Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Batman meets Dick Tracy, how would you all feel about that ?

Comic strip icon Dick Tracy made some allusions to DC Comics infamous Dark Knight detective. Which makes me wonder....how would you as Bat fans feel about Batman making a trip to the Strips and meeting Dick Tracy ?

Dick Tracy should get splashed with acid like Harvey Dent. Then he could be spoilers:
    Two Tracy.
    end of spoilers
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Comic strip icon Dick Tracy made some allusions to DC Comics infamous Dark Knight detective. Which makes me wonder....how would you as Bat fans feel about Batman making a trip to the Strips and meeting Dick Tracy ?
    I would love it if it was an earlier version of Batman (though not Batman '66) . . . preferably set back in the late 1930s / 1940s.

But if we're talking New 52 Batman and modern sensibilities . . . eh.

Extraordinary Member

With art by Darwyn Cooke, please.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    With art by Darwyn Cooke, please.
    This'd be what made it it lost it for me. I love the idea of the two of them in a story together, but it'd depend on the talent. Cooke being on would probably see me disinterested, but it'd sell great, because he sells great.

Now, Max Allan Collins, I've be very very down with.

Joe Staton or Kyle Baker might actually give me a heart attack. But, one of happiness.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

BANNED

I haven't forgiven Max Allan Collins for his misdeeds toward Dick Grayson, but I have to agree he'd do a great Batman/Tracy team up. It would make my day to have Tracy pull out his "two-way wrist radio" to show Batman how high-tech he is, and Batman could laugh at him.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I would love it if it was an earlier version of Batman (though not Batman '66) . . . preferably set back in the late 1930s / 1940s.

But if we're talking New 52 Batman and modern sensibilities . . . eh.

Absolutely!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I would love it if it was an earlier version of Batman . . . preferably set back in the late 1930s
    my thought exactly.
    Jim Zimmerman
    co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

Extraordinary Member

If not Cooke, then Dave Bullock!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Don C View Post
    Dick Tracy should get splashed with acid like Harvey Dent. Then he could be

You don't read Dick Tracy, do you?

It would be worth it just to see all the Bat-Rogues with all the Dick Tracy Ragues...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ABH-1979 View Post
    It would be worth it just to see all the Bat-Rogues with all the Dick Tracy Ragues...
    Whoever's left of them - many - Flattop, Shoulders, Itchy, Shakey, Breathless Mahoney, Brow, 88 Keys, ect - had met their violent and often ironically fitting ends within their first story, second tops, fourth or fifth Pruneface's case. We still have Mumbles and BB Eyes, I suppose, with newcomer Doubleup, and Mole and Littleface Finney are reformed.
    Last edited by ngroove; 06-18-2014 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    Whoever's left of them - many - Flattop, Shoulders, Itchy, Shakey, Breathless Mahoney, Brow, 88 Keys, ect - had met their violent and often ironically fitting ends within their first story, second tops, fourth or fifth Pruneface's case. We still have Mumbles and BB Eyes, I suppose, with newcomer Doubleup, and Mole and Littleface Finney are reformed.
    Well, I'm assuming if this Bat/Tracy team-up were to happen, it would be in it's own new continuity. Those characters died in the comics, but most of them were around for the Dick Tracy movie.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    You could do one of those things where they catch up during different eras, so deaths/redesigns/etc don't matter as much.

Who was the artist, after 9/11, when Tracy shot the false-faced fake terrorist in the head? That would look good with Batman in it.

Nightwing/Moon Maid! Woohoo!
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)