Default Justice League 3001 Discussion Thread #8

I've been loving this series ever since it started and I barely ever hear anything about this book. Everyone should be picking up and enjoying this book, but anyway on to the book. It's sad to see the team so thoroughly defeated at the start but I can't wait for what comes next. I'm really interested in what Styx is up to and how she plans on defeating the League.

I'm also surprised that I'm starting to like Tina, I thought when she first showed up that she would get really annoying really fast.

What happened to Lois?

Probably my favorite thing about this issue is that it gave us the best Robin costume in the New 52.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

All-New Member

I really like the direction this book is taking, but I've loved it since the beginning even with all the changes it's gone through. It's definitely more serious than JL3000 started out as, but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. Light-hearted humor and a fun cast can lead to caring more about the characters which makes it all that more painful when characters actually do experience hard times.

A few things have bugged me though. When JL3001 started, not everything was accounted for in the time gap. Barry was suddenly alive again with no explanation. The best I could determine is that the reader was supposed to assume Cadmus resurrected him once again. A few things with Beetle and Booster's situation were also left unexplained.

But I'm definitely still enjoying it and it continues to be my favorite book each month. I just hope they get back to the Lois storyline soon. As much as I love the series, it does wander a lot plotwise. Although her plan was to get back at Superman and since he's dead that may be a futile plot now. Unless Lady Styx turns out to be Lois in some form, which just seems unlikely.

BANNED

An all-female Justice League is something that should have been done years ago. I liked the issue, but I'm still not sold on Tina.

I love this series too. I found it a bit jarring with the time jump, but I assume that will be fleshed out as time goes on. Also cool to see that the Wonder Twins are the descendants of Will Magnus! So is Terry going to become Eclipso? Or was that the creep spying on the JL from the shadows? If not the latter, who are we thinking that was? I hope Booster and Blue are still about, since there's a lot of potential to be mined there. And I'm also really enjoying the arc Guy is going through - it's an ethical quandary for sure!

I stopped reading it last month.

Seeing as the new gods issue never happened I doubt you guys will ever get the injustice arc.
    Favorites: Batman, Superman, All-New Wolverine, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Doom Patrol

I'm missing Booster and Ted, but the ladies more than hold their own. Supergirl has been a good addition
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

Quote Originally Posted by Den View Post
    I'm missing Booster and Ted, but the ladies more than hold their own. Supergirl has been a good addition
    Yeah I miss them too, where did they go?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Always Rakzo

Loved this. The interaction between the team was really well done and considering that these characters barely interacted before, that's an accomplishment. Plus, is a full female team and we don't have enough of those.

Kolins' art was a bit rushed at times but it still did a decent job at depicting the world.

Current arc has been killing me and I'm on verge of dropping this title. I'm okay with time jumps, but I'm not okay with lots of set up being done on some specific plot point (like Injustice League), then it getting completely side lined with bland androids that came out of nowhere. Them killing bunch of characters was especially annoying.

At this point I think that once Kollins is moved from this title I'll move away as well.

Amazing Member

I'm enjoying the new team dynamic but I hope Booster and Beetle show up soon.

Anyone else notice the alternate version of Saturn Girl in this issue?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Current arc has been killing me and I'm on verge of dropping this title. I'm okay with time jumps, but I'm not okay with lots of set up being done on some specific plot point (like Injustice League), then it getting completely side lined with bland androids that came out of nowhere. Them killing bunch of characters was especially annoying.

At this point I think that once Kollins is moved from this title I'll move away as well.
    Yeah I have to say having these story arcs removed and sidelined completely has been a tad distasteful.