Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lucifer

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post
    Its turning into a great show with usually events and interesting story lines
    The last two have been better. It was sort of dragging for a while. I like how it was revealed that it is Chloe that takes away Lucifer's invulnerability. I sort of expected she was the cause of it and Lucifer himself confirmed it when he cut his hand with her standing in front of him.

Astonishing Member

Anyone watched the 2nd last episode where lucifer went to a Satan worshipping cult and when he claims to be the Satan the guy immediately asked I thought you're supposed to be blonde, I lol so hard at that.

Well, I admit, the ending was... interesting. I still have a generally unfavorable opinion, but I won't go over what I've already said.

I really like Amenadiel in this show. He's actually more interesting then his comic book counterpart (who only really exists to yell at Lucifer and then die). The Lucifer and Amenadiel's actors have great chemistry, so if they keep that up in season 2, I'll have reason to keep watching.

The few times they've delved into the supernatural elements (Lucifer's wings for example) the show got a lot more interesting. I still find Chloe to be more or less dull and uninspired. I really, really don't see what Lucifer finds so interesting in her, aside from how she affects his immortality. It will be interesting to see if she is really Elaine Belloc.

And the ending? spoilers:
    Lucifer PRAYING to his father?
    end of spoilers Oh god no, that is so far removed from his character it made me sick to watch. Lucifer should have beaten Malcolm with his wits. Malcolm had stones for brains, it wouldnt be that difficult. This was an embarrassing show for Lucifer, quite frankly.

Still, there is hope. They can correct course in season two if they drop the LAPD elements and focus on the more interesting things. Hell, if they need some sort of procedural format, why not monster of the week instead of murder of the week? It makes more sense if people are escaping hell.

Speaking of escaping hell... spoilers:
    Mum is totally Lilith
    end of spoilers.
    Last edited by MikeP; 05-01-2016 at 05:13 PM.
    Life is but a dream

Astonishing Member

Supernatural has God's sister running around and destroying things. Seems to be a trend. Almost like the Presidential election - Don't ya want an omnipotent woman crazy villain?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    Well, I admit, the ending was... interesting. I still have a generally unfavorable opinion, but I won't go over what I've already said.

I really like Amenadiel in this show. He's actually more interesting then his comic book counterpart (who only really exists to yell at Lucifer and then die). The Lucifer and Amenadiel's actors have great chemistry, so if they keep that up in season 2, I'll have reason to keep watching.

The few times they've delved into the supernatural elements (Lucifer's wings for example) the show got a lot more interesting. I still find Chloe to be more or less dull and uninspired. I really, really don't see what Lucifer finds so interesting in her, aside from how she affects his immortality. It will be interesting to see if she is really Elaine Belloc.

end of spoilers Oh god no, that is so far removed from his character it made me sick to watch. Lucifer should have beaten Malcolm with his wits. Malcolm had stones for brains, it wouldnt be that difficult. This was an embarrassing show for Lucifer, quite frankly.

Still, there is hope. They can correct course in season two if they drop the LAPD elements and focus on the more interesting things. Hell, if they need some sort of procedural format, why not monster of the week instead of murder of the week? It makes more sense if people are escaping hell.

Mum is totally Lilith
    end of spoilers.
    Tbh, the show is successful because of its procedural elements. Also, Lucifer actor is so charming he fits the role 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    Tbh, the show is successful because of its procedural elements. Also, Lucifer actor is so charming he fits the role 100%.
    Well, I think it would have been improved without the boring murder mysteries. And I find this Lucifer far more interesting when he tones down the charm and focused on other things.
    Life is but a dream

Looks like we're getting a second season whether I like it or not. I'm sure this show is a lot better if you're not familiar with the source material, but a lot of the procedural stuff is really dull. Lucifer's one liners barely make up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    Anyone watched the 2nd last episode where lucifer went to a Satan worshipping cult and when he claims to be the Satan the guy immediately asked I thought you're supposed to be blonde, I lol so hard at that.
    I laughed at that too. Also enjoyed that they named a character "Mike Carey" in that episode.

Yeah, really. Lucifer is way too nice and friendly and a seeker of justice. He cares too much about what others think, and that big moment for him was...not very flattering.

Mum is totally Lilith
    end of spoilers.
    Kick up the supernatural element and let Chloe in on it...I could dig that. As for that spoiler, that's what I was thinking...although not sure how it would make sense for Lucifer and Amenadiel. Mazikeen, sure, but angels?

BANNED

Well, for starters, Lucifer isn't really a procedural. It's a show with a cop as one of the leads, but that's not automatically the same thing as a procedural. And while it's unlikely they'll completely drop the cop angle, they will likely de-emphasize it over time, simply because that's the pattern shows like this tend to take. They use case/villain/monster of the week format for the first season (or two) because it's an easily digestible, episodic foundation for new viewers to jump onto, but as the show rolls on and they reveal more of the larger story infrastructure/mythology and use that as the primary story platform, they'll start to rely on the cop show format less and less.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Well, for starters, Lucifer isn't really a procedural. It's a show with a cop as one of the leads, but that's not automatically the same thing as a procedural. And while it's unlikely they'll completely drop the cop angle, they will likely de-emphasize it over time, simply because that's the pattern shows like this tend to take. They use case/villain/monster of the week format for the first season (or two) because it's an easily digestible, episodic foundation for new viewers to jump onto, but as the show rolls on and they reveal more of the larger story infrastructure/mythology and use that as the primary story platform, they'll start to rely on the cop show format less and less.
    If they do that, and tweak Lucifer's character to be more in line with his Magnificent Bastard comic counterpart, it will win a lot of goodwill from me.
    Life is but a dream

Incredible Member

Wasn't expecting the last minute twist with the wife.
    The sword is coming back into play and it looks like Timothy Omindson (Cain on Supernatural) may be playing God.
    Great return episode and nice shout out to Supergirl during the initial crime scene.

Spectacular Member

Still thinking about watching Season 2...but if I do I'll probably become more frustrated because of the show's ignorance of source texts (Sandman and 2 volumes of Lucifer). Even within cop show format there's much more room for creativity.

Examples:
    1. Susano and other Japanese dieties can be Yakuza who stole Lucifer's wings in attempt to "cash in" on divinity.
    2. In Season on Mists Lucifer complains about humans using "devil made me do it" as excuse....um crime show...free will angle can certainly be adapted here to explore nature of crime, morality, etc.
    3. chloe's daughter: instead of using standard hollywood relationship cliches give her some of Elaine Belloc's traits or introduce Elaine herself.

I would be pleasantly surprised if anything like above is in Season 2.

Instead of an angel's daughter we're getting their mother and it's patently ridiculous.

Spectacular Member

Finally started watching Season 2 -- episode 1 more of the same so decided to play episode 2 in background as I type this...based on my post does it get better? Have plenty of other shows in my queue including Preacher which at least tries to creatively adapt source text.

Quote Originally Posted by smallo View Post
    Finally started watching Season 2 -- episode 1 more of the same so decided to play episode 2 in background as I type this...based on my post does it get better? Have plenty of other shows in my queue including Preacher which at least tries to creatively adapt source text.
    the ep with Uriel in it is good the rest is more or less more of the same so if you can handle S1 good and bad stay for S2 more of the same but somhow better.
    Last edited by choptop; 07-25-2017 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smallo View Post
    If you have any fondness for the source material you aint gonna like it. Tom and D.B woodside are amazing but you can only enjoy it as its own thing. It does dip into the mundane procedural drama but anything with Lucifer and Amenadiel is good. Those two actors out shine the material they are given. And ive never heard of the giy who plays Lucifer but hes great.