Default Creating An Anti Matter Wonder Woman

Basically a thread were posters can post their own ideas for an anti matter Wonder Woman.

My Version

She comes from the island of Themyscira (sometimes called Damnation Island). Her people are superhumanly strong either through divine blessing or mystical training. She uses a variety of weapons. She comes to man's world disguised as a diplomat but is in fact a vanguard for an invasion. Her people are still alive but they tend to encourage deception and betrayal (if the Prime Earth Amazons are like the Jedi the Earth 3 Amazons are like the Sith). She gives the impression of just being a ditzy airhead to Ultraman and Owlman but is in fact much smarter than either of them realize.

She's also not Lois Lane. I never understood that.

BANNED

My version:

Codename: Fury
    Place of Origins: Prison island of Tartarus.
    People: Furies, war-makers of the Pit of Olympus, has little interested in anything but making war as savage as possible. Once every hundred years they can leave the island to wreck havoc on the mortal world and make sure they keep their numbers up. Practices human sacrifice, black magic and other depravities to appease their hellish gods.
    Lyta: Result of the coupling between Circe, Grand Domina of the Furies and Zeus the Master of the Pit. Where the other Furies are often demi-demons, Diana is a pureblood and only second to Circe in terms of power.
    Personality: Cruel, sadistic, monstrously ambitious and patient. Fury cares nothing for the wants of others and she will cut down any who stand in her path between her and her goals and for the smallest of offenses.
    Goals: Currently hampered by being unable to challenge Hippolyta for leadership of the Furies as she has yet to complete the rite of passage that requires her to leave the island. When this is one day complete, Lyta intends to make war on the feeble mortal world that surrounds them, whenever she has Zeus' permission or not.
    Rite of Passage: Bring back the strongest male she can find by any means and sacrifice him to Zeus.
    Appearance: Porcelain white skin, black eyes that occasionally glow red if agitated, long blackish-brown spines instead of hair. Appears to wear an outfit that shares some semblance to Wonder Woman's outfit, but it is actually part of her skin. Exception is the bracelets, which in this case are manacles Zeus forces the Furies to wear as a reminder of whose slaves they are. Her face still remains strikingly beautiful to look at, has an almost dreamlike quality to it that makes it had to describe later on.

Okay if we're playing the Anti-matter world here's an idea for you

Only male born to a female race of genetically engineered scientific explorers, with fantastic physical abilities. In an attempt to "rectify" this anomaly "Daniel" was forced to go under sexual reassignment to become female. Now trapped in a body not his own Diana goes out into the world to discover who he really is, only to be objectified and despised for his differences (ironically for being female). Driving him to villainy.

BANNED

Got another one:

Instead of making her based in mythology and magic, how about going the Tangent route and make her a machine?

'Amazons': Reclusive female scientists resident on Oolong Island, purely focused on science with which they one day aim to use to improve the outside world, whenever it wants it or not.
    'Diana': Due to the hazards of the world and need for field data, the Amazons construct a self-aware android that is to both represent them in the wider world, infiltrate human society and gather data and run occasional experiments. Due to the presence of metahumans and aliens, and recognizing the high possibility of combat with them being initiated, the Amazons make Diana great enough to handle each of those they have on file.
    While Diana is self aware and has free will, she often agrees with the lines of logic of her makers; who see the world outside of their island more like a petri-dish and a canvas they one day intend to wipe clean and repurpose. due to the need for secrecy of her other goals, Diana has developed another personality to present to the humans to make them less likely to suspect her or her sisters should one of their experiments become known. Knowing about her nature as an android or her true motives is considered a death sentence unless the individual is considered worth keeping alive.

Basically you could say the Amazons are Fallout 4's Institute and Diana is a super-advanced Synth.

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    Okay if we're playing the Anti-matter world here's an idea for you

Only male born to a female race of genetically engineered scientific explorers, with fantastic physical abilities. In an attempt to "rectify" this anomaly "Daniel" was forced to go under sexual reassignment to become female. Now trapped in a body not his own Diana goes out into the world to discover who he really is, only to be objectified and despised for his differences (ironically for being female). Driving him to villainy.
    I have to say... I don't think you could get this past editors, and even if you did I think readers would crucify you afterwards, like they did Fletcher over Dagger Type over in Batgirl.

I have to say... I don't think you could get this past editors, and even if you did I think readers would crucify you afterwards, like they did Fletcher over Dagger Type over in Batgirl.
    well, that's all probably true ... but the OP asked for ideas and this popped into my head. Personally, I think it manages to still address some of the core elements of WW but puts a modern world issue into view (i.e. transgender rights). Perhaps making her a villain would be seen as problematic, but I see it more along the lines of Poison Ivy's villainy.

Paradise Island is based on an idealised version of Greece, particularly Athens. So maybe a good thing to consider would be using a different base.

The two that come to mind for me are either
    -Themisycra is based on Sparta; warrior driven ethos, no compassion, 300-style "misshapen or deformed" eugenics, with Ares as their patron, or
    -Base Damnation Island off Rome, specifically in it's fall. Hedonistic, decadent, and in decline. Where Paradise Island is prospering and supports community, Damnation Island is the embodiment of vice and backstabbing.

Quote Originally Posted by girlverine View Post
    Paradise Island is based on an idealised version of Greece, particularly Athens. So maybe a good thing to consider would be using a different base.

The two that come to mind for me are either
    -Themisycra is based on Sparta; warrior driven ethos, no compassion, 300-style "misshapen or deformed" eugenics, with Ares as their patron, or
    -Base Damnation Island off Rome, specifically in it's fall. Hedonistic, decadent, and in decline. Where Paradise Island is prospering and supports community, Damnation Island is the embodiment of vice and backstabbing.
    Interesting. What would your anti matter Diana have as her moniker?

I'd probably stick with Superwoman -it's a good name, and well-ingrained in comic conciousness- but with added titles.

For Sparta, I'd probably position her as a general of the armies, under the command of her mother, with both of them competing through subterfuge for the attention and favor of Ares.
    (Diana going to man's world would therefore be less a diplomatic mission of peace, and more an exile to get her out of the way for Hippolyta's schemes.)

For Rome, either use the same mother vs daughter set up, or have Diana be the Last Empress of Rome, with her goal being to conquer the world beneath her heels and reinvigorate her flagging empire.
    Last edited by girlverine; 02-08-2016 at 08:50 AM.