Super Moderator

Default "Agent Carter" Recap: The Plot Quickens

The speedy storytelling of Marvel's strong network drama not only delivers some sci-fi twists but also nails down the major theme Peggy will fight for this season.

Full article here.

It was a good episode, Peggy and Jarvis chemistry was onpoint as usual. Howard was great, to bad he can't be in the show more often. I'm also excited to see Whitney frost slowly getting used to her new condition, hope she creates her mask end of next episode.

I am disapointed in myself for not catching the Jarvis and Thor easter eggs though

This show also needs a 3rd season with 1950's Cap as a prime antagonist.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Zolalnadia View Post
    This show also needs a 3rd season with 1950's Cap as a prime antagonist.
    That would be awesome! I don't think the show will be back though. Is the series ever re-run? I'm having bad luck recording the show over the air.

what was the Thor easter egg?

too bad that Howard Stark won't be a regular character.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I think a third season is highly unlikely. If this season is the end, I hope they either tack the Agent Carter short on to the end of the last episode, or at least get Bradley Whitford to do a walk-on at the end of the last ep as the new SSR director, so it connects right up with the birth of SHIELD.

I also demand to know what happened to Angie.

Spectacular Member

It's a shame that Agent Carter's greatest adversary is proving to be ratings. If anything this season is even more fun than last season.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I think a third season is highly unlikely. If this season is the end, I hope they either tack the Agent Carter short on to the end of the last episode, or at least get Bradley Whitford to do a walk-on at the end of the last ep as the new SSR director, so it connects right up with the birth of SHIELD.

I also demand to know what happened to Angie.
    I doubt we'll see a third season either, but 50's Cap should be the villain if there is a third season.

I think Angie is supposed to come back for an episode near the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    what was the Thor easter egg?
    The file Sousa was looking at when Jack asked him out for a drink mention someones birthplace of Broxton Oklahoma. Asgard was parked there for a while.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Zolalnadia View Post
    I think Angie is supposed to come back for an episode near the end of the season.
    In a dream sequence. I *hope* it will give us some idea of what she's doing now, though.

It seemed like it would be an easy decision to have her go with Peggy to California to pursue her acting career, but now we know the move to LA is only supposed to be a temporary assignment, so that scenario makes less sense now. I assume we would have seen more of Angie in season 3, but that's not happening now.

I don't think it was ever intended that Agent Carter be an ongoing, year-after-year series. They probably only did a season 2 because there's a Cap movie to promote this year. I certainly wouldn't call the show a failure, especially if we get a more substantial SHIELD origin story at the end.