View Poll Results: Who is your favorite villain?

Voters
143. You may not vote on this poll
  • Joker

56 39.16%
  • Two-Face

31 21.68%
  • Riddler

36 25.17%
  • Scarecrow

24 16.78%
  • Poison Ivy

28 19.58%
  • Mr. Freeze

16 11.19%
  • Bane

26 18.18%
  • Ra's Al Ghul

35 24.48%
  • Mad Hatter

12 8.39%
  • Catwoman

32 22.38%
  • Harley Quinn

14 9.79%
  • Penguin

21 14.69%
  • Black Mask

13 9.09%
  • The Ventriluest

8 5.59%
  • Other.

13 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

Default Who's your favorite Batman Villain?

Out of all the villains to appear in the comics, who is your favorite villain? You can vote multiple times.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

Incredible Member

Catwoman, in classic (1946-1954, 1975-1986) costume - that will be all.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

The Joker. From any era, from 1940 to the present, it's always gonna be The Joker.

The Clown Prince of Crime, The Harlequin of Hate, The Ace of Knaves, The Mirthful Mountebank, The Grim Jester, The Thin White Duke of Death.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-29-2016 at 11:07 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Black Mask from Ed Brubaker's Catwoman.

Penguin from Arkham City as an honorable mention.

Incredible Member

The Riddler is my favorite going all the way back to the late Frank Gorshin.
    Other favorites are:
    The Joker, Two-Face, Mr. Freeze, Black Mask, Scarecrow, Killer Croc, and Hugo Strange.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

The Riddler is by far my favorite Bat villain. After that it's Hugo Strange and then Catwoman.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Joker first , second and last.

Scarecrow and Two-Face are neck-and-neck. I think Scarecrow has a lot of untapped potential.

Where's all this Eddie love coming from? Zero Year? I remember the days where he was one of the most well-abused jokes of the Batman community; up there along with Cluemaster and Killer Moth. And while I think every character has the potential to be awesome, I'll never consider him to be a non-cheesy villain (he's definitely one of the most gimmicky). Personally, the Riddler I love the will always be the BTAS version. It was faithful to his original criminal status (committing small-scale robberies and personal homicides decorated with the classic puzzle motif) but it also introduced new layers to his insanity and relationship with Batman.

But man, Riddler's second place here. If Scott Snyder can make a character like him on par with the Joker, at least in terms of popularity, I'd love to see what he does with more underused ones (Croc, Hatter, Zsasz, Strange, etc).
    Last edited by Unfinishedsentenc; 01-30-2016 at 12:36 PM.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

1. Joker
    2. Ra's Al Ghul
    3. Penguin
    4. Riddler
    5. Catwoman
    6. Harley Quinn

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Joker will always be number 1
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Unfinishedsentenc View Post
    Where's all this Eddie love coming from? Zero Year? I remember the days where he was one of the most well-abused jokes of the Batman community; up there along with Cluemaster and Killer Moth. And while I think every character has the potential to be awesome, I'll never consider him to be a non-cheesy villain (he's definitely one of the most gimmicky). Personally, the Riddler I love the will always be the BTAS version. It was faithful to his original criminal status (committing small-scale robberies and personal homicides decorated with the classic puzzle motif) but it also introduced new layers to his insanity and relationship with Batman.

But man, Riddler's second place here. If Scott Snyder can make a character like him on par with the Joker, at least in terms of popularity, I'd love to see what he does with more underused ones (Croc, Hatter, Zsasz, Strange, etc).
    The "Eddie Love", was always there. The late Frank Gorshin was the first to get the ball rolling and in time given his appearances in various other media outlets, the Riddler became iconic. That's why I disagree vehemently with your ideology that the Riddler was perceived to be so much of a joke that he was on par with the likes of Killer Moth and the Cluemaster. When it's always been quite the contrary, neither Killer Moth or the Cluesmaster has ever been on the level of the Riddler. Every time there's a top ten greatest Batman villains of all time list, the Riddler is usually on there and that was before Scott Snyder made him out to be the main villain in Zero Year.

Back on topic, my favorite Batman villain is Ra's Al Ghul.
    Last edited by Nero; 02-01-2016 at 09:04 PM.

BANNED

Why do people like Joker so much? I don't understand. There's no depth to him at all, he's just a psycho. I like my villains with layers and substance.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    Why do people like Joker so much? I don't understand. There's no depth to him at all, he's just a psycho. I like my villains with layers and substance.
    Read Detective Comics #475 and #476 .