Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Now I see that sequence of panels from Have and To Hold and it looks to me like a giant Marvel-embossed hand coming to slap me in the face.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

All-New Member

So I looked at the EXIF meta data for the preview. It reads "Copyright Gino Santa Maria © 2008 All Rights Reserved". Who is Gino and is it okay for Marvel to be using their copyrighted material (assuming they're not with Marvel)? And 2008?

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I'm going with Ben Reilly, I mean DC just brought back John Paul Valley the former Batman pretender so why not bring back the former fake Spider-Man?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I could see it being the payoff to the subplot about dead characters returning. It might just be that storyline (and with solicits coming for the end of the Zodiac story, we'd see the solicits soon enough.)
    To be honest, this makes quite a bit of sense to me. I agree with your theory.
    “Marvel Fan Rave Podcast” on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and more.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    That's how MJ was being written just before OMD.

Seriously, I know the board has taken the "OMD was a necessary evil" stance but going revisionism on the actual marriage is a little too much.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Seriously, I know the board has taken the "OMD was a necessary evil" stance but going revisionism on the actual marriage is a little too much.
    Not with me it hasn't.

While I enjoy the stories post OMD I still believe some of them could have been done with the marriage intact.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Well it looks like I was wrong about Xavier I'll hold my hand up and say ''I was wrong!'' LOL

Anyhow, my new guess is Doc Ock.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I'm going with Ben Reilly, I mean DC just brought back John Paul Valley the former Batman pretender so why not bring back the former fake Spider-Man?
    Plus we could finally get the Spider-Clone meeting the All-New Wolverine.

Also, without the whole Spider baby thing in the mythos anymore, it doesn't make any sense for Ben Reilly to remain dead, right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Highland Chicken View Post
    So this just happened
    Attachment 31726
    Reilly?
    Kaine? (I know he's not dead)
    Ult Jess?
    I'd be really surprised if it was any of those, out of those three I'd say Kaine has the best chance though.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Ultimate Gwen would be interesting since she's very different from 616 Gwen and Spider Gwen, she and Peter had an almost big bro little sis style relationship in Spider-Men. Scarlet Spider would be nice if there was some logical reason for doing it, same with Uncle Ben or 616 Gwen, but I can't see one. Ock still seems most likely, I just hope he doesn't turn into a straight villain again.
    As far as your bolded part is concerned I don't think Slott will have him as an out-and-out bad guy, bitter and jealous towards Peter probably but not necessarily as an out and out ''evil'' guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    This gives me hope that we will see Gwen Stacy, Cassandra Web, and/or Mattie Franklin back! Please to god don't be Doc Ock. The world has had enough of him since Superior.
    While I agree that I wouldn't want him back as ''Superior Spider-Man'' I wouldn't mind him coming back as himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    gwen wouldn't have a big impact because of spider gwen and gwen is everywhere on MU.

uncle ben will continue dead. ben reailly is my bet
    Just out of curiosity. And this goes to all the others who're guessing that it's Ben Reilly, do you honestly think he WILL come back or is it just hope because you like the character? Just curious as I say.

Fantastic Member

It's obviously Gwen Stacey since she will probably show up in the MCU at some point (if not right away). Marvel has always been about Movie-Comic synergy.

^^Wait and see I guess Wally, I've already made my new guess that it's Doc Ock (I originally thought the teaser might've been hinting at Xavier's return OOPS! LOL) but as I say we'll just have to wait and see, wouldn't be the first time I guessed wrongly LOL

All-New Member

Peter isn't the only Spider-Man at the moment...could be Miles Morales' uncle the Ultimate Universe Prowler. I mean they already gave him back his mom at the end of Ultimate End it's definitely a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by davewire View Post
    What about Madame Webb? Or Maddy Franklin?
    The thing that bugged me about Maddie's demise(apart from the unnecessariness of it) was the manner in which she was dismissed afterwards. She was Jonah's daughter and we never saw his reaction to her death. Or anything. She was literally dead and forgotten after the story was finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Vernedi View Post
    I'm hoping to see Peter's sister, Teresa, soon. I've been wanting to see more of her after Spider-Man: Family Business.
    Haha! Holy crap, I forgot she existed. I never read the OGN, but I remember them pitching it as part of continuity and her being an impactful character in the regular series going forward. Hmmm...not so much then.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Just out of curiosity. And this goes to all the others who're guessing that it's Ben Reilly, do you honestly think he WILL come back or is it just hope because you like the character? Just curious as I say.
    For me it's not about liking or disliking, it's about whether that character has any narrative juice left in them. I think Reilly does. And I think Slott is the guy to come up with a clever yet emotionally resonant reason to do that. Not just for shock value. But I also think Slott has an impish streak in him, and would bring him back just to wreak havoc on message boards, which I find hilarious. I've been reading comics since the early 80s so I've seen lots of stories told and retold and been there for the fan reactions for much of it.
    Do I think Ben Reilly is the first choice for whatever this event is? No. But would I be surprised if he IS the resurrected character? Nope.
    "You can talk your way out of almost anything." - Fortune Cookie Proverb

T. Foolery's unwieldy, yet not entirely unimpressive, collection of funny books.

iMan 42s

I want Kaine or Ben Reilly. Either would make me happy and its certainly not like Marvel has any problem with multiple spider-men at the moment.

Kaine has a bit of a history coming back from the dead so it would make a lot of sense for him, though he is alive post-spiderverse so being back from the dead would be weird since he isn't exactly dead. Only Peter thinks he is and the Web warriors somehow missed the man sized hole in the Other. He will also be appearing on Ultimate Spider-man soon enough and Marvel isn't ashamed of Scarlet Spider as well as it would be easy enough to market being a new title and a variation on spider-man which is an easy sell.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Foolery View Post
    The thing that bugged me about Maddie's demise(apart from the unnecessariness of it) was the manner in which she was dismissed afterwards. She was Jonah's daughter and we never saw his reaction to her death. Or anything. She was literally dead and forgotten after the story was finished.

For me it's not about liking or disliking, it's about whether that character has any narrative juice left in them. I think Reilly does. And I think Slott is the guy to come up with a clever yet emotionally resonant reason to do that. Not just for shock value. But I also think Slott has an impish streak in him, and would bring him back just to wreak havoc on message boards, which I find hilarious. I've been reading comics since the early 80s so I've seen lots of stories told and retold and been there for the fan reactions for much of it.
    Do I think Ben Reilly is the first choice for whatever this event is? No. But would I be surprised if he IS the resurrected character? Nope.
    1. While I didn't really have a problem with the way she got killed off I do agree about the aftermath, as you say she was Jonah's daughter yet we never saw his reaction to his death, I could be wrong but I don't think we've even had a scene were he sadly remembers her or anything. So I agree with you about the aftermath.

2. Thank you for the response to my question. I was wondering whether all the fans who were ''voting'' that it'll be Ben Reilly were just saying it because they're fans or not so thanks again for your answer