Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Lucifer

I admit, the last shot in the Season 2 finale makes me more hopeful.
    Life is but a dream

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    If you have any fondness for the source material you aint gonna like it. Tom and D.B woodside are amazing but you can only enjoy it as its own thing. It does dip into the mundane procedural drama but anything with Lucifer and Amenadiel is good. Those two actors out shine the material they are given. And ive never heard of the giy who plays Lucifer but hes great.
    I actually like some fantasy procedurals like Grimm and Izombie (another vertigo book adapted into procedural which works better...maybe because of source text's lighter tone) but it's so frustrating to watch Lucifer's writers ignore Sandman and 2 Lucifer volumes which can be creatively adapted into procedural context. For example Season 2 episode 1 could've introduced Scoria as drug dealer selling "special" drug and could be linked with Mazikeen's disappearance. I recently watched Legion on FX and wonder if Lucifer would've been better on that channel because apparently writers have more creative freedom there.
    Last edited by smallo; 07-25-2017 at 11:39 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    I admit, the last shot in the Season 2 finale makes me more hopeful.
    Is that the scene where Lucifer awakes with his wings? That shot is the reason I'm giving Season 2 a chance...if they have something on heaven's war that references Milton and Vondel over source texts that would be awesome...but I know better especially since Jerry Bruckheimer is listed on credits.

Would be nice to at least have hell land grab story from "Season of Mists" in which different deities could be rival LA gangs (example Susano and other japanese gods as yakuza) vying for rights to Hell. Guess even that is too much to ask for.

Quote Originally Posted by smallo View Post
    Is that the scene where Lucifer awakes with his wings? That shot is the reason I'm giving Season 2 a chance...if they have something on heaven's war that references Milton and Vondel over source texts that would be awesome...but I know better especially since Jerry Bruckheimer is listed on credits.

Would be nice to at least have hell land grab story from "Season of Mists" in which different deities could be rival LA gangs (example Susano and other japanese gods as yakuza) vying for rights to Hell. Guess even that is too much to ask for.
    I just want SOMETHING beyond the mundane that we've been getting. The running plot involving Lucifer's mother was good. I want them to step it up several notches.
    Life is but a dream

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    I just want SOMETHING beyond the mundane that we've been getting. The running plot involving Lucifer's mother was good. I want them to step it up several notches.
    The epiaode Lucifee goes to back to hell and Amenadiel has to guard chloes room was my favorite. DB woodilside and the guy who plays lucifer(tom something i think) really are good actors. And now we got tom welling joining the cast lol

Late to the show
    Never really knew of it, only had a vague idea it might be a DC Vertigo property, but didn't bother to find out. And just randomly watched an episode on Netflix. I found it dark, funny, and terrific drama, and love the characters (esp. Mazikeen!)
    Now I've been binging back from the beginning. LOL
    Like it all, so far.

I know it's relaunching on Netfix, looking forward to the new season.
    Last edited by Güicho; 01-11-2019 at 06:14 AM.

I enjoy the show.

Anybody watching the last season?

Quote Originally Posted by chongjasmine View Post
    Anybody watching the last season?
    I watched it, I thought it was good.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Kinda wish we got more of Rory, like a season earlier, but I dug the season. I will admit, I got a little misty as things were wrapping up.

Like anyshow on this long there was good and bad and narrative hiccups, but for the most part, it was a pretty good show.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

I thought it was pretty great. Sure, there were certain things that didn't make the most sense (Amenadiel's excuse for never visiting Dan), the obligatory police reform storyline was jammed in there like every cop show this year, and I wasn't happy with the reveal of how Ella went from seeing a frog drop on her car to figuring out Lucifer was the real devil, but these were speedbumps along the way for a pretty epic but wrapup to the show. I'd say it was very satisfying - this show was saved by the fans, so they made sure to end things where we kinda expect, but how we got there with Rory's involvement really came with some unexpected repercussions and great drama where "of course we have to see how Luci deals with parenthood" to bring his story full circle. I'd say they stuck the landing, which not all shows do.