All-New Member

Default Comics knowledge needed

I'm a big fan of all things Marvel, I just lack the money or time to buy/read all the comics. I'm just curious about "best of moments" of certain heros. My favorites are The Hulk and Nightstalker (that is the Xmen that can teleport, right?). But I like a lot of them. Iron Man, Captain America, Hawkeye, all of em. So any of their most amazing moments (that aren't in the movies) are what I'm interested to know about.

For Iron Man some classic stories are Extremis(a 6 issue story written by Warren Ellis about 10 years ago, the third Iron Man movie was partially based off this one), Demon in a Bottle(issues #120-#128 of the original run, dealing with Tony Stark's realization that he's an alcoholic), Armor Wars(#225-#231 of the original run, dealing with Tony trying to take out everyone that has possibly used his designs in their armor). Though definitely on the more expensive side, I'd really recommend the Kurt Busiesk/Sean Chen Iron Man omnibus, which collects their late 90s/early 2000s run, which is just a really consistent, good run.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Revan View Post
    I'm a big fan of all things Marvel, I just lack the money or time to buy/read all the comics. I'm just curious about "best of moments" of certain heros. My favorites are The Hulk and Nightstalker (that is the Xmen that can teleport, right?). But I like a lot of them. Iron Man, Captain America, Hawkeye, all of em. So any of their most amazing moments (that aren't in the movies) are what I'm interested to know about.
    I think you might mean Nightcrawler.

I think you should consider Marvel Unlimited. Its kinda a Netflix for Marvel comics with a very good selection.

I second Marvel Unlimited. It's an excellent way to binge read and it's $9.99 a month price point makes it all the more worthwhile. The only downsides are that there is a 6 month delay on current releases showing up and there are gaps in a lot of runs but both of those are minor complaints because of the sheer volume of content they offer for you to read.

For Hulk the best is probably the Peter David run, particuarly the Grey Hulk and early Merged Hulk issues (around 332-400).

Unlimited of course is real nice, they also have the whole Star Wars back catalog, including not only Marvel's original issues but I'm pretty sure the entire Dark Horse run of comics.

For Nightcrawler, his brightest shining moment was pretty much the entire run of Excalibur. I have no idea if this is on Marvel Unlimited, but if it is, definitely get that. He led the team and was generally awesome.

Yeah, I think the Excalibur stuff also showcased a lot more of Nightcrawler the swashbuckler, instead of Nightcrawler religious beliefs (which while interesting, has led to some odd storylines).

All-New Member

Lol Nightcrawler...I can't believe I forgot that. Well I'm more looking for anyone who knows about the actual stories of the heroes and will tell me about it here. Oh also Deadpool. He's awesome. Can't wait for the movie