Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

He actually had a pretty smart scheme in the TMNT crossover.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I like him as the sewer croc leader of the downtrodden. More unique and layered. There's already a lot of mob boss in Gotham.

from Batman Villains Secret Files & Origins (2005)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Worst versions would be the "I'll suck the meat from your bones" Croc or Azzarello's Pimp Croc in Broken City
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    I thought Pimp Croc was the bomb in Broken City, yo! It's admittedly not in line with my above mentioned preferred take on him, but if you're going to write Croc as a straight up thug there are few funnier ways of doing it. Azzarello does seem to be a pretty big fan of Croc, as he uses him fairly significantly in Broken City, Joker, Knight of Vengeance and Batman Europa.
    Agreed, I think Azzarello's take on Croc (Broken City, Joker, Dark Knight Returns: Last Crusades, etc) is one of my favorite comic interpretation of the character, next to New 52 Batman Eternal/Villain's month and his early appearances. I feel like Azzarello always find new ways to make him interesting as an antagonist and fit in a gritty, hyperrealistic setting. Honestly that is what I wanted to see in the Suicide Squad film.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    They need to follow "The Batman" and make Killer Croc like that version.
    I agree with this, growing up with BTAS/TNBA and The Batman, I heavily preferred The Batman (and Beware the Batman as well) take's on the Croc man. He felt dangerous, and the only time I didn't mind the alligator man look for croc, and he made Killer Croc a formidable threat in brawn and brains which is always entertaining.

Spectacular Member swing kinker's Avatar

I like him being half way between the origin version and the full on monster. Requiem for a killer by Alan Grant and Norm Breyfogle is hands down my favourite croc story. It was loosely adapted into a great episode of the animated series.
    https://www.bigglasgowcomicpage.com/.../kinkerkorner/ My pop culture lists. Got an idea for a list? Gimme a shout.

I prefer a nice balance of man and monster. Don't want him eating people but I think Croc would like to make people think he does. I always like to think of him as Frankenstein mixed with the creature from the Black Lagoon. Misunderstood which leads him to be a criminal, mostly muscle but not a complete idiot.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Mighty Member

I thought Beware the Batman had a great balance for him: A weirdly charismatic and clever criminal who almost makes you forget he's also a monstrous brute that devours people.

I don't oppose sympathetic villains, but I never bought Croc as being one himself. Sure, his past is sad, but I see him as being hardened and cynical enough to not be swayed by the pain of others.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I prefer a nice balance of man and monster. Don't want him eating people but I think Croc would like to make people think he does. I always like to think of him as Frankenstein mixed with the creature from the Black Lagoon. Misunderstood which leads him to be a criminal, mostly muscle but not a complete idiot.
    I don't like him eating humans either. That's just to much.