Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Interesting fact: Sapna means 'dream' in Hindi.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Incredible Member

Storm is written really inept here. I mean, not only does she task an X-Men with killing another X-men or former X-Men, but she asks OML to do it. Yea, ask the guy who's whole identity at this point is being traumatized for killing all the X-Men. But then again, maybe it doesn't matter what his back story is, he's the go to killer when the going gets tough eh.
    Last edited by XchaiX; 01-29-2016 at 09:28 AM.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XchaiX View Post
    Storm is written really inept here. I mean, not only does she task an X-Men with killing another X-men or former X-Men, but she asks OML to do it. Yea, ask the guy who's whole identity at this point is being traumatized for killing all the X-Men. But then again, maybe it doesn't matter what his back story is, he's the go to killer when the going gets tough eh.
    For the sake of fairness, nobody particularly cared about Rachel being asked to perform hound duties during AvX. OML can take the emotional hit. Besides, it's too early for the team to fail at/being truly called out on anything. It's also too soon for a repeat of the CyClone "we can't reason with it, KILL IT!!!" whinefest. Sunfire will be fine.

Anyway. LMAO at the review pretty much begging folks to not drop the book.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    yes, that was rich.

I decided to drop this after the latest issue. Dialog is still stilted and unnatural, the story feels incredibly run of the mill X-stuff that could be fixed with fun characterization, but it ain't happening here. The scene between Iceman and Anole felt odd -- I'm assuming Lemire is straight because the conversation screamed "this is how gay people talk to one another, written by a straight person."

Quote Originally Posted by Akktim View Post
    I decided to drop this after the latest issue. Dialog is still stilted and unnatural, the story feels incredibly run of the mill X-stuff that could be fixed with fun characterization, but it ain't happening here. The scene between Iceman and Anole felt odd -- I'm assuming Lemire is straight because the conversation screamed "this is how gay people talk to one another, written by a straight person."
    I agree that the dialogue feels stilted and unnatural. I couldn't exactly place what bugged me about it, other than it didn't flow right.. but 'stilted' and 'unnatural' are perfect descriptors to it. I also agree that the story is very run of the mill. It's a mediocre book, that for now is providing me only the slightest hook to not blow it off completely yet.. but I definitely couldn't blame you or anybody else for dropping it.

Good to know that I'm not the only one who find that scene a little odd :/

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    For the sake of fairness, nobody particularly cared about Rachel being asked to perform hound duties during AvX. OML can take the emotional hit. Besides, it's too early for the team to fail at/being truly called out on anything. It's also too soon for a repeat of the CyClone "we can't reason with it, KILL IT!!!" whinefest. Sunfire will be fine.

Well, at least Rachel could troll the Avengers while at it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    Which one?
    The Thunderbird who first apppeared in Giant Sized X-men.

you know what...so far i've been pleasantly surprised with the X line coming out of Secret Wars. Uncanny X-men, Extraordinary X-men and All New All Different X-men have been really good. Now one thing about Extraordinary Im a little confused about is where did Cerebra come from? Wasn't Cerebra the name they gave Cerebro during Morrisons run? Can someone clear this up for me please?

Anyway, I'm really happy that Lemire has brought back the drama in the main X book. The soap opera aspect has been missing for a long time from the X line.