Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KingDragonlord View Post
    You're right. Calling him an alpha male is the exact same thing as calling him an evil dictator wreaking chaos and havoc and thus mocking the latter removes any need to argue the former. You're a sharp one.
    the thing is youre getting out of proportion by saying that he is a bully when he is just defending himself, not to mention that even if he had info on the batman doenst means he will suddenly go "oh he beats criminals, he is a good guy" not knowing the reasons he did so. he could very well be just another gangster in a territory war, after all he is a reporter and he should know that such thing happen in a corrupt city like gotham. not to mention it was normal humans that captured him and started making experiments with his body "for the safety of the nation". good thing he is invulnerable.

yes he got batman and inquired him through forced interrogation, but he did it first of self awareness that there are all kinds of people out there going after his skin (self preservation, survival, your call), and secondly because the so called boxes were supponsedly responsible for the various incident in the city and he needed to know what was happening asap. thirdly, he is pissed, or are you saying that superman has no right to feel emotions?

You're talking about a Superman whom is fully familiar with what he can do and has been doing this for a while. Not a version whom not only is still in in circa his first year of crime fighting, but also only recently came into his complete power set. Only a few months at the longest before this encounter, he only had maybe half the fire-power he obtains here. He has a surprisingly good grasp on how not to permanently injure anyone taking the facts of his origin into consideration. You're just picking and choosing your details to push your preferred version over another, little more.

Speaking of other versions though, the original Superman would have punched first too. Even the veteran GA Superman would have punched first. People tend to forget that the post-Crisis Superman is not the classic, definitive take, and is in many respects quite the aberration. Not that there's something wrong with preferring that version, but its not the gold standard.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-01-2016 at 03:01 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Yes. This. ^^^^

Superman with his senses would have seen and heard Batman and Hal approach. And he didn't come out and try to stand his ground, he darted out full strength preemptively hitting GL so hard that cars were knocked about in Lanterns wake. Next issue, Batman has spent his utility belt, Superman lunges at Batman grabbing him by the neck and slamming him into a wall so hard it cracked to the point where it looked about to crumble. He didn't just choke Batman, he choke slammed Batman, and then held him dangling by the neck for interrogation. He'd make Jack Bauer blush.
    superman heard their entire conversation, he beat hal because he wanted and he choke slammed batman because he was enjoying it. he can scan bodies, heard conversation miles away. I really don't see any justification for what he did with hal, flash and batman.

he almost killed Hal and batman, hal protected both on a green ball and superman kept hitting on them. If hal didn't called Flash, they could had died.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agniwolf View Post
    the thing is youre getting out of proportion by saying that he is a bully when he is just defending himself, not to mention that even if he had info on the batman doenst means he will suddenly go "oh he beats criminals, he is a good guy" not knowing the reasons he did so. he could very well be just another gangster in a territory war, after all he is a reporter and he should know that such thing happen in a corrupt city like gotham. not to mention it was normal humans that captured him and started making experiments with his body "for the safety of the nation". good thing he is invulnerable.

yes he got batman and inquired him through forced interrogation, but he did it first of self awareness that there are all kinds of people out there going after his skin (self preservation, survival, your call), and secondly because the so called boxes were supponsedly responsible for the various incident in the city and he needed to know what was happening asap. thirdly, he is pissed, or are you saying that superman has no right to feel emotions?
    I'm reminded of 'Ending Battle' where Manchester Black ran Superman through the gauntlet of all his baddies. A bunch of heavy hitters amongst them too. He got to Black who showed that it was too late. That he had murdered Lois Lane. Manchester asked out he felt. Superman said he show Black. Then he went into a curb stomping murderous rage, tearing Black through half the city.

Then we cut back to Manchester and Superman still standing there as though that hadn't just happened. Supes had allowed Black to peek into his head to see what he wanted to do to Black, but he didn't actually do it. He instead put Black under arrest and was prepared to take him to jail, fully believing that Black had killed Lois.

That is how Superman handles rage. Adults are not helpless pawns of their emotions. Especially true of a hero like Superman.
    Last edited by KingDragonlord; 02-01-2016 at 03:04 PM.

That's how the neutered 2000's Superman handled rage. Not surprising that story came from the worst era in Superman's existence.

I'm not suggesting a well-written Superman would have murdered Black in return. But there is NOTHING unheroic or being a slave to your emotions about letting loose some on the person that murdered your damn wife. Just being prepared to arrest him? Not unleashing even a little bit of anger on him? I'm sorry but that's bland, robotic crap. You can't tell me that even Reeve's Superman wouldn't put a hurt on someone who murdered Lois before giving him to the authorities.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-01-2016 at 03:14 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I'm reminded of 'Ending Battle' where Manchester Black ran Superman through the gauntlet of all his baddies. A bunch of heavy hitters amongst them too. He got to Black who showed that it was too late. That he had murdered Lois Lane. Manchester asked out he felt. Superman said he show Black. Then he went into a curb stomping murderous rage, tearing Black through half the city.

Then we cut back to Manchester and Superman still standing there as though that hadn't just happened. Supes had allowed Black to peek into his head to see what he wanted to do to Black, but he didn't actually do it. He instead put Black under arrest and was prepared to take him to jail, fully believing that Black had killed Lois.

That is how Superman handles rage.
    and how many years of experience this frivolous superman has on his sleeve? 10+ right? do you really want a recently acquinted with heroics superman to have the cold blood to act like "oh he is the murderer of the woman i love, he should go to jail and escape someday", sorry, but on this point the superman that makes more sense is the injustice one, as disturbing as this may sound, and even so the injustice one is a very experient one

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

That is how Superman handles rage. Adults are not helpless pawns of their emotions. Especially true of a hero like Superman.
    I love that story too. There is nevertheless a wide, wide chasm between "walks away" and "murders him with his heat vision". "Takes him down angrily and then turns him into the authorities" might also be valid. And to declare that being visibly enraged about having your wife apparently being murdered in front of you would make one a childish pawn of your emotions isn't just way of living and processing trauma that doesn't really apply to Superman, it's behavior that doesn't really apply to human beings in general. That isn't 'no one is that perfect', it's 'no one is that fundamentally disconnected from their emotions'. It's not exactly as if the guy in Ending Battle was 'above' anger, or even made any attempt to conceal to Black that he was pissed as hell and going to try to find a way to punish him as harshly as he felt he was morally able.
    Last edited by Dispenser Of Truth; 02-01-2016 at 03:11 PM.
    Buh-bye

@KingDragonlord What the hell are you on about? Are you going to continue complaining of a Superman that hasn't really existed? And could you stop derailing my thread? You too Tayswift or Blacksun whatever.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    That's how the neutered 2000's Superman handled rage. Not surprising that story came from the worst era in Superman's existence.

I'm not suggesting a well-written Superman would have murdered Black in return. But there is NOTHING unheroic or being a slave to your emotions about letting loose some on the person that murdered your damn wife. Just being prepared to arrest him? Not unleashing even a little bit of anger on him? I'm sorry but that's bland, robotic crap. You can't tell me that even Reeve's Superman wouldn't put a hurt on someone who murdered Lois before giving him to the authorities.
    that is how a hero handle rage. It would be ok if superman punched manchester, but he let his rage flow on his mind but not to take his body.

I'm sorry Prime, I'm just as guilty. I'm done.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Same, sorry.
    Buh-bye

make it tree =/

going back to topic then by the end of the first arc of smww zod and faora go back to the zone. i think soule had another thing coming in regards to that warworld army in the future, a pity we may never see it again

Don't worry you are not the cause. But I wanted to ask you something. You said that the SM/WW wasn't a waste. I think it has because the writers haven't really explored it 100%. It feels like they could have done way better.

Quote Originally Posted by Agniwolf View Post
    make it tree =/

going back to topic then by the end of the first arc of smww zod and faora go back to the zone. i think soule had another thing coming in regards to that warworld army in the future, a pity we may never see it again
    Wait...He did? Have Zod and Faora been back ever since?

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Wait...He did? Have Zod and Faora been back ever since?
    dont you remember? the moment they got back into the phantom zone smm split the atom in the reactor and blew the whole thing up