View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black Magick #4

2 5.71%
  • Chew #54

1 2.86%
  • Cry Havoc #1

7 20.00%
  • Deadly Class #18

1 2.86%
  • East of West #24

2 5.71%
  • Island Magazine #6

0 0%
  • Jupiter's Circle Volume 2 #3

2 5.71%
  • Monstress #3

3 8.57%
  • Outcast #15

1 2.86%
  • Prophet: Earth War #1 (of 6)

8 22.86%
  • Revival #36

0 0%
  • Savage Dragon #211

0 0%
  • Saga #33

1 2.86%
  • Southern Bastards #13

7 20.00%
  • Other - The Beauty #6, The Fuse #17, ODY-C #9, Ringside #3

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    "Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Interesting week looking at the polls. Saga came out and yet it is getting steamrolled by the competition. Don't see that often.

Oh! Here's my review for Southern Bastards #13, which was my pick of the week (still the overall winner goes to Old Man Logan).
    Last edited by InformationGeek; 01-30-2016 at 06:40 AM.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Hi,
    A lot of talk about Prophet this time out. Somehow it didn't appeal to me at the outset & I've seen it. Will see if I can pick up the new first issue to try out; meanwhile, any Prophet followers want to sell me on another Image comic?
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

No current Image book deserves a deluxe hardcover more than Prophet.

I voted for Deadly Class but now I wish I had voted for Cry Havoc just so a Brandon Graham book didn't win the poll outright.

I went with Southern Bastards. It's just so consistently good and Jason Latour is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by sven View Post
    I voted for Deadly Class but now I wish I had voted for Cry Havoc just so a Brandon Graham book didn't win the poll outright.
    Blasphemy!
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

Southern Bastards barely beat out Deadly Class for me this week. I pretty much loved both equally but the vote goes to the Jasons.

Huge week this week....

Black Magick #4, Chew #54, Cry Havoc #1, Deadly Class #18, East of West #24, Island Magazine #6, Jupiter's Circle Volume 2 #3, Saga #33, Southern Bastards #13, The Beauty #6, ODY-C #9 & Ringside #3.

Worst book of the week was Island, when I saw the furry Onta artwork on the cover I was hoping it wouldn't take up too many pages & sod's law it dominated the issue.

Pretty much everything else I read this week was decent but the best book this week by the smallest of margins was Southern Bastards.

All-New Member

Big week for me as well, and East of West got my vote. Thought the opening to this issue was great as it really set the tone for the rest of the issue. I didn't see anything wrong with the violence as earlier posts suggested, I mean did we expect the message to be delivered by a singing telegram service? Anyway, this series is firing on all cylinders.

Also read Saga and it was probably my least favorite issue don't really care for these reporters and hopefully they're killed off soon. This series is at its best when the story focuses around Marko, Alana, Prince Robot IV and The Will.

Deadly Class was also great and I hope Saya makes it out of this story arc alive.

Beauty ended its first story arc but I'm not sure where they can go from here will wait for a deluxe hardcover from this point.

Cry Havoc was a difficult read for me and I'll probably read it two more times to understand what I just read. I don't feel it transitions very well when it jumps into past, present, and future. I also read Monstross which continues to be great.

Holy crap, a 3 way tie between Prophet, Cry Havoc, and Southern Bastards.
    We're in overtime now. Go Southern Bastards, get that last point and win the big game!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheveyo View Post

Deadly Class was also great and I hope Saya makes it out of this story arc alive..
    Oh man me too, she's probably my favorite character.

Haven't read Southern Bastards, but I'm surprised by Havoc being up there. I felt like it didn't live up to the hype at all and colouring wasn't as distinct (particularly in "now" and "future" pages) as it should/could have been.

I read Black Magick, Outcast, Southern Bastards and Cry Havoc.
    Out if these my vote goes to Black Magick - really love this series but Cry Havoc was also off to a good start.

Someone needs to break this tie!

Someone did. Prophet creeps ahead of the competition.

Interesting week. Cry Havoc got a lot of votes for a book I didn't really hear much at all, let alone much positive about.
    I still didn't think Prophet was as good as everyone else did, but it wasn't bad at all, either.
    Saga with, probably the lowest votes it's ever received...