Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Ruffalo Says Marvel is "Entertaining" the Idea of a Solo "Hulk" Film

While cautioning there's "not even a skeletal version" now, Mark Ruffalo indicated that Marvel Studios is more open to a new "Hulk" movie.

Full article here.

With Ruffalo as Bruce Banner, I will camp out NOW at my local theater so I can be first in line for an Incredible Hulk film. He's been the most "Bixby" since Bixby.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Norton made a better Banner but Ruffalo fits better into the MCU dynamic.

I want to see an Iron Man and Hulk movie.

BANNED

I think it would be the best chance at getting a She-Hulk appearance so I'm for it.

Astonishing Member Global Honored's Avatar

Ruffalo is awesome (anyone see his latest HBO flick The Normal Heart? Powerful stuff!) so if they can put together and afford a film with the same level of quality that Hulk had in Avengers then heck yes, it would surely smash the box office.

I enjoyed the last one and look forward to that next!

Fantastic Member Supergirl's Pal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    I think it would be the best chance at getting a She-Hulk appearance so I'm for it.
    I completely agree!
    I would love Iron Man to show up too just so Bruce can yell "Tony! That's my cousin!"

Quote Originally Posted by GLFan5994 View Post
    Norton made a better Banner but Ruffalo fits better into the MCU dynamic.

I want to see an Iron Man and Hulk movie.
    Have you seen the animated film, Iron Man & Hulk: Heroes United? Features current TV IM, Adrian Pasdar, and current Hulk, Fred Tatasciore. About them teaming up against the absorber, the thing composed of, with electricity, Zzax.

As for a live action team up, yeah, that could be fun. Fits with Ruffalos' contract, more RDJ, or IM, though might not be too likely after Avengers 3, as new contract ends then. Could be a fun mix of chemistry, good dynamic, and have good mix of powers, or abilities, with the two. Would wonder what threat would be too much for just Tony, or Bruce, that would not have Pepper, Rhodey, Happy, involved, whatever about Betty, or Samson, who I'm not sure are the Hulks' allies in MCU, in latters' case.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    What about A-Bomb, Red Hulk, or Skaar? Too much complicated backstory, for two, have not introduced one, perhaps.

And yeah, She-Hulk could be fun. Would be up for a film of hers'.

Quote Originally Posted by AirDave View Post
    With Ruffalo as Bruce Banner, I will camp out NOW at my local theater so I can be first in line for an Incredible Hulk film. He's been the most "Bixby" since Bixby.
    Interesting how different everyone sees things. When I watched Norton, I could have sworn he was channeling Bixby at times. In fact, much of the film was an homage to the series.

Ruffalo's a nice guy, and a good actor. I just can't buy him as Banner.

BANNED

oh PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE MARVEL!!!!!!!!

Not surprised to hear this. I think after how well Hulk was received in Avengers Marvel has been trying to figure out how to use the character solo next. Though I would assume this would be a Phase 4 movie at soonest.

I would love to have the next Hulk film bring in She-Hulk. I think she would be a great addition to the MCU.
    Thennary Speaks - Video reviews for comic books, anime & manga, J-pop and other topics

I'm hoping for the best. I'm a big Hulk fan and I think Ruffalo has done a great job with what he's been given. (And I think he deserves the success as well.)

BANNED

I want this so bad.

You guys are half right we need Ruffalo but the film also needs Whedon since he was the only writer and director to 'get' the characters done right on the big screen.