View Poll Results: What Wonder Woman origin do u like?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Clay Origin

33 38.82%
  • Demi Goddess

42 49.41%
  • Both

9 10.59%
  • Neither

4 4.71%
  • other

2 2.35%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Wonder Woman's Origin

What origins do u like?

Is she really unrelatable with her clay origin?

I prefer the 'demigoddess' story to the clay. Would love to see them merged, somehow, ..with Zeus fathering her, by a single lightning bolt. There must be a way.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    I prefer the 'demigoddess' story to the clay. Would love to see them merged, somehow, ..with Zeus fathering her, by a single lightning bolt. There must be a way.
    What about this, the Hippoltya need a god or goddess's blood to being Diana alive. So Diana can be a demi goddesses and still be made from clay. Better yet that would be a interesting way for the amazons to have kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    What about this, the Hippoltya need a god or goddess's blood to being Diana alive. So Diana can be a demi goddesses and still be made from clay. Better yet that would be a interesting way for the amazons to have kids.
    Goddess-- yes. No gods. In a way it's not "that" different than her origin-- a Goddess breathes life into the sculpture. Who is to say what "god blood" is like?

I prefer the clay origin to the bastard godling. Perez had the Goddesses act as midwives to Diana's birth--and bring the clay (with the last soul from the Well of Souls) together, making her flesh and blood, blessed with divine gifts.

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    Goddess-- yes. No gods. In a way it's not "that" different than her origin-- a Goddess breathes life into the sculpture. Who is to say what "god blood" is like?

I prefer the clay origin to the bastard godling. Perez had the Goddesses act as midwives to Diana's birth--and bring the clay (with the last soul from the Well of Souls) together, making her flesh and blood, blessed with divine gifts.
    One thing I dislike is that they are unrelatable because of their clay origin. There are many Dc characters with origins that are weird as well but no one cares.

I LOVED her Clay Origin it was cool and unique, but I don't hate her new 52 origin.

One thing I dislike is that they are unrelatable because of their clay origin. There are many Dc characters with origins that are weird as well but no one cares.
    Is it really that more unrelatable than being a demi-god though? I never got that, neither of these origins are that relatable.

Quote Originally Posted by Step View Post
    I LOVED her Clay Origin it was cool and unique, but I don't hate her new 52 origin.

Is it really that more unrelatable than being a demi-god though? I never got that, neither of these origins are that relatable.
    More sense to find this origin relatable simple because she has a mother and father. To me it's how you see the character grows up. I mean there are more weird characters with weirder origins than Diana.

Mighty Member

Demi Goddess seems better. I wonder what her orgin in the Superman-Batman movie will be?

More sense to find this origin relatable simple because she has a mother and father. To me it's how you see the character grows up. I mean there are more weird characters with weirder origins than Diana.
    I suppose, but when the mother is a Queen and the father is a god, it loses it's relatablity for me. Not that I mind, her origin isn't what made her relatable to me.

With me it does matter how a character is born it's what they do with that character . Also couldn't the clay and Demi goddess mixed. With a goddess blood like Aphrodite or anyone else she could still be a Demi goddess

BANNED

Is she really unrelatable with her clay origin?
    Yes: no one's made of clay. As a demi-goddess all the half divine people in the world really get her.

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Yes: no one's made of clay. As a demi-goddess all the half divine people in the world really get her.
    I guess I never had to relate to her birth-- it was just a beautiful story.

What I relate to is her character, her inner strength, her humanity, her kindness.....

Bruce is all human, but I can't relate to him at all...

M

One of the main reasons that I prefer the Papi Zeus origin is that it gives Wonder Woman a diverse family of brothers, as well as sisters, ..and that amkes her unique among the Amazons. I like that she is unique in that way and other ways, because it makes Diana a revolutionary character, ..and I feel that is what she should always be.

Furthermore, I hope that her days as being a spirit of Truth or champion of the gods or reperesnting something, other than the Amazon ideals, is over. It creates the opportunity, narratively speaking, to make Diana her own woman.

Hoofrakin'ray.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 05-31-2014 at 06:05 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    One of the main reasons that I prefer the Papi Zeus origin is that it gives Wonder Woman a diverse family of brothers, as well as sisters, ..and that amkes her unique among the Amazons. I like that she is unique in that way and other ways, because it makes Diana a revolutionary character, ..and I feel that is what she should always be.

Furthermore, I hope that her days as being a spirit of Truth or champion of the gods or reperesnting something, other than the Amazon ideals, is over. It creates the opportunity, narratively speaking, to make Diana her own woman.

Hoofrakin'ray.
    So she wasn't unique before when she was the only child on an island full of adults. Also weren't there stories were she and the Amazons defied the gods like when she refused to give her body to Zeus or when she freed Heracles.