Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Fantastic Member TheForbiddenOne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think the art is a lot better than Ramos, his Storm particularly looks great, and Anole not looking like a kid is already better.
    About the coloring, there was some inconsistency on Jean's hair. In some panels it's red, on others orange and in others kinda brown...
    Oh i forgot to mention that. This art blows our Ramos by a mile. I might skip the Apocalypse arc because of Ramos.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I think that bit with OML and Glob was just for laughs. Remember, Glob Herman was one of the misfits who caused the "Riot at Xavier's" during Morrison's run which ended up getting one of the Cuckoos killed. So he's kind of a screw up, but now turned more lovable screw up. So in a fatherly capacity I don't think he'd want her dating him for that reason.

Plus he's a big glob of goo. Who wants someone they care about dating that?
    I hope not. Thats character beat has been done to death. I'm hoping for something more original.

Well I'm just pointing out that it's probably not because OML wants to bed her per se, rather he could still not like her dating Glob for other reasons and be trying to warn him off for non-creepy reasons.

Just saying...

EDIT---Oh, wait. I misread your initial post. Sorry. So you actually want OML to be running him off because he wants to bang Teen Jean!? That is definitely a different position than I've seen most people taking, for sure.

So you actually want OML to be running him off because he wants to bang Teen Jean!? That is definitely a different position than I've seen most people taking, for sure.
    I think that is what is happening too, but doubt they will ever straight up say it, just constantly tease it to drive the shippers crazy. I'm still convinced that when they held hands at the end of issue 5, Lemire was imagining that they had psychic sex, and literally nothing can convince me otherwise. Not even Lemire's word, because he tries to keep his pervy side on the DL.

Glob is that character that now has been used enough that I should know more about him but I know nothing. I wonder why these writers use him without developing him.

Glad that Anole will be a regular in the book.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    I think that is what is happening too, but doubt they will ever straight up say it, just constantly tease it to drive the shippers crazy. I'm still convinced that when they held hands at the end of issue 5, Lemire was imagining that they had psychic sex, and literally nothing can convince me otherwise. Not even Lemire's word, because he tries to keep his pervy side on the DL.
    I think there is hope. In the prevous UXM Jean came on to adult Cyclops and he rejected her, if they can do that then I don't see why not the other way around and have her reject him!

Well I'm just pointing out that it's probably not because OML wants to bed her per se, rather he could still not like her dating Glob for other reasons and be trying to warn him off for non-creepy reasons.

Just saying...

EDIT---Oh, wait. I misread your initial post. Sorry. So you actually want OML to be running him off because he wants to bang Teen Jean!? That is definitely a different position than I've seen most people taking, for sure.
    Well it doesn't all have to be about sex. He could have genuine feelings for her but this fatherly daughter thing is just not gonna do it for me.

Finally it seems we will have some answers about Cyclops and those who sided with him against the Inhumans.

Sunfire was not expecting this considering he was part of the Uncanny Avengers team never expect him to help Cyclops attack the Inhumans.

Liked the conversation between Anole and Bobby nothing too forced seemed simple and casual as it should be.

I liked Storm on this book firm, confident, delegating tasks, calming his friends and most importantly showing his darker side asking someone else to do the dirty job as a leader should do.

Good summary of EXM #6. I enjoyed this issue.

The Ibanez art is great and we got a good balance of action, pacing, and progression of the story. I loved Sapna's interaction with Magik and seeing Anole, Glob, Ernst, and Martha getting more training as fledgling X-Men (experienced and capable to a degree but I wouldn't say they are ready to be true X-Men). Good convo between Bobby and Victor. I hope we continue to see more of that from them as the book progresses forward. Very curious to find out what has happened to Kurt and how Jean and Storm will (hopefully) succeed in reaching and helping him with whatever is effecting him. Liking the direction Lemire is taking with Storm as a leader. Determined, more confident, committed, and hopeful but cautious and will do what she thinks is necessary. Reminds me of her growth under Claremont in the 80's where Storm embraced her more darker and edgier side, and that Lobdell, Wood, Wilson, and Kim were able to capture to varying degrees over the years. Something I would see her, if not doing it herself, trusting only Logan to do. I'm curious how OML will react.

I give this issue a solid 8-8.5/10.
    Last edited by Wind Rider; 01-27-2016 at 06:39 PM.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Although this book isn't where I want it to be, it was still an enjoyable issue. I loved the art. It seems that Storm as 0 romantic interest in Forge by the way she dismissed him when she wanted to speak privately with OML. I liked how Storm gave advice to Colossus about him mentoring some younger kids. LOVED adult Iceman and Anole having a heart to heart about his sexuality. I love how Storm treats young adult Jean as a team mate as opposed to another X kid, although I don't like the way Jean was drawn tbh. I too am interested in more about what Glob can do other than be see though.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    I too am interested in more about what Glob can do other than be see though.
    He's flammable and willing to turn on his friends at the drop of a hat.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by TheForbiddenOne View Post
    Really now this issue was surprisingly good.

After that lackluster first arc, and the stupidity of weirdworld I was expecting this to be the last issue I picked up but I liked it a lot. Sanpa is great. As much crap as people give Bendis' arc he did create some mutants with some real potential and I'm happy to see the following writers not completely ignoring them. I like seeing Magik form new bonds with mutants and Pitor accepting he should no longer be over bearing with her. Its growth in a natural real way we don't see enough in comics. Even Ice Man coming out as fully gay is believable the way it is explained in this issue. Cyclops having mutants side with him is great, it gives validity to my theory he is going to appear later on as a major antagonists with former X-men on his side.

That being said while this issue shows a lot of promise everything could easily fall flat is Lemire writes this like he did the first arc. The para limbo realms could be a real bad story beat just like that Illyana arc near the beginning of UXM VOL 3. I hope he'll write Sunfire well and not do something generic like him apologizing and asking for forgiveness. We'll see. But this is a huge step in the right direction much like a flagship book should be!

The low point of this issue was Old Man Logan being over protective of Jean when Glob attempted to come on to her, if he is going to try and be like a father figure for her then it makes him just the same as the prevous Logan and that's just lame. If its out jealousy then that's great as a really want Lemire to explore that route. Again we'll see.
    Bendis didn't create Sapna. She is a Lemire/Ramos creation debuting in EXM #1.

BANNED

I really love the art. The color used not much but Ibanez really draws with his heart. Very detailed.

And Storm's hair looks very detailed and gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Bendis didn't create Sapna. She is a Lemire/Ramos creation debuting in EXM #1.
    TheForbiddenOne may be mixing up monster-controlling Sapna with the young female mutant Bendis had Illyana rescue that had monster connections: Bo.
    Last edited by nx01a; 01-27-2016 at 07:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    He's flammable and willing to turn on his friends at the drop of a hat.
    perhaps shiro will do us all a favor and light him on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Glob is that character that now has been used enough that I should know more about him but I know nothing. I wonder why these writers use him without developing him.

Glad that Anole will be a regular in the book.
    Same reason why they love to use any of the other disfigured/weird looking students like Anole, Ernst, Martha, Rockslide and the Aaron kids. They make for more interesting visuals and funny sight gags. They might be shitty characters (exceptions being Rockslide, Anole and maybe Martha) but they make for cool visuals. It's pretty clear that few writers actually choose them because they see any real character value in them. If they did then these characters would be more rounded and better developed than they are.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    perhaps shiro will do us all a favor and light him on fire.
    Yes! Burn! Burn! Burn! Burn!

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    TheForbiddenOne may be mixing up monster-controlling Sapna with the young female mutant Bendis had Illyana rescue that had monster connections: Bo.
    Yah, are those two really not the same person?