Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    DC silver age had mostly heroes with no characterization and dc has been trying to catch up with Marvel in characterization since the bronze age. One purpose of the New 52 reboot was supposed to give better characterization for each hero and each villain. During the bronze age, my impression is that Julius was no Stan Lee and Marv was no Chris Claremont. In more recent times, DC has also been left behind by the Guardians of the Galaxy. Marvel is already busy working on the Inhumans franchise.
    Lol. Did you even READ DC comics before 2011?? Uh, they really suffer from "lack of character." It was mostly lack of good stories because of the current bumbling editorial regime and Dan Didio.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Lol. Did you even READ DC comics before 2011?? Uh, they really suffer from "lack of character." It was mostly lack of good stories because of the current bumbling editorial regime and Dan Didio.
    And the success of Justice League International, which reached its height of popularity around 1989, also inspired Marvel's Excalibur and the Peter David X-Factor.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Radix View Post
    Someone who claims credit for creating everything, even though it was a collaberative effort? No DC doesn't have anyone like that.
    I can't tell if this is sarcasm.

BANNED

Depends on what one means with that.

But over all I could nominate the following as Stan Lee-ish in terms of what they've contributed to the DCU and the industry as a whole:
    -Marv Wolfman, large number of characters thats still seeing use, reason writers actually get credits on the cover of books (after the comic code people demanded his picture inserted so people didnt think and actual Wolf-man was involved... it was in that time when things like werewolves and vampires were verboten)
    -Grant Morrison, where Grant goes other writers follow, and stumble generally
    -Frank Miller, because of one book he made, he changed the whole industry... for better or worse
    -Grant Moore... because he's Grant Moore... and perhaps because he best embodies DC as a whole, bit of a douche, doesn't quite connect with the audience

Note I am picking these not because they are exclusive to DC, most of them have worked for Marvel at one point or another, but the general perception of them is they are DC more than Marvel. Also I am kinda ignoring deceased writers for this because one of the major things Lee has going for him over DC's grand old men, is the fact that he's still alive.
    But is has to be said it's difficult to really say anyone is like Stan Lee in DC since Marvel is a single company that Lee more or less created and now embodies, while DC is a tapestry of different companies and is nearly twice as old... meaning Lee has the advantage of actually living into our celebrity obsessed social media times... which Lee seems very eager to be part of.

Bob Kane or Kirby
    The J-man

BANNED

After Rebirth...

Geoff Johns

Gardner Fox is the only person that I can think of.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanBeyond28 View Post
    After Rebirth...

Geoff Johns
    Think most people would agree that Johns is DC's Bendis.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    DC never really had a central figure like Stan Lee, but if I had to pick somebody, it'd be Julius Schwartz.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    That's the first name that came to mind, but I have to say Gardner Fox also deserves a mention.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post

As i said in post 25, this is what I heard (except I heard his name was going to be Birdman). Thanks for the illustration. It's a riot.

Check this out: http://www.dialbforblog.com/archives/389/

Sandy Hausler

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Someone who claims credit for creating everything, even though it was a collaberative effort? No DC doesn't have anyone like that.
    Somewhere Bob Kane disagrees

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Except Bendis is actually 10 times worse than Johns on Johns's worst day.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Geoff Johns is the bedrock of the modern DC universe in a way Bendis could only dream of.

Infinite Crisis
    Flashpoint
    Green Lantern: Rebirth
    Sinestro Corps War
    Blackest Night
    Flash: Rebirth
    Justice League
    Aquaman
    Super-man and the Legion of Super-Heroes
    Brainiac
    Teen Titans
    Booster Gold

It's really remarkable the way he's put new life into characters that were sorta wandering in the desert before him.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post

you totally beat me to it.

someone who is bombastic and who takes credit for collaborative efforts?

plus, Bob and Stan were actually good friends. Stan Lee accompanied Bob and his wife to the premiere of the 1989 Batman movie.

Heh, pretty much what I thought when I saw the title but if you mean someone that responsible for a lot of popular characters Gerry Conway and Schwartz fit the bill
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52