Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Yeah, i went to begin purchasing these off IST a few months back and they replied that vol. 1 was out of stock. Sucks cause i had been wanting to order this for a while and now they're all expensive!
    Yep, me too. I don't want to buy Volumes 2-4 until I know I can get Volume 1 for cheaper than what I am finding right now.

Just a heads up, Doc Frankenstein (burlyman) apparently didn't have that big of a print run and is already sold out at the distrib level, so the copies you see out now are all that's there.

...also it makes no sense to have one marvel thread, dc thread, etc, but for general/etc publishers there are two threads split between hc and tpb.

Amazing Member Prince Disarming's Avatar

Recently I picked up:

Fatale: Volume 1
    Pretty Deadly
    Sex Criminals (It is supposed to be great, but I must admit I felt a bit skeevy buying it)
    Zero

I actually only recently started picking up single issues and following some series as they come out regularly. I mostly collect trades and I love paperbacks, not just for comics but for regular books as well, that's my preference.

The trades I've most recently picked up:
    - Batman: Court of Owls
    - Batman: City of Owls
    - Batman: Hush
    - Batwoman: Elegy
    - Batwoman: To Drown The World
    - Suicide Squad: Discipline and Punish

Couldn't believe it took me this long to finally pick up Court of Owls and Hush!
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Do trades warp if they are stored loosely after a long time? This might be good reason for me to buy more hardcovers. Don't know why I think that, just wondering. I think this does happen to some magazines.
    An unabashed DC Fanboy (who gives Marvel credit where credit is due).

Quote Originally Posted by ohmshalone View Post
    Do trades warp if they are stored loosely after a long time? This might be good reason for me to buy more hardcovers. Don't know why I think that, just wondering. I think this does happen to some magazines.
    Hmmm I haven't had this problem, but perhaps? I have a Marvel Masterworks X-Men vol 1 that I've had for a few years and I've had it stored laying on a desk or in a shelf and the only sort of wear I've noticed is that the tops of the pages have started to turn slightly yellow (which is odd, because I'd think they'd print on acid-free paper?).
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

the strongest opinion I have about TPBs is that I think when reprinting old comics it's always better to to a whole run than just a storyline. Like when I was a kid, I could buy TPBs of the Peter David Hulk, the Miller Daredevil, as complete runs. Wheras with Batman it was always just isolated storylines, like Year One or Knightfall. Meaning you miss out on a lot of back story and some of the greatest single issues where big stuff happens. I'm really glad companies seem to be wising up more with that. Having the whole Essential Byrne/Claremont X Men was so much better than just Days of Future and Dark Phoenix alone. My other favourite type of TPB are the ones that have an interesting compilation of single issues from different eras, like Marvel are releasing a lot of now. I like getting interesting single issues that otherwise would have been lost in history among big event stories.
    Last edited by tombo; 08-17-2014 at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by comic_nerd View Post
    Hmmm I haven't had this problem, but perhaps? I have a Marvel Masterworks X-Men vol 1 that I've had for a few years and I've had it stored laying on a desk or in a shelf and the only sort of wear I've noticed is that the tops of the pages have started to turn slightly yellow (which is odd, because I'd think they'd print on acid-free paper?).
    Thanks for the reply. Here are two discussions regarding warping trades:

Link 1

Link 2
    An unabashed DC Fanboy (who gives Marvel credit where credit is due).