Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I started out decently but Robin War kind of killed it for me...it was just that bad.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    untrained kids winning over talons, that was too much. they should had found a way to get talons weaker
    If these guys had been the regular Talons I would agree with you. However the "talons" the WAR kids were fighting were just mindless drones and not the more typical "Talons" the Court uses. The normal Talons are capable of rational thought while these guys appeared to lack that skill entirely. Without that skill theses "talons" were just flailing about in a disorganized manner so it would have been easier for the WAR kids to take them out.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Your opinion doesnt warrant a new thread

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    I wish stuff like this was explored more often
    sadly I can see the book going away once the relaunch happens
    Duke has scored a important spot in the batman line going forward but all the other kids will likely just quit
    I don't know that they will go away with relaunch after all they got people to pay 4 dollars a comic

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    Just because they call themselves Robin, dress in Robin colors, they're pushing a friendship between Damian and Duke, Alfred seems to be helping them out, and they just did a massive crossover involving every one of the BatFamily books (every book that involves a Robin or former Robin, and no other) doesn't mean it needs to be considered a BatFam book?

Okay, this I admit I don't get at all.
    What I meant was the logic of: Kids call themselves Robin = Robin is Batmans partner = Batman can't have so many partners = this book makes no sense. That's what I don't get.

This book is not meant to be Robin: the Sidekicks of Batman. I should have been clearer, they are not part of the core BatFam, while still being part of the Batman and Robin mythos. The main characters are more likely to be better integrated into the inner cycle of Batman, but the group as a whole is seperate from the Bat. As it should be.

BANNED

It could have been decent but when the original Robins and a Joker gang start showing up that is in my opinion the sign of a flop that is desperate to remain relevant. No diversity argument is going to convince me otherwise.

Mighty Member

I like the concept but the execution have not been the best, but there have been some good moments.

I don't see the fact that the original Robins or a gang of Jokers as a sign of desperation . I would have been weird if they didn't have a story where the original Robins didn't question the fact that their was a gang of kids using their names, the fact that the story wasn't that good is the problem. As for a gang of Jokers, I see that as a natural evolution of this book. If heroes inspires a gang of kids it is no leap of logic that villains would inspire a gang also.
    Last edited by ZuLuLu; 01-27-2016 at 07:48 AM.

I liked the book at first but now I'm getting tired of it. Seems a bit directionless and lacking in well-defined characters. Often feels like shorthand.

Well the jokers gang is now a thing since daniels run on detective comics

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Your opinion doesnt warrant a new thread
    Been waiting for someone to say this....

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Weren't the Jokerz around since the Batman Beyond show?

Fantastic Member

the fact that they made the robins a gang bugs me because gangs are associated with a lot of bad things
    drive by shootings violence things I don't want the name robin associated with
    oh and gang war thanks joker gang
    Last edited by hero talk; 01-27-2016 at 04:57 PM.