Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    And that's okay if that's what they want to do. I would only have a problem with that if the left hand is able to do one thing but the right must follow the left. If SM/WW, and by association the rest of the Superman and WW line get to do their own thing while Johns does his on JL, fair enough. If they want to stick to that kind of continuity model post-Rebirth so be it.

That said though I still strongly believe that the reason Johns choose to go this route anyway, despite the continuity elsewhere, is because of his setting up of ominous signs that will lead to Steve's death. As I said, there's lots of them, the most telling being the next issue. spoilers:
    Grail needing Steve to complete her plan is not an accident; its the catalyst the story requires to have a hero die, and have a new villain skyrocket atop the panetheon of the rogue's gallery for the character that death impacts the most.
    end of spoilers
    Even if Steve died right this second, he would still be the guy that no amount of Kryptonian level sex could purge from Wonder Woman's system!
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Even if Steve died right this second, he would still be the guy that no amount of Kryptonian level sex could purge from Wonder Woman's system!
    well I don't know why kryptonian sex could be better than human sex. But anyway, Steve is that good that wonder woman can't gorget him!

I think tha tjohns is just following his story, smww was meant to be temporary because they are superstrong. Steve gonna get back with WW, I'm sure he won't die or if he dies he will be back like tomorrow

Of course he'd be back. Again, Steve dying and coming back was his thing pre-Crisis, and we know Johns loves going to those nostalgic wells when he can. But if my theory does happen to be right it wouldn't be immediate, because there's no drama in it if is. If he does die in the way I think he's going to, you gotta milk the consequences of it. spoilers:
    In this case being the arch-nemeses dynamic that will be Wonder Woman and Grail
    end of spoilers
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

spoilers:
    I bet that Grail only need his blood or even his body. or she just want him for fun, well steve is hot. It is really hard to see why Grail would kill him
    end of spoilers
    steve wouldn't stay dead longer than the movie debut. I wouldn't give more than 1 year

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Of course he'd be back. Again, Steve dying and coming back was his thing pre-Crisis, and we know Johns loves going to those nostalgic wells when he can. But if my theory does happen to be right it wouldn't be immediate, because there's no drama in it if is. If he does die in the way I think he's going to, you gotta milk the consequences of it. spoilers:
    In this case being the arch-nemeses dynamic that will be Wonder Woman and Grail
    end of spoilers
    Heh. Looks like Supes is having a hard enough time competing while Steve is alive.

If Steve dies, Clark won't even have a ghost of a chance [ba-dom-CHING! ]
    Last edited by brettc1; 01-30-2016 at 10:18 PM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    spoilers:
    I bet that Grail only need his blood or even his body. or she just want him for fun, well steve is hot. It is really hard to see why Grail would kill him
    end of spoilers
    steve wouldn't stay dead longer than the movie debut. I wouldn't give more than 1 year
    The movies aren't going to have that kind of effect on the comics. We already have a report on that from the same source that broke the Rebirth news. Granted this is just my personal theory, so it might prove moot in the first place, but this goes for anything that may or may not happen in the Wonder Woman comics in the future. The movie will have very little bearing on what they do.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-30-2016 at 10:29 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Heh. Looks like Supes is having a hard enough time competing while Steve is alive.

If Steve dies, Clark won't even have a ghost of a chance [ba-dom-CHING! ]

Yes if Steve "dies" while not telling Diana that he still loves her(but it's teased). It's nearly a for sure that they are getting back together when he 'comes back' and finishes their 'conversation'.

We will see though.