Default Kylo Ren vs the USS Enterprise

Kylo Ren appears on the Nu Enterprise and has to clear it out. He starts hidden

Round 2: he gets Darth Vader and Jango Fett as back up they all start hidden
    Last edited by Stigmazilla; 01-26-2016 at 05:20 PM.

Mighty Member

They beam him into space. He dies. In round 2, the same thing happens to the other two.

Amazing Member

Round 1 Enterprise wins easily.
    Round 2, I'm not sure.
    Vader can survive for a time in the vacuum of space with his suit. He might be able to get back, but then beamed back out and zapped, in which case Enterprise wins.
    Alternatively, using Force pre-cog they might work out what is being done and be able to stop being beamed out. It's not easy to beam a moving target but possible in new Trek.
    Anakin is very good with tech, maybe a low level technopath, so maybe Vader can stop the beaming. Override, damage, Force weirdness, even using his knowledge to enable Kylo to do something via raw Force power somehow if he can't do it by himself.
    If the Enterprise cannot beam them out then the Enterprise probably loses.

BANNED

Considerin that he or they start out hidden, can't they simply take out the transporters first?

I think part of the lowballing is to do with people not wanting to like Kylo, which is understandable one supposes.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Considerin that he or they start out hidden, can't they simply take out the transporters first?
    I'm really not sure how you can get to the transporters without someone seeing you, in a ship that you don't know the layout of.

Not to mention that the Nu Starfleet can target ships/plannets at interstellar distances, so they could theoretically just ask Starfleet HQ to beam Kylo Ren somewhere unpleasant if their own transporters were busted.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 01-26-2016 at 11:06 PM.

BANNED

Depends on which Enterprise, and which crew.

Mighty Member

I don't think they were hidden when I made my reply. Starting out hidden, Kylo Ren should be able to make it to the bridge without anyone reporting him, and once there he can TK anyone that tries to access the transport controls. That leaves a guy that can block or even stop blaster bolts in mid air fighting against people who have no weapons that can easily penetrate his defenses. He can also just ragdoll anyone that tries to attack him. Starting from stealth swings this to Kylo Ren (IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    I don't think they were hidden when I made my reply. Starting out hidden, Kylo Ren should be able to make it to the bridge without anyone reporting him, and once there he can TK anyone that tries to access the transport controls. That leaves a guy that can block or even stop blaster bolts in mid air fighting against people who have no weapons that can easily penetrate his defenses. He can also just ragdoll anyone that tries to attack him. Starting from stealth swings this to Kylo Ren (IMO).
    I'm pretty sure that they don't have the transporter controls on the bridge. They usually either vocally order the computer to transport someone, or call down to the transporter room to arrange it.

Yeah, I originally forgot to add the fact that they were hidden, you were probably right in your initial assumption, which is part of the reason I changed it

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Spock Hulks out on Kylo and beats him to a bloody pulp.

Kirk uses Kirk-Fu to on Boba and Sulu challenges Vader to a fencing duel.

Haha

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I'm pretty sure that they don't have the transporter controls on the bridge. They usually either vocally order the computer to transport someone, or call down to the transporter room to arrange it.
    You're right. I remembered Chekov running to the console and pushing the operator out of the way, but forgot that he ran from the bridge to the transporter room. Regardless, the same strategy applies, just replace bridge with transporter room.

You're right. I remembered Chekov running to the console and pushing the operator out of the way, but forgot that he ran from the bridge to the transporter room. Regardless, the same strategy applies, just replace bridge with transporter room.
    That would require him to get to the transporter room without anyone being able to see/sense him, in a fairly large ship that he doesn't know the layout for, before someone can sound the alarms. I'm a pretty big defender of Kylo Ren's performance in TFA, but I don't think I'd really peg him as a stealth expert, or even a guy who has a passing acquaintance with subtlety.

Though how does the "starts hidden" thing work? Is he invisible to the sensors altogether, or is the computer able to detect him but registers him as being authorized to be wherever he is until a crew member actually sounds an alert on him? Because if even one person can point out that he isn't supposed to be there, then the bridge crew can authorize him to be transported into holding, and then into space if he can use the Force to break out of his cell (possibly by breaking the force field emitters or something).

To be fair he can pretty much grab any random crew member and rip the relevant data out of their mind as well as grab their ID stuff. Might make it difficult for whoever's working the transporter to target the odd man out as it were.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    To be fair he can pretty much grab any random crew member and rip the relevant data out of their mind as well as grab their ID stuff. Might make it difficult for whoever's working the transporter to target the odd man out as it were.
    And then follow that up by a "You didn't see me, nothing happened, you can go about your business" Jedi mind trick.

Star Wars Force users can be quite stealthy if they want to be.

Though how does the "starts hidden" thing work? Is he invisible to the sensors altogether, or is the computer able to detect him but registers him as being authorized to be wherever he is until a crew member actually sounds an alert on him?
    I'm sure Star Trek ships have had some stowaways in over 60 years of continuity without the computer immediately and automatically discovering them.
    Last edited by Carabas; 01-28-2016 at 02:09 AM.