BANNED

Default Taskmaster and Deadpool

I’ve been reading Deadpool classics and got to the Gail Simone run and Agent X stuff.

In that run Taskmaster is a supporting character who seems a lot more chilled about Deadpool than he has before. In Priest’s run and in Kelley’s run Taskmaster and Deadpool didn’t like one another and TM even tried to get revenge on him for something that happened long ago.

I’m no Taskmaster expert but is there any explanation for his change of heart towards Wade or is there anything in his history that could explain his 180 attitude?

Quote Originally Posted by Spidercide View Post
    I’ve been reading Deadpool classics and got to the Gail Simone run and Agent X stuff.

In that run Taskmaster is a supporting character who seems a lot more chilled about Deadpool than he has before. In Priest’s run and in Kelley’s run Taskmaster and Deadpool didn’t like one another and TM even tried to get revenge on him for something that happened long ago.

I’m no Taskmaster expert but is there any explanation for his change of heart towards Wade or is there anything in his history that could explain his 180 attitude?
    I'm not an expert, but one of the side effects of taskmaster's ability to replicate any technique he's seen, is that he's almost an alzheimer's patient when it comes to remembering everything else; so maybe he just forgot about it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidercide View Post
    Check out his Taskmaster 4 issue series by Udon. That's where he first meets Sandi, which as I recall from Simone's DP/Agent X, was really the crux of his "softening" attitude.

(I also ignore the short-term memory/serum retcon of his abilities, which I feel was very weak and uninspired. Not to mention unnecessary.)

Also, making people forget that he's a paid assassin and just a fun lovin' guy appears to be Deadpool's secondary mutation. Because he's now somehow an Avenger and all.