All-New Member

Question Golden Girl - Betsy Ross - Captain America Sidekick Looking for a picture of her

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had a picture of Golden Girl, the Betsy Ross version who was Captain America's
    sidekick. I have a picture from Wiki from this link https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Girl but it doesn't have
    enough detail about her outfit. (I plan to make her clothing for a Superhero even I plan to attend.)

I understand, "Golden Girl appeared in Captain America stories through issue #74 (Oct. 1949), except for issue #71, and also in the Captain America stories in Marvel Mystery Comics #87-88 and #92 (Aug. & Oct. 1948, June 1949)." Wiki credited (link above)

She was featured in Marvel Comic from 1941 to 1948. She doesn't have any superpowers but she is good at hand to hand combat and has a bullet proof cape.

Can anyone help me, please find a good picture of Golden Girl?

Thank you.

Jillian
    Last edited by yourvirtualwizard; 02-01-2016 at 01:44 AM.

Be sure to check out http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Elizabe...28Earth-616%29

The Marvel wiki is much more fleshed out than the wikipedia entry.

You can also check out the gallery under the picture. Shows her costume at a few different angles. From what I can tell, it's mostly the same save for a few colouring differences, which was common at the time. Her boots and belt for example shift back and forth from green and black in some cases.

Hope that helps. Good luck!
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Be sure to check out http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Elizabe...28Earth-616%29

The Marvel wiki is much more fleshed out than the wikipedia entry.

You can also check out the gallery under the picture. Shows her costume at a few different angles. From what I can tell, it's mostly the same save for a few colouring differences, which was common at the time. Her boots and belt for example shift back and forth from green and black in some cases.

Hope that helps. Good luck!
    Hello DeShawn,

Thank you so much for responding to my request for a better picture of Golden Girl's outfit.

The photo on the link you provided is the same one I saw on the other Wiki link I provided. I did not see any gallery with black v green cape and hood. Is it possible for you to send me a direct link to that gallery?

The problem I am having with the one photo featured on both sites is two-fold: 1) There seems to be some kind of design on her sleeves and sides of the dress. I can't make out the detail of that design. 2) There seems to be some kind of design on her hood/cap above her ears. It might be wings which remind me of the kind Captain America has on his head piece but the picture on the Wikis doesn't give that detail.

I was hoping someone might have one of the issues she appeared in and copy a better picture of those details. For this reason I included the dates of her publications.

I'm afraid I am still at square one although I do thank you for responding and offering to help.

Thank you.

Jillian

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yourvirtualwizard View Post
    Hello DeShawn,

Thank you so much for responding to my request for a better picture of Golden Girl's outfit.

The photo on the link you provided is the same one I saw on the other Wiki link I provided. I did not see any gallery with black v green cape and hood. Is it possible for you to send me a direct link to that gallery?

The problem I am having with the one photo featured on both sites is two-fold: 1) There seems to be some kind of design on her sleeves and sides of the dress. I can't make out the detail of that design. 2) There seems to be some kind of design on her hood/cap above her ears. It might be wings which remind me of the kind Captain America has on his head piece but the picture on the Wikis doesn't give that detail.

I was hoping someone might have one of the issues she appeared in and copy a better picture of those details. For this reason I included the dates of her publications.

I'm afraid I am still at square one although I do thank you for responding and offering to help.

Thank you.

Jillian
    You might want to try the other forum that has fans of the Golden Age era. They may have access to better images.

Link

Here's another board that focuses on the Golden Age among others: Link
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-01-2016 at 10:34 AM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    You might want to try the other forum that has fans of the Golden Age era. They may have access to better images.

Link

Here's another board that focuses on the Golden Age among others: Link
    Hello Iron Maiden,

Thank you so very much for that link to the other forum community for Golden Age characters. I have posted my questions there.

I appreciate that you took the time to respond. You have no idea how many hours I have spent 'googling-away' for more information. Thank you!

If someone has a good picture, I will post back. Perhaps someone else might have a question about Golden Girl.

Jillian

Hello DeShawn,

Thank you.

Jillian
    Sorry I should've specified, there is a link you can access by clicking the word "gallery" under the picture. My fault, here is a direct link. I've also included a direct link to comic vine, which I noticed includes a slightly redesigned, "modern" portrayal.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Elizabe...616%29/Gallery

http://www.comicvine.com/golden-girl/4005-34752/images/

The design on her cap seems to be wing tips similar to Captain America's. not sure about the sleeves though.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Hello Iron Maiden,

Thank you so very much for that link to the other forum community for Golden Age characters. I have posted my questions there.

I appreciate that you took the time to respond. You have no idea how many hours I have spent 'googling-away' for more information. Thank you!

If someone has a good picture, I will post back. Perhaps someone else might have a question about Golden Girl.

Jillian
    You're welcome and I hope you find some good images to use. I "know" (as much as you can from a MB!) some of the posters at the Golden Age/Bronze Age forum and they're good guys

Not sure this will help but here you go.