Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Since when is the Wasp a villain?
    Since racism became frowned upon?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fringe Division View Post
    Since racism became frowned upon?
    Are you really trying to turn this thread into an anti-uncanny avengers thread?
    You know what Op meant when they asked for villains.

I get that you hate Remender, but come on.

Let's talk about the ACTUAL topic at hand.
    And if you do wanna get technical, Wasp or Wanda aren't even overused being in one book.
    So the initial post kind of doesn't stand.
    Last edited by Alvarez; 06-17-2014 at 09:47 PM.

BANNED

I consider Wasp a villain. As she's not even an entertaining one, I feel she is overused.

My comments were not anti-UA. They were anti-Wasp, which is keeping in line with the subject of the thread.

I have continually posted about the actual subject of the threads only for you to try to make them about me. So there's that.

BANNED

I consider Wasp a villain. As she's not even an entertaining one, I feel she is overused.

My comments were not anti-UA. They were anti-Wasp, which is keeping in line with the subject of the thread.

I have continually posted about the actual subject of the threads only for you to try to make them about me. So there's that.
    How is she overused?

During most of Bendis' run she was presumed dead and it wasn't till UA that she actually became active.
    Since then she has occasionally shown up outside the title.
    All please, enlighten me how she's exactly overused.

I'm trying to understand this.

BANNED

I already explained why I feel she's overused. Someone with so little entertainment value (that is to say none) to offset her repugnant behavior should be used very, very infrequently, not made one of the stars of a major ongoing.

BANNED

I already explained why I feel she's overused. Someone with so little entertainment value (that is to say none) to offset her repugnant behavior should be used very, very infrequently, not made one of the stars of a major ongoing.
    Our definitions of overused seem to differ quite a bit.

Let it go Alvarez.
    The moment you understood there was an anti-Remender subtext to the whole rhetoric, you understood everything there is to know about Wasp = Supervillain (overexposed at that).

I, for once, could use less Doom and Galactus in the various books, either as main antagonists and cameos.
    Original Sin focusing on obscure villains is quite refreshing btw.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Doom's become so overused that he's ceased to be a character. He's a set of arrogant catch-phrases doing cameos. If he were a real actor, I'd accuse him of phoning it in in his old age.

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Doom's become so overused that he's ceased to be a character. He's a set of arrogant catch-phrases doing cameos. If he were a real actor, I'd accuse him of phoning it in in his old age.
    I agree with your point. Doom is overused since the 60s on every decade, it seems so omnipresent on everything.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    Our definitions of overused seem to differ quite a bit.
    It means to be used too much. Using a shameless racist who giddily profits off the race she hates as a star of a book about a team trying to address racism is using her too much.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Original Sin focusing on obscure villains is quite refreshing btw.
    That's one of the prime reasons I'm loving OS.

Ultimate Member

Norman Osborne. For a guy who had been dead for decades, he sure got a big push from 'crazy dude with a Halloween fetish' to 'cheap Lex Luthor rip-off.'

The Skrulls. Kind of over them. I'd prefer to see more of the dozens of other bad-guy alien races now, like the Badoon or the Brood or the Dire Wraiths or one of the lesser used ones. Or even extra-dimensional threats, instead of interstellar threats, like an 'alien invasion' from a Dark Dimension sort of place.

Loki. Villain, anti-hero, lovable urchin. I don't care. I'd rather know what the Enchantress or Karnilla or Hela or some other Asgardian maybe villain type is up to. Ulik? Some sort of minions of Surtr that have broken through from Muspelheim and set up a foothold / encampment from which to spread across the Nine Worlds? More dark elves? A Fafnir/Fasolt/Nidhogg-esque dragon? A Frost Giant sorcerer like Utgard-Loki? Whatever. Anyone but Loki.

As for villains who have gotten some play in the past, but aren't overused and could probably use a return, Moonstone, Justine Hammer, Sinister, the Acolytes, in general, Dark Riders / Alliance of Evil / leftover Horsemen / followers of Apocalypse forging a new 'survival of the strongest' cult around a charismatic new leader, the dozen or so Inhumans who've been exiled over the years (Maximus's allies, Maelstrom's minions, Dark Riders, etc.), the Serpent Society.

The Phoenix has appeared enough times for one millennia.

Mystique could probably use a break, but people are hopping on the Jennifer Lawrence hype train with that one.

I think when it comes to characters like Loki, they are more protagonists now with their own books so saying he's overused is like saying any solo hero is overused.

There are lots of other villains who need to appear more often, as some of you have listed. I think the various rogues galleries definitely need to be defined.

Also obligatory joking "Cyclops is overused villain" post.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by neonrideraryeh View Post
    Also obligatory joking "Cyclops is overused villain" post.
    *Any* hero being used as a villain is overused. Doesn't matter if it's Stark or Reed or Wanda or Jean or Charles or Scott or Hank or DC's sixty-eleventieth boring 'evil Superman' story.

It was kind of shocking and original, once, in the '70s, I think.

Then it was kind of cheap and derivative.

Then it was just bad.

Then it was so bad it was almost funny.

Now it's just bad again.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I don't think your post is in the realm of what the OP is seeking. This is not a "characters we don't like" thread. This is about tried and true villains. How many appearances as a villain does she have? Certainly not as many as say, Rogue who started out as a villain.

Wasp has never been part of a villain team, plotted to take over the world or killed any puppies. And your charge of racism is baseless.