Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

LOVED everything about this issue. Wasn't a big fan of Ibanez's art in Storm's solo but it blew me away today.

The interaction between Bobby and Anole was wonderful, such a natural growth for both characters. I remember being really uncomfortable with my own sexuality after I came out and it's nice that Lemire is writing a nuanced Bobby whose taking time to discover himself.

The interaction between Magik and Sapna was also amazing for similar reasons, Sapna really compliments Illyana and I can't think of a better character for the Queen of Limbo to bond with.

This was a great issue, almost every character had a moment, Lemire is doing a good job balancing the cast and making them sound the way they should.
    Last edited by Wiccan615; 01-27-2016 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
    Yes! Burn! Burn! Burn! Burn!

Let's go one step further and detonate him this time, yeah?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheForbiddenOne View Post
    Yah, are those two really not the same person?
    They're two different characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post

Let's go one step further and detonate him this time, yeah?.
    I have absolutely no problems with that! Let's do it!

The artwork and story seems to be on another level compared to the last couple of issues. I really liked this book this month. Nice little character highlights all over the place.

The stuff with Storm was interesting...somewhat of a throwback to the old days when Storm had Wolverine handle her lite work. Given that mutants are on extinction train again I'm hoping Storm is sending Wolverine to capture Sunfire (if need be) and not kill him.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Good summary of EXM #6. I enjoyed this issue.

The Ibanez art is great and we got a good balance of action, pacing, and progression of the story. I loved Sapna's interaction with Magik and seeing Anole, Glob, Ernst, and Martha getting more training as fledgling X-Men (experienced and capable to a degree but I wouldn't say they are ready to be true X-Men). Good convo between Bobby and Victor. I hope we continue to see more of that from them as the book progresses forward. Very curious to find out what has happened to Kurt and how Jean and Storm will (hopefully) succeed in reaching and helping him with whatever is effecting him. Liking the direction Lemire is taking with Storm as a leader. Determined, more confident, committed, and hopeful but cautious and will do what she thinks is necessary. Reminds me of her growth under Claremont in the 80's where Storm embraced her more darker and edgier side, and that Lobdell, Wood, Wilson, and Kim were able to capture to varying degrees over the years. Something I would see her, if not doing it herself, trusting only Logan to do. I'm curious how OML will react.

I give this issue a solid 8-8.5/10.

Agreed. I am actually glad we are getting to see Storm's edgier side. People tend to want to make her a one dimensional character. I would like to see though where the shift began and why she is willing to take such extremes now (as opposed to her attitude in her solo).

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    Although this book isn't where I want it to be, it was still an enjoyable issue. I loved the art. It seems that Storm as 0 romantic interest in Forge by the way she dismissed him when she wanted to speak privately with OML. I liked how Storm gave advice to Colossus about him mentoring some younger kids. LOVED adult Iceman and Anole having a heart to heart about his sexuality. I love how Storm treats young adult Jean as a team mate as opposed to another X kid, although I don't like the way Jean was drawn tbh. I too am interested in more about what Glob can do other than be see though.
    I love the fact that she dismissed Forge. He treated her like sh*t years ago and she shouldn't give him the time of day. Good riddance! I also liked how Storm setup Colossus with the kids, and this explains how he and the team will be on this quest during the Apocalypse event.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    The artwork and story seems to be on another level compared to the last couple of issues. I really liked this book this month. Nice little character highlights all over the place.

The stuff with Storm was interesting...somewhat of a throwback to the old days when Storm had Wolverine handle her lite work. Given that mutants are on extinction train again I'm hoping Storm is sending Wolverine to capture Sunfire (if need be) and not kill him.
    I would hate to see Storm having him kill Sunfire as well (unless there is some dire need for it). Storm hasn't been opposed to killing for a long time now; she would do it if the stakes were high.

BANNED

Why would Logan have to deal with Sunfire in case he gets out of hand? I'm confused. What did he do that was so wrong? Lemire's X-Men has been a blast for me so far, it feels like I'm reading the classic Claremont stuff.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    What did he do that was so wrong?
    He sided with Cyclops in the whatever it is he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    Why would Logan have to deal with Sunfire in case he gets out of hand? I'm confused. What did he do that was so wrong? Lemire's X-Men has been a blast for me so far, it feels like I'm reading the classic Claremont stuff.
    I agree that it feels like it is modeled after the classic Claremont/Byrne run at this point. Seems very clear to me that that's who Lemire is trying to model his run after.

Like I said, the first arc underwhelmed me, but it was just the intro/setup arc. Now I'm hoping that this series takes off. This issue was a step in the right direction IMO.

aside from forge and the young kids, i do think it's interesting that the only mutants lemire is focusing on are ones from giant-sized x-men #1.

storm, jean, old logan, colossus, nightcrawler, iceman, and even illyana were all present in that momentous issue. and now we have sunfire in the midst, who was also present that day.

makes me wonder if we will see banshee and/or warpath next.

Didn't think about that, but you're right. Might be kind of cool if he brought in Siryn and Warpath as Banshee and Thunderbird stand ins...though it would violate the unofficial "one readhead per team" and "one American Indian per team" rules.

Really nice character moments in this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    aside from forge and the young kids, i do think it's interesting that the only mutants lemire is focusing on are ones from giant-sized x-men #1.

storm, jean, old logan, colossus, nightcrawler, iceman, and even illyana were all present in that momentous issue. and now we have sunfire in the midst, who was also present that day.

makes me wonder if we will see banshee and/or warpath next.
    I would love Thunderbird to join again.

Extraordinary Member

This was easily the best issue so far. The 'downtime' issues have had a tendency to be the better ones in recent years.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    To be fair, there seems to be a general inconsistency on when code names are used.

And I agree, Magik was a lot of fun. I LOVED how she was geeking out about Weirdworld. Although Sapna seems to be edging awful dangerously close to Mary Sue territory, seeing and understanding things about Limbo that even Yana doesn't.
    That's not how the "Mary Sue" concept works. Not every skilled new character is a Mary Sue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I would love Thunderbird to join again.
    Which one?