Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

If this is true, I'm hyped.

I know they lied five years ago (and understand why they did), but the difference back then was that, despite saying they weren't rebooting, the landscape of comics at the time warranted it and it made sense. This time, not only are they saying they're not rebooting, but the landscape outright does not warrant it and it could kill them as a publisher to do it. So I tend to believe that this time they're not doing it, heh.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    DC Comics Rebirth: Marguerite Bennett, The New Writer Of The Wonder Woman Comic?: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/02/...ongoing-comic/

"It’s looking pretty likely right now that the new writer for the ongoing Wonder Woman bi-weekly, for the DC Comics Rebirth relaunch will be Marguerite Bennett.

Writer and former student of Scott Snyder, Bennett has written comics such as A-Force, Angela, DC Bombshells, Earth 2, and the current Insexts series from Aftershock, a real favourite of mine.

And now it seems she will be writing the ongoing adventures of Wonder Woman, replacing Meredith Finch as the series relaunches in June as a bi-weekly comic.

This will be part of the DC Rebirth branding, and will receive either a Wonder Woman #Rebirth or Wonder Woman: Rebirth #1 before a subsequent Wonder Woman #1, as will be standard among the affected titles."
    Sounds good to me.

I'd have no problem with this whatsoever.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Sounds good to me too!

In advance, I want to make this clear.

*If* this is true that a new writer is starting in June, I expect people who are not fans of the current run to be respectful of those who are.

I made this same request back when Azzarello's run ended and the Finch's began. Just remember that we're all fans of Wonder Woman, and the creative teams *you* like are disliked by others. Just think of how you would want to be treated if your favorite team was leaving and act accordingly.
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    bennett has been writing a great WW on bombshells, also great romance with trevor. I would give her a chance.
    would be a miracle that DC will finally give her a high profile project. she should had got earth 2

Its great we've got a writer with a more classical outlook. But I was hoping for the writer of legends of wonder woman..... Also. Bimonthly hurts my wallet.

I'll be quite surprised if DC lets a woman write WW a fourth time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I know they lied five years ago (and understand why they did), but the difference back then was that, despite saying they weren't rebooting, the landscape of comics at the time warranted it and it made sense. This time, not only are they saying they're not rebooting, but the landscape outright does not warrant it and it could kill them as a publisher to do it. So I tend to believe that this time they're not doing it, heh.
    DC seems to want to calm people that this isn't a reboot, more than anything. they lied once, why not lie twice? from the BC rumors the results can be very mixed though the line

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'll be quite surprised if DC lets a woman write WW a fourth time.
    what i find unusual is give the book for a young writer like Bennett. Well she is a rise star, but it is very different from the last hires for the book. JMS and Azzarello are veterans, david finch is a veteran while his wife is a new writer
    Last edited by Tayswift; 02-15-2016 at 04:12 PM.

I still say Meredith Finch has potential. For me it feels she's still raw. Has the tools, but hasn't quite put them all together yet, mostly in terms of dialogue. Her plotting is fine. So yeah. This run didn't work out well but such is life.

BANNED

I'm not keeping up with DC Bombshells, I heard it's good. Angela Queen of Hel by Bennett isn't though, but there's only going up from the Finches!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I still say Meredith Finch has potential. For me it feels she's still raw. Has the tools, but hasn't quite put them all together yet, mostly in terms of dialogue. Her plotting is fine. So yeah. This run didn't work out well but such is life.
    she doesn't know pace, dialogue, good villains motivations, how to build a coherent story. She needs to work on creator owned projects.

I hope Wonder Woman is her break out book

BANNED

she doesn't know pace, dialogue, good villains motivations, how to build a coherent story. She needs to work on creator owned projects.
    The plotting was atrocious, Meredith's biggest weakness for sure. For 5 issues she just ran around in circles then squeezed the whole story into the concluding issue. People call that "talent", beats me
    Last edited by Pamp_Lusa; 02-15-2016 at 04:47 PM.

BANNED

Creator-owned projects? Why?

What she really needs is writing courses.