Default Tarot Witch of the Black Rose

Any fans of Tarot? I am new here..thought I would start a topic..didn't see one on here..?

BANNED

I know a little bit; I was attracted to the art in the series and it's art that Wonder Woman should be emulating by now; Dejah Thoris comes close, and Red Sonja should be.

I binged the series in 2013; it mostly seemed to be geared towards an audience different from heterosexual men, as well as the occult, so, I just dropped it. I might look into it again, but, being a heterosexual, Christian male, although backsliding when looking, it's not my cup of tea. Keep the great art, cross the lines, and I'd definitely put this on my Wonder Woman and Dejah Thoris list to follow.

Amazing Member

first dozen issues were ok, then turned into something i didn't like. his art gradually just became too OTT and a parody of himself, it seemed to me, the stories were....not for me.

Just ordered a few issues so we will see how it is. I totally appreciate what broadsword comics has done though, making their own label and such...sticking around for 18 years er so is quite a feat as well.
    Current Pull List
    -Marvel 2-in-1 (The Thing and Human Torch)
    -The Silencer

Here is a question for you folks. Seeing as there are really almost no reviews for the series on youtube, would anyone be interested in a video review if I were to post one? Always thought it would be fun to get into the comic review/drama game, and what better way than to review racy comics?
    Current Pull List
    -Marvel 2-in-1 (The Thing and Human Torch)
    -The Silencer

Invincible Member

Sure, Why not?

Tarot With of the Black Rose is one of my favourite comics. It is high parody with the nudity and sexual hijinks, but the women are mightily empowered even when they fail. And the paganism influences (predominately Wiccan) are a nice change of pace from the Abrahamic standards in other American comics.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.