Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Larraz, Deodato, Noto, Cassaday, Immonen, Yu and Sal Larrocca have no problem doing Marvel work.
    what marvel ongoings are these people on??

The comics relaunched after Civil War 2 will have glowing covers along with a Bendis autograph. Each written in a different way. Collect them all kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    which of those artists and writers are doing current marvel non-star war titles?
    Probably the main one I can think of is Charles Soule who is also penning Daredevil, Uncanny Inhumans, oversees All New Inhumans, as well as a couple other books.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    what marvel ongoings are these people on??
    I think Deodato is on Invincible Iron Man.

John stewart sucks DevilsGambit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    What do you suggest?
    I suggest them not writing useless titles. Sure a lot of characters deserve their day in the sun, but chewbaca? I don't need a comic about bruce waynes nephew 6 times removed on his mothers side.
    Last edited by Kuwagaton; 01-29-2016 at 02:05 PM. Reason: language

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post

I don't think Marvel are really worried about Image tbh. Its DC that are closer to them not Image.

Without Star Wars other books might have better creative teams and less bad art.
    At the moment, DC is in check, but I think regarding their upcoming relaunch, Marvel will be forced to respond to it. Historically though, Independent publishers have always chipped away at the market share over time, until the "next big thing" that is. Marvel and DC are predictable, Image, Valiant etc less so imo.

And regarding Star Wars. I completely agree. I wonder how things will change once Marvel starts cutting costs by hiring lesser known writers and artists to take over those books?
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Back to the thread topic....

I think the biggest challenge is how do retailers compete with digital or bring people over from digital into the stores. Anecdotally, the MCU got me interested in comics at the age of 30 and it was much easier to just buy a book I was interested in on my iPad than it was to go and feel awkward in a comic store, which let's be honest has a few stereotypes attached to it. Finally, 4 years after I first started reading comics digitally, I entered the store because I wanted to read and hold a printed version of my most anticipated series.

Also, with products like MU, many people can subscribe and read what they want about the characters that tie directly into the MU without ever needing to purchase a new book.

Unfortunately, with the secrecy around digital sales, we may never know how it is directly affecting physical sales.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsGambit View Post
    I suggest them not writing useless titles. Sure a lot of characters deserve their day in the sun, but fucking chewbaca? I don't need a comic about bruce waynes nephew 6 times removed on his mothers side.
    Chewie is one of the most recognizable characters in Star Wars, if not sci-fi in general.

But you don't need it, as you said. Therefore don't buy it.

John stewart sucks DevilsGambit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Reloaded View Post
    Back to the thread topic....

I think the biggest challenge is how do retailers compete with digital or bring people over from digital into the stores. Anecdotally, the MCU got me interested in comics at the age of 30 and it was much easier to just buy a book I was interested in on my iPad than it was to go and feel awkward in a comic store, which let's be honest has a few stereotypes attached to it. Finally, 4 years after I first started reading comics digitally, I entered the store because I wanted to read and hold a printed version of my most anticipated series.

Also, with products like MU, many people can subscribe and read what they want about the characters that tie directly into the MU without ever needing to purchase a new book.

Unfortunately, with the secrecy around digital sales, we may never know how it is directly affecting physical sales.
    I'm also assuming that digital sales are low too. I'm not against digital, I see people with Ipads and nooks who still carry books around. I also think it has to do with the return on investment. A physical #1 in like 60 years being worth hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Chewie is one of the most recognizable characters in Star Wars, if not sci-fi in general.

But you don't need it, as you said. Therefore don't buy it.
    I was about to say that. Chewbacca is more recognizable than about 90 percent of Marvel's stable.

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    At the moment, DC is in check, but I think regarding their upcoming relaunch, Marvel will be forced to respond to it.
    Did they do anything to respond to the New 52, which also flamed out in just a few years? Marvel is not under any threat from DC.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsGambit View Post
    I'm also assuming that digital sales are low too.
    We don't know because that info isn't made public.
    Last edited by Holt; 01-29-2016 at 11:43 AM.

BANNED

It's just two people, and one of them points to Lois & Clark as a book that's generating the most excitement, when it hasn't made it into top 100 comics of the month since issue #2. A bit hard to take this seriously.

I'll wait for the January sales data to see if this is actually indicative of a problem across the board, and not just for a few comic shops.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Did they do anything to respond to the New 52, which also flamed out in just a few years? Marvel is not under any threat from DC.
    Marvel NOW was a response to The New 52, and it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Ina heshima kwa Jumuia kama ka View Post
    It's just two people, and one of them points to Lois & Clark as a book that's generating the most excitement, when it hasn't made it into top 100 comics of the month since issue #2. A bit hard to take this seriously.

I'll wait for the January sales data to see if this is actually indicative of a problem across the board, and not just for a few comic shops.
    That's what has me confused about this thread. Two guys say Marvel is failing and that's taken as definitive proof.

I wonder if my kids will be interested in Marvel movies 20 years from now based on the new source material that is being produced today. Every time marvel reboots, changes, crossover, renumbers etc I feel that more disconnected…personal feeling and I speak with my wallet. My brother, my friends have all done the same…and for the same reasons…its not wrong or right it just is…we spent money and now we don't. I have a feeling that same scenario plays out in every city in every state for the same reason.

I'm sure there are a lot of people who like the new Spiderman,Thor or Captain America…great but it doesn't appear that way when I speak with my peers…45 married 3 kids. Their books cater to every possible organization who might complain….great..but those people aren't buying the books.