Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Default Death of Mockingbird

So after buying the Marvel Lego game yesterday, I had some money left over so I bought the ''Death of Mockingbird'' novel written by Roy Thomas.

The novel also featured the break-up of West Coast Avengers, Clint being Goliath but then changing back into Hawkeye, Jim Rhodes not being happy with Tony Stark, Mephisto having a little battle with Satannish and Scarlet Witch being elected the new leader which she didn't get long as the new leader LOL

Anyhow I thought it was an okay storyline with Mockingbird getting a somewhat heroic death by ''taking a bullet'' so to speak for Clint after they rescued Scarlet Witch. And it was nice to see Julia Carpenter as Spider-Woman since I haven't seen her be a super hero for a while. Although it was weird to think that this story came out not long before I started reading comics LOL.

Anyway, the question I have for people is have you read it and if so what do you think of the story?

I just ordered it from InStockTrades so I'm waiting to read it soon. I'm not particularly familiar with any of the stories, all of which were published during my 30-year absence from comic reading, so I'm anxious to check them out. And, of course, always glad to read anything featuring Bobbi.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Well, I'll be giving her solo a try when it comes out so when I saw the book there I thought ''Ooh, I'll give that a go since it feature Bobbi heavily'' also like I said in OP it was a story written not long before I started reading comics. And even then I only read Amazing Spider-Man in the 90s so I hadn't read the stories myself. I thought it had some good spots in it. 7 out of 10 I'd give it overall.

And thank you for being the first to reply klynn

Invincible Member

I have the individual issue where it happened, but I don't have the issues leading up to it. In isolation it's kinda "meh"

I take it the story you read is a prose novel?

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I have the individual issue where it happened, but I don't have the issues leading up to it. In isolation it's kinda "meh"

I take it the story you read is a prose novel?
    It's a trade. It collects from issues 92-100 and 102 of West Coast Avengers, Spider-Woman (1993) 1-4 as well as material from Marvel Comics Presents (1988) 143-144

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    It's a trade. It collects from issues 92-100 and 102 of West Coast Avengers, Spider-Woman (1993) 1-4 as well as material from Marvel Comics Presents (1988) 143-144
    Oh! Egg on my face...I thought when you said novel it was a print thing like they've done prose novelizations of say Death Of Superman, etc,. There's a number of prose stories of various Marvel characters, X-Men, She-Hulk, Rogue and what not...

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Oh! Egg on my face...I thought when you said novel it was a print thing like they've done prose novelizations of say Death Of Superman, etc,. There's a number of prose stories of various Marvel characters, X-Men, She-Hulk, Rogue and what not...
    No worries. No biggie I probably should've mentioned that in my OP.