Super Moderator

Default "Bloodlines: Hostile Takeover" Eschews DC's Superheroes for Horror Thrills

Comparing his DC Comics miniseries to a Stephen King novel, J.T. Krul isn't squeamish about hyping the story's horrific goals to CBR News.

Full article here.

BANNED

Why is this posted again?

Astonishing Member

"And yes, it's Razorsharp. Some of them are very literal re-imaginings with the same types of powers, and some of them are variations. But yes, there's an allusion of a little bit of Razorsharp there."

Okay that's just weird. Maybe they'll make her character similar to the original but that in no way would look like Razorsharp either in powers, design or largely attitude so far. I've said it before and I'll say it again it looks FAR more like a re imagining of Edge who had that same visual design (spikes coming out of skin and shredding clothes).

I'm looking forward to the book regardless but that kinda leaves me wondering just how radically altered the folks will be.

All-New Member

Man, I hope we get Gunfire. That guy was terrible.

Canadian Curmudgeon Scott M Davis's Avatar

They should bring back all those terrible Bloodline characters just to kill them.
    Pull List: Catalyst Prime Titles and Dinosaucers

BANNED

I hope that DC Comics is not planning to conduct a purge between the characters of Bloodlines line and kill most of them neither did with the Titans in Infinite Crisis

This might actually work. I just hope they don't ruin Sparx too badly. She was one of the few decent characters to come out of the original crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    Why is this posted again?
    To bury the previous thread..?

Meanwhile, I found this interesting...

"Now that The New 52 has had success, and different stories and titles like "We Are Robin," "Batgirl" and "Gotham Academy" are taking off, they are moving a little bit away from the superhero as a genre book and telling different kinds of stories."

I don't think he got the 'meat and potatoes' memo...
    It actually sounds like a potential DCYou type book, once you get past the '90s nostalgia.

And...

"The first time I talked about it with them was when they were getting ready to launch The New 52, and they were, I think, more focused on their established superheroes."

Which sounds like what everyone's expecting them to do again with Rebirth.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.