Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 28687475767778
Results 1,156 to 1,160 of 1160
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The Patriots have been busy with trading and shifting the offensive line before the season begins. Anyhow , a couple days ago the Patriots were gonna send offensive guard Josh Kline to the Eagles in a straight up trade for defensive back Eric Rowe. Instead the trade happened for a draft pick and the Patriots cut Kline today.

I'm thinking Kline likely refused the trade and instead wanted to be cut to choose the team he signs with. Kline had started 13 games last year at both right and left guard spots. He's a 3 year veteran.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I posted a couple days ago Goff wasn't gonna get the start due to his last performance. He wasn't good and Fisher saw he needed more work and to be brought along slowly. Credit the Rams for realizing as much as they want Goff to be the franchise QB , he can't be thrown to the wolves so quick.
    While I can understand the Rams concern about not wanting to rush Goff, a legitimate concern, but since when has Jeff Fisher ever molded a young quarterback in all the years he's been a head coach, or had offensive lieutenants who have?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    While I can understand the Rams concern about not wanting to rush Goff, a legitimate concern, but since when has Jeff Fisher ever molded a young quarterback in all the years he's been a head coach, or had offensive lieutenants who have?
    The fear is set in since the last QB Fisher did well with was...Steve McNair and that was Jerry Rhome's work. And McNair set a near season as Chris Chandler started. In the same situation Goff may end up setting the near entire season.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I haven't been watching ESPN or NFL Network, but I'm sure there are so-called experts saying the Rams are babying Goff while the Eagles are throwing Wentz to the wolves. Along that same tack, for those who say the Eagles have tossed away their season by starting a green rookie in Wentz who's barely played this preseason, aren't the Rams basically doing the same thing by redshirting Goff and playing Case Keenum who doesn't even qualify as a journeyman? My view is that no one, and I mean NO ONE really knows what course of action will be seen as the right one with those rookies until the season is played out.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I haven't been watching ESPN or NFL Network, but I'm sure there are so-called experts saying the Rams are babying Goff while the Eagles are throwing Wentz to the wolves. Along that same tack, for those who say the Eagles have tossed away their season by starting a green rookie in Wentz who's barely played this preseason, aren't the Rams basically doing the same thing by redshirting Goff and playing Case Keenum who doesn't even qualify as a journeyman? My view is that no one, and I mean NO ONE really knows what course of action will be seen as the right one with those rookies until the season is played out.
    I think the worst move would be to throw out a young rookie QB who needs more time. Because you hurt them and your team. Goff isn't gonna suddenly become an all-star and do awesome since he's struggled in the preseason and needs more time. The same holds true with the Jets and Hackenberg who struggled worse. You rookies could be hurt by being pushed into starting so soon. The last decade we have seen a couple QB's hurt by this thinking. Since they need time to develop and get the system , as well as possibly having a bad offensive line.