Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default Queen Emma Frost & King Cyclops Appreciation Thead

This has been a long time coming, let us celebrate the triumphs and idiosyncrasies of mutant royalty. Appreciate Cyclops & Emma Frost.

Last edited by ExodusCloak; 01-26-2016 at 07:18 AM.

the title is not correct it should be

Queen Emma Frost and King Cyclops.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    the title is not correct it should be

Queen Emma Frost and King Cyclops.
    I was going to do that then I settled for it being alphabetical. We can compromise I can't edit the outside of the thread but inside it'll say that. ;P

Last edited by ExodusCloak; 01-26-2016 at 07:24 AM.

My fav Cyke pairing. Gets rid of the annoying Wolverine love triangle attached to Jean.

They have always played well off of each other. It was good cop bad cop then bad cop bad cop then a complete reversal of the roles but they do play well of each other.

I'm very mixed on the couple. I do think they are one of Marvel's most unique and dynamic couples, and they had some great chemistry. Much better than Marvel's trademark couples like Sue/Reed or Janet/Hank, ext. However, they have had just as much rough patches as well. I think I enjoyed Scemma under Morrison, Whedon and Claremont best. It wasn't until Fraction and Bendis' era until I completely hated the couple. I felt both individuals became bad for each other. Emma was starting to only be written as Scott's lovesick puppy who can't exist without him and Scott was just written as someone who doesn't care enough to acknowledge her. Bad part on the writers of course.
    Last edited by Project Initiative Cascada; 01-26-2016 at 12:29 PM.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

I demand more Scemma.
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    I'm very mixed on the couple. I do think they are one of Marvel's most unique and dynamic couples, and they had some great chemistry. Much better than Marvel's trademark couples like Sue/Reed or Janet/Hand, ext. However, they have had just as much rough patches as well. I think I enjoyed Scemma under Morrison, Whedon and Claremont best. It wasn't until Fraction and Bendis' era until I completely hated the couple. I felt both individuals became bad for each other. Emma was starting to only be written as Scott's lovesick puppy who can't exist without him and Scott was just written as someone who doesn't care enough to acknowledge her. Bad part on the writers of course.
    I don't think some writers take on them should negate all the actual awesome the two bring forth when they are written well together. I actually think the negative that they have with each other would also work well for their dynamic. The only thing that I wanted from Bendis's break up was for him to use it in interesting ways and though the two break up scenes he wrote had very good moments in them, he just didn't explore their full potential.

I am not against them being apart, but I prefer them together, however I wish that they both deal with their issues if they ever got paired of.

Either way, they're still my fave couple. The fact that it just sort of happened, the fact that they both influenced each other, specially early, the fact they're unconventional. As Bendis's Emma said, when they were good they were as good as it gets.

I support Scemma. 100%
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Best X-Couple IMO. And possibly best Marvel couple after Peter/MJ.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I never really had much of an opinion on Emma until Whedon. I grew to really like the couple and think they only seemed a bit much (together or separately) when a writer tried too hard with them. Good to excellent chemistry.

BANNED

The mutant populace overall IQ has plummeted so low, it's what they deserve.

Well you can only work with what you have unfortunately.