Extraordinary Member

Default Steve Trevor in Superman #48 SPOILERS INSIDE

If you read the thread title you know there are spoilers. So here we go.

Clark saves Steve from some assassin I don't recognize. Steve uses a version of Diana's lasso to get the truth out of him, except this does it by inflicting pain.

Steve takes Clark [he calls him Clark instead of Superman - hilarious!] back to ARGUS to he could cure his non-powered condition with Kryptonite chemotherapy. On the way to the Green K Steve again shows how awesome he is by putting Diana's happiness first and basically calling Clark stupid for breaking up with her. Several times during the book Superman refers to himself as Wonder Woman's ex boyfriend.

Later some cyborg guy I dont know [hey I am only checking this book out because it has Steve in it] turns up and is intent on killing Clark. Seems he is an ex agent of SHIEL...er, ARGUS. Clark reflects on how amazing Steve is by putting his life on the line to keep Steve safe. Because "that's what he does."

Considering this is Supes books, this is not too bad a showing for Colonel Trevor.

I DO take issue with the use of torture to get information out of the assassin. Mostly because it is stupid. Torture, if it works at all [and often doesn't] takes time and a single electric shock is not going to get most people to tell all they know. Plus even when you get results only a fool would act on such information without having it verified by other sources. It is typical lazy storytelling where this type of interrogation is used, a symptom of the Jack Bauer 24 mentality infecting a variety of media these days.

Steve has along spiel about how he "realises" that Clark and Diana are made for each other. Some might see this as an affirmation of the relationship [or ex-relationship according to Clark in this issue] between Supes and Wondy, but I don't think it necessarily means that at all. Like all decent men who end up dating Diana, Steve feels it is impossible for him to be worthy of her. So yeah, he would naturally believe that somebody with god-like powers is her more natural match.

He's wrong of course, most significantly because Diana has a big say in who she thinks is worthy. If you are interested you can check out the Justice League #46 thread on this forum for more info on that count [spoilers, naturally].
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    If you read the thread title you know there are spoilers. So here we go.

Clark saves Steve from some assassin I don't recognize. Steve uses a version of Diana's lasso to get the truth out of him, except this does it by inflicting pain.

Steve takes Clark [he calls him Clark instead of Superman - hilarious!] back to ARGUS to he could cure his non-powered condition with Kryptonite chemotherapy. On the way to the Green K Steve again shows how awesome he is by putting Diana's happiness first and basically calling Clark stupid for breaking up with her. Several times during the book Superman refers to himself as Wonder Woman's ex boyfriend.

Later some cyborg guy I dont know [hey I am only checking this book out because it has Steve in it] turns up and is intent on killing Clark. Seems he is an ex agent of SHIEL...er, ARGUS. Clark reflects on how amazing Steve is by putting his life on the line to keep Steve safe. Because "that's what he does."

Considering this is Supes books, this is not too bad a showing for Colonel Trevor.

I DO take issue with the use of torture to get information out of the assassin. Mostly because it is stupid. Torture, if it works at all [and often doesn't] takes time and a single electric shock is not going to get most people to tell all they know. Plus even when you get results only a fool would act on such information without having it verified by other sources. It is typical lazy storytelling where this type of interrogation is used, a symptom of the Jack Bauer 24 mentality infecting a variety of media these days.

Steve has along spiel about how he "realises" that Clark and Diana are made for each other. Some might see this as an affirmation of the relationship [or ex-relationship according to Clark in this issue] between Supes and Wondy, but I don't think it necessarily means that at all. Like all decent men who end up dating Diana, Steve feels it is impossible for him to be worthy of her. So yeah, he would naturally believe that somebody with god-like powers is her more natural match.

He's wrong of course, most significantly because Diana has a big say in who she thinks is worthy.
    If you are interested you can check out the Justice League #46 thread on this forum for more info on that count [spoilers, naturally].
    And in a nutshell that is why they will wind up together again. Diana and Steve I mean. Wonderful way to put it.

I long await the line "Yes, could be considered made for each other. But we don't belong together."
    Last edited by Majesty; 01-29-2016 at 07:59 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    And in a nutshell that is why they will wind up together again. Diana and Steve I mean. Wonderful way to put it.

I long await the line "Yes, could be considered made for each other. But we don't belong together."
    Opposite's attract.

Every time
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor