Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Could the post-SW Marvel Multiverse be Mayday's salvation?

We'd have to wait until Slott moves on to other things, of course; but it occurs to me that the rebirth of the Marvel Multiverse under the guidance of the Richards clan is an ideal opportunity to scrape away the hackneyed “you only grow through tragedy” garbage that was forced on Mayday Parker by the Spider-Verse event. Heck, the Spider-Verse event itself could effectively be wiped away, with the inhabitants of the reborn Multiverse having no memories of it having happened and the lives lost (in Mayday's case, her father) being restored along with their worlds.

Again, we'd probably have to wait until Mr. Slott moves on, as he likely sees nothing wrong with Spider-Verse and no reason to undo it; but it could easily be undone using Secret Wars' aftermath as the mechanism.

Thoughts?
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

BANNED

I hate to say it, but given Web Warriors status quo...it may seem like Mayday's tragedy will remain for quite some time. While I didn't like how it turned out I could understand what Slott was doing to make this tale work.

Just because she suffered a great tragedy doesn't make her any less of a heroine given the many lessons she learned by her father and others. Now as for the Alternate Uncle Ben on the other hand...that's a different story.

Also it would be interesting to spotlight more on the MC-2 Universe given the vast amount of heroes in that world.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I don't see it being undone anytime soon frankly, I feel like it's going to be the status quo for quite a long time, possibly forever, or at least as long as Marvel are around to tell new stories.

I'd like a return of MC-2 books as well Cmbmool but unfortunately I don't see any signs of them doing any MC-2 books so will make do with MayDay's appearances in Web Warriors for now.
    Last edited by John Ossie; 01-30-2016 at 08:48 AM.

If it was up to me there'd be 3 lines of Marvel books

1 Main Marvel books
    2 Earth-65 Marvel books with different takes on characters from Main Marvel Universe
    3 MC-2 Where it's set in the future after the ''classic'' characters have retired or whatever and their kids takeover.

Alas, I'm not in a position at Marvel to do that LOL.
    Last edited by John Ossie; 01-31-2016 at 08:57 AM.

iMan 42s

As much as I have problems with the last volume of Amazing and while I liked Spiderverse, I am one those who just didn't understand the point of swapping Peter for a spider powered uncle Ben. The damage is done and beyond Tom, I don't think anyone will address it. It sucked, it happened, and it was a back up in a plot that SHOULD have been the back up story but MC2 Peter is still dead.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    As much as I have problems with the last volume of Amazing and while I liked Spiderverse, I am one those who just didn't understand the point of swapping Peter for a spider powered uncle Ben. The damage is done and beyond Tom, I don't think anyone will address it. It sucked, it happened, and it was a back up in a plot that SHOULD have been the back up story but MC2 Peter is still dead.
    His name is DAN. Not TOM.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    His name is DAN. Not TOM.
    thank you for pointing that out to them. when i saw that post i instantly scrolled up to see if it was the OP calling him tom again, but it was a separate person so then i facepalmed. where the hell is tom coming from lol?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rellum View Post
    when i saw that post i instantly scrolled up to see if it was the OP calling him tom again, but it was a separate person so then i facepalmed. where the hell is tom coming from lol?
    I scrolled up as well. I'm guessing Dataweaver was thinking of Tom Brevoort, and SuperiorIronman either also thought the same, or just said it because they were confused by Dataweaver's post.

Quote Originally Posted by rellum View Post
    thank you for pointing that out to them. when i saw that post i instantly scrolled up to see if it was the OP calling him tom again, but it was a separate person so then i facepalmed. where the hell is tom coming from lol?
    It was getting on my nerves LOL I mean I'm ready for a new writer to take over ASM but still LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    I scrolled up as well. I'm guessing Dataweaver was thinking of Tom Brevoort, and SuperiorIronman either also thought the same, or just said it because they were confused by Dataweaver's post.
    yea they probably just did something like that. its still a little frustrating though haha :P

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    It was getting on my nerves LOL I mean I'm ready for a new writer to take over ASM but still LOL.
    haha me too i was about to say something before i saw your post from yesterday. i wouldnt mind a change in writer either personally. about halfway through superior i dropped this and only started back up long enough to read a couple issues of spiderverse. i didnt enjoy what i read of it but i would never want them to retcon spiderverse since i really like both spider-gwen and web warriors, which wouldnt exist without that (or a similar) event taking place
    Last edited by rellum; 01-30-2016 at 01:11 PM.

iMan 42s

I said Tom since Tom Defalco wrote the Secret Wars Spider Girl story that addressed the fallout of this story. I really didn't think anyone wouldn't understand that. He addressed that plot point of Peter's death in MC2 and to my knowledge no one else has.

No idea where the OP got Tom from.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Posts on whether a character should be killed off were deleted for a tendency to derail the discussion.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    No idea where the OP got Tom from.
    Likewise.

Anyway, a slight shift in topic: I find it interesting that Web Warriors is using the same numbering system for the new Multiverse as was used in the pre-Secret Wars Multiverse. Why is that? Especially since my understanding is that one of the purposes of Secret Wars' destruction and rebirth of the Multiverse was so that the “All New All Different” Marvel Universe would be “the Prime Earth” rather than Earth-616. If the Web Warriors' base of operations is still called Earth-001, does that mean that the mainstream Marvel Universe is Earth-0? Also, the same interview where I got that tidbit about “616 no more” mentioned that part of the reason why the ANAD designation isn't 616 is that while the Richards have been busy creating and exploring world's in the new Multiverse, they haven't yet gotten around to making six hundred of them — so no Earth has the 616 designation yet, let alone the quadruple-digit designations that Web Warriors is tossing around.

Frankly, the whole premise of Web Warriors seems to be at odds with the notion that the Multiverse has just been reborn. Not just numbering-wise, either: as similar as they seem to what came before, these are not the same universes that existed before the Incursions started and the former Multiverse imploded. So why do we have a Spider who has as a plot point that his home universe was destroyed in an Incursion? They all were, weren't they?

And using Mayday to illustrate: why does the post-SW MC2 universe still include an incursion by the Inheritors? It's the post-SW MC2 universe, after all. More generally, why is the Inheritors' rampage across the Multiverse even a thing in this newly-reborn Multiverse, other than in the memories of the Web Warriors?
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

BANNED

Maybe it's a consequence of how books avoided spoiling the ending to Secret Wars? So Web Warriors really couldn't address how the Richards family is rebuilding the multiverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    Maybe it's a consequence of how books avoided spoiling the ending to Secret Wars? So Web Warriors really couldn't address how the Richards family is rebuilding the multiverse.
    Probably this. I'm sure not every writer was privy to that info also.