Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I'm really curious who the other mutants are siding with Sunfire.
    So far just random background sight gag mutants.
    Quote Originally Posted by SchismOfMadroces View Post
    Basically my point above. I loved the Outback era, too, and it's good to see Storm making harsh calls again, but it would actually be nice to see her wrestling with (or at least acknowledging) the moral inconsistency of how she was portrayed prior to EXM.
    Precisely.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

What exactly is Sunfire's status these days? Last I saw him was in Uncanny Avengers when he died and came back as a being of pure energy...or something...

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    What exactly is Sunfire's status these days? Last I saw him was in Uncanny Avengers when he died and came back as a being of pure energy...or something...
    Looks like he's back to flesh and blood with the classic koi-fish look.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    So far just random background sight gag mutants.
    Precisely.
    Sigh... why does that not surprise me?

Well, they did have the 16 month gap so they can lazily handwave stuff like this by just saying "shit happened". Which probably is the whole point of this gap.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
    Well, they did have the 16 month gap so they can lazily handwave stuff like this by just saying "shit happened". Which probably is the whole point of this gap.
    Not to mention the universe just got rebuilt.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Best issue of the series so far with a dramatic increase both in terms of writing and art quality.
    >Sapna and Magik were the highlight. Illyana needs a good enemy; make the little girl go bad.
    >The New X-Kids don't need any more training. Geez.
    >SUNFIRE! It makes perfect sense to have one of the more militant good guys stand by Cyclops in defense of mutants. Is Sunfire sick from the Mists and not in control of his powers?
    >Ah, Storm. Now she's sanctioning her own hairy murder squad of one against a guy who's fought by her side since the beginning of the first ANAD X-Men. Good to see her getting back to her best days aka her Outback time. She's starting to look more and more hypocritical, though. Welcome to making tough choices and saving the mutant race, Windrider. Hope your halo survives the experience.
    >It's taken SIXTEEN months for Adult Bobby to seek out some help with his queerness? *sigh*
    >Peter... Friends call friends by their real names in private, not their code names.

Actually looking forward to the next issue mostly because it won't be Ramos' art.
    Just wanted to say, that it doesn't always get easier just by coming out, sometimes it takes a while to fully accept these things and to be comfortable enough to seek guidance.

Oh, a set up for a Doc Strange guest appearance/cameo? How surprising! It's almost like he has a movie coming out or something, weird... I wonder when UXM and OML feature his guest appearances?

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Not to mention the universe just got rebuilt.
    Well, yeah, that too.

I don't recall, but did Storm condemn Cyclops when his Black Ops X-Force squad came to light? If so, this issue is not helping her whole "condemning Cyclops in one breath and copying wholecloth from his playbook in the next" style.
    Well, she hates what Cyclops has done since M-day, but now, she is also aware that if Cyclops had not done any of that, everyone would have died a long time ago.

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, she hates what Cyclops has done since M-day, but now, she is also aware that if Cyclops had not done any of that, everyone would have died a long time ago.
    Absolutely. Like I said to nx01a, it'd be nice to see her acknowledge this. "Heavy is the head that wears the crown" and all that. Right now, she's looking like she thinks these choices and stances are perfectly acceptable... except when Cyclops did them before her.

Absolutely. Like I said to nx01a, it'd be nice to see her acknowledge this. "Heavy is the head that wears the crown" and all that. Right now, she's looking like she thinks these choices and stances are perfectly acceptable... except when Cyclops did them before her.
    You know, admitting that would propel her LEEEEAGUES in terms of endearing her to the readership. Nobody likes a hypocrite.
    Heavy is the head that wears the crown INDEED.

Professor Colossus will bang his students. Storm's mistakes grow by the issue.

Sunfire's gone from Uncanny Avenger- to what exactly? Sure wish he'd take colossus' spot on the team, though.

And it's not the first time, either.

I was unsatisfied with the first arc so I almost didn't read this issue. I found the art to be a lot easier on the eyes. Story set up isn't too bad for this second arc. Already feels like there's more momentum. My interest is piqued enough to continue reading.

But wow, I am floored by Storm's hypocrisy.

This issue was better than the previous 5. Probably had something to do with the good art that is sadly taken away again after the next issue. *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Although Sapna seems to be edging awful dangerously close to Mary Sue territory, seeing and understanding things about Limbo that even Yana doesn't.
    I wouldn't go that far. Sapna is for all we know a pure mutant and nothing else. Magik on the other hand has her mutant abilities and well magic. It's has actually been a consistent trend with ANAD that something is not right with magic currently. Scarlet Witch is investigating witchcraft being broken and Doctor Strange is investigating the murder of Sorcerer Supremes and the vanishing of entire fields of magic. Heck all three are part of the same group of mages.
    Wouldn't surprise me if that anomaly that they saw in Limbo has something to with the overarching plot that seems to effect all magic users in the MU.
    "This is me being reasonable"