Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Starting over: DC to relaunch #1's again, Wonder Woman focus

The intent is to tie the comics line more closely to upcoming movies and current TV shows.
    The main focus will be Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman and other movie and TV shows like Arrow, Supergirl, and Flash.
    I have to say...I DON'T HATE IT ONE BIT. It could be great. Especially for Wonder Woman!! Looks like we'll get to know Gal's Wonder Woman before her movie after all.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/01/...a-filmtv-bent/
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 01-22-2016 at 02:09 PM.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I like the Arrowverse a lot but it's too soon to say if I'll like the cinematic version of Wonder Woman or not. I would just be happy if DC retconned everything from "The Odyssey" storyline until present. No Cheetah and Giganta as Amazons, no Zeus-daddy origin, no mass-murdering Donna Troy. Go back to the basics that Marston set up and work with that.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

This isn't a reboot. Its just a renumbering and renewed focus on their properties which are getting the most limelight right now outside of comics. I mean, there's always the chance of some retcons here and there, but the continuity is going to be the same. We'll still have essentially the same Wonder Woman, she's not going to turn into the cinematic WW overnight or anything. I wouldn't count on any substantial history changes.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-22-2016 at 02:49 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Fantastic Member

WOW! For some reason DC is really determined to drive readers away, aren't they? Another relaunch this soon is completely unnecessary. You want the Wonder Woman comic to be more like the movie? Then change the outfit and start drawing her more like Gal (It's not like they don't change Wonder Woman's outfit every 15 minutes anyway and Wonder Woman in Justice League is basically Gal's outfit already). Still, the one that gets me is The Arrow-verse. So does that mean they're going to redo Black Canary again? At the end of 52 they systematically tore away everything they had spent years building for that character, they launch the New 52 and she's a completely different character in The Birds of Prey, they finally give her her own book and start building her back up to what she was before Andrew Kreisberg did everything he could to ruin her pre New 52 and now they may change her to the Arrowverse version where she's a third tier character they they all but ignore...SWELL! Can't wait!

You want the Wonder Woman comic to be more like the movie? Then change the outfit and start drawing her more like Gal (It's not like they don't change Wonder Woman's outfit every 15 minutes anyway and Wonder Woman in Justice League is basically Gal's outfit already).
    That probably is closer to what they'll do. If that. This is more about reverting from the DCYou changes and a shiny #1 which doesn't really mean much but will reel in some quick sales. That's all.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Fantastic Member

I don't care if they blow everything up, as long as Meredith Finch is off this book!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    This isn't a reboot. Its just a renumbering and renewed focus on their properties which are getting the most limelight right now outside of comics. I mean, there's always the chance of some retcons here and there, but the continuity is going to be the same. We'll still have essentially the same Wonder Woman, she's not going to turn into the cinematic WW overnight or anything. I wouldn't count on any substantial history changes.
    we don't know it yet. some titles can see reboots.

I think this is th etime to change origins, do a more legend of wonder woman origin, put her supporting cast back to the comic (steve and etta).

I don't even put my hopes up, because DC had a good run on azzarello just to screw it with finches

You're right not to get your hopes up. If there are "fixes"/changes, it will be with really broken stuff like the Titans (which is indeed being rebranded with the original team; no word of the other Teen Titans title will continue). Wonder Woman, Batman, Superman, stuff like that, we're not going to get major continuity changes outside of what's already happening with the reversion of the DCYou ideas.

BANNED

I like reboots, reboots are new-reader friendly, however the [price+subpar quality] is a powerful repellent so it doesn't work. Perhaps they should consider shedding their tired, barren creative deadweight and scout the planet for new creative talent as well as provide cheaper black&white options.

BANNED

You're right not to get your hopes up. If there are "fixes"/changes, it will be with really broken stuff like the Titans (which is indeed being rebranded with the original team; no word of the other Teen Titans title will continue). Wonder Woman, Batman, Superman, stuff like that, we're not going to get major continuity changes outside of what's already happening with the reversion of the DCYou ideas.
    superman and wonder woman are broken, they need fixes as new titans. not as much, but needs fixes

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    The intent is to tie the comics line more closely to upcoming movies and current TV shows.
    The main focus will be Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman and other movie and TV shows like Arrow, Supergirl, and Flash.
    I have to say...I DON'T HATE IT ONE BIT. It could be great. Especially for Wonder Woman!! Looks like we'll get to know Gal's Wonder Woman before her movie after all.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/01/...a-filmtv-bent/
    Great news, especially if it means 'bye-bye' to the Finches!

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    superman and wonder woman are broken, they need fixes as new titans. not as much, but needs fixes
    Superman and Wonder Woman's current problems are mostly DCYou related. And that's ending. Conceptually from the initial New 52 reboot perspective they're just fine. They just need a better editor, mainly. And from there hopefully will filter down better stories with less crossovers and the like.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-22-2016 at 04:08 PM.

BANNED

No they're not. They're fine once Truth ends and the Finches run ends on WW. That's the only problems they have.
    no, it isn't. they have larger problems. WW less than superman

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

They may win me back as a reader if they restore the Amazons' honor and civilization, and bring back the utopian elements that make Wonder Woman.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

Spectacular Member StaticShock99's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I like the Arrowverse a lot but it's too soon to say if I'll like the cinematic version of Wonder Woman or not. I would just be happy if DC retconned everything from "The Odyssey" storyline until present. No Cheetah and Giganta as Amazons, no Zeus-daddy origin, no mass-murdering Donna Troy. Go back to the basics that Marston set up and work with that.
    Cosigning this.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveGus View Post
    They may win me back as a reader if they restore the Amazons' honor and civilization, and bring back the utopian elements that make Wonder Woman.
    This too.