Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I prefer the sword to the battle axe she first wielded post-CRISIS. Now THAT was some heavy duty baggage.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCER View Post
    I prefer the sword to the battle axe she first wielded post-CRISIS. Now THAT was some heavy duty baggage.
    personally I don't think she needs to bust out the deadly weapons. Maybe for the occasional issue, but I prefer a Diana who uses her lasso.

believe me, the labrys was maybe the greatest addition to the representation of what is meant to be both feminist and an amazon in the mythos, it was also called pelekus

it is a cerimonial battle axe that is close tied to demeter and feminity

Astonishing Member

Looks like it could be good fun - but, needs more lasso.

Quote Originally Posted by Agniwolf View Post
    believe me, the labrys was maybe the greatest addition to the representation of what is meant to be both feminist and an amazon in the mythos, it was also called pelekus

it is a cerimonial battle axe that is close tied to demeter and feminity
    I did not know that as a 12 year old buying the post CRISIS issues of WONDER WOMAN. That's actually quite fascinating. It's a shame a lot of those seeds/elements in Perez's origin stories vanished through the years. Thanks for that info. Now I want to see that battle axe again!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    personally I don't think she needs to bust out the deadly weapons. Maybe for the occasional issue, but I prefer a Diana who uses her lasso.
    well she is powerful, lasso will do much better

BANNED

it's okay but it needed work. Her hair tells me this Wonder Woman will be more on the wild than on the wise side of the Wonder Woman spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    She sure looks happy to have such a violent looking sword.
    I am sooooooooooooooooooooooo not here for the sword and shield business being her default rather than bracelets and lasso. It was jarring to click the link and see her happily running into the fray brandishing that big ### sword like weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. It is like the parody that Phil Jiminez did in 185 just became the Way She Is Depicted. Did no one get that it was a parody?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    As opposed to those other, peaceful looking swords
    There are swords...

...and there are swords...

If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    well she is powerful, lasso will do much better
    It's not about power levels to me. It's about what stays true to who Diana is. Her weapons are truth and redemption not lobbing heads off

Mighty Member

i dont like the sword and shield either id rather her lasso and bracelets id like to do away with or at least downplay the warrior and focus more on the athlete. hopefully they do a better job with her here than they did with her in JL/JLU tho even tho i at least preferred her look there

Incredible Member

So when does this start?

From my understanding.. this will basically be "Teen Titans GO" just with the Justice League members..

if so, I'm passing on it. waste of the talents they'll bring in to voice the characters.

However if they're actually taking it seriously, I'll give it a watch too.

BANNED

I did not know that as a 12 year old buying the post CRISIS issues of WONDER WOMAN. That's actually quite fascinating. It's a shame a lot of those seeds/elements in Perez's origin stories vanished through the years. Thanks for that info. Now I want to see that battle axe again!
    In this day and age, you probably wont see 'that' axe again since it was very stylized... so I am guessing if it appears again, it will be as part of a ceremony and not for Circe-chopping like Perez used it.
    But that said, there was another battleaxe and she carried one as well

Its not my thing probably but I'm excited for the kids for it. Its about time they got a version of these characters for them. There's a lot of stuff aimed at them from the legacy pool but not much of the big guns. I hope they enjoy it.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El