Page 2 of 78 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    So ... will Vick, RGIII, or Johnny Football be a Cowboy next year?

I hope they stick with Moore.

BTW: In my Madden franchise, Tomlin is the coach of the Cowboys now with Winston and Vick (as backup). I thought it was a funny aside.
    Clearly, it's gonna be Manziel. Remember, Jerrah wanted to pick him two years ago, but was talked out it by his son and they chose offensive lineman Zach Martin instead. Once Cleveland sends Manziel packing, Jones will snatch him up faster than you can say "How 'bout dem Cowboys"!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Clearly, it's gonna be Manziel. Remember, Jerrah wanted to pick him two years ago, but was talked out it by his son and they chose offensive lineman Zach Martin instead. Once Cleveland sends Manziel packing, Jones will snatch him up faster than you can say "How 'bout dem Cowboys"!
    I'd say the Cowboys will likely examine factors in taking Manziel before picking him up for the hell of it. His substance abuse problems mixed in with his attitude beyond the field isn't something you'd bring to an organization. Also its not like Manziel has lit it up on field either. Johnny Football has started 8 games in 2 seasons and basically has this as a stat line 147/258 1,675 7 TDs 7 Ints and a 74.4 QB rating.

If Jerry's son is GM and calling the shots he's likely gonna draft QB in that 1st rd and hope Romo holds up the next season or two. There are several high rated QB's coming out. Vick is a non-issue ...his legs are gone and he admitted he didn't even care to study the play book last season. RGIII is a lot like Manziel , but in a worse spot as he has numerous issues to work through before he sees a field to start again. (Mechanics , foot work , learning an actual pro system etc)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I'd say the Cowboys will likely examine factors in taking Manziel before picking him up for the hell of it. His substance abuse problems mixed in with his attitude beyond the field isn't something you'd bring to an organization. Also its not like Manziel has lit it up on field either. Johnny Football has started 8 games in 2 seasons and basically has this as a stat line 147/258 1,675 7 TDs 7 Ints and a 74.4 QB rating.

If Jerry's son is GM and calling the shots he's likely gonna draft QB in that 1st rd and hope Romo holds up the next season or two. There are several high rated QB's coming out. Vick is a non-issue ...his legs are gone and he admitted he didn't even care to study the play book last season. RGIII is a lot like Manziel , but in a worse spot as he has numerous issues to work through before he sees a field to start again. (Mechanics , foot work , learning an actual pro system etc)
    Off-field issues never stopped Al Davis from bringing in all sorts of scoundrels and rapscalions when he ran the Raiders, and Jerrah already took a chance on Greg Hardy who's escapades make Manziel look like amateur night in Dixie. I think Jones is eager to have Johnny Football wear the star, probably as much for the publicity as what he could do on the field. As an Eagles fan, I'm hoping Manziel ends up in Dallas and trains wrecks the 'Boys big time.

The New York Daily News is reporting Colin Kapernick wants to play for the Jets next season. Jets' current QB Ryan Fitzpatrick is a free agent. Kapernick is currently pissed at the Niners for some reason. He's rehabbing an injury with private doctors instead of with the team.
    Last edited by Don C; 02-02-2016 at 06:37 PM.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

Quote Originally Posted by Don C View Post
    The New York Daily News is reporting Colin Kapernick wants to play for the Jets next season. Jets' current QB Ryan Fitzpatrick is a free agent. Kapernick is currently pissed at the Niners for some reason. He's rehabbing an injury with private doctors instead of with the team.
    Kapaernick would be wise to play for the 49ers and let Kelly work with him. The Jets would be wise to resign Fritzpatrick and avoid him. This is a case where the two shouldn't end up together.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Kapaernick would be wise to play for the 49ers and let Kelly work with him. The Jets would be wise to resign Fritzpatrick and avoid him. This is a case where the two shouldn't end up together.
    Agreed. if any coach can revitalize Kaepernick's career, it's Kelly. Still, I'm curious to know what Kaep's beef with San Fran is.

Agreed. if any coach can revitalize Kaepernick's career, it's Kelly. Still, I'm curious to know what Kaep's beef with San Fran is.
    Well right when he was benched (and he was before they learned he had an injury) , they were discussing possibly releasing or trading Kapaernick next season. I'm sure it pissed him off but his play was horrible. When a guy lines up and no one is covering a WR and the QB can't see it on the field....yes its bad.

The Eagles resigned another player this week and now its Vinny Curry (DE). He was signed to a 5 year , $47.25 million contract. ($20 million guaranteed folks)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...al-with-eagles

The Eagles resigned another player this week and now its Vinny Curry (DE). He was signed to a 5 year , $47.25 million contract. ($20 million guaranteed folks)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...al-with-eagles
    A good signing. Curry had shown himself to be a real force in a 4-3 defense before Chip Kelly came and changed the scheme to 3-4. Now that we're going back to a 4-3, that will certainly benefit Curry. Meanwhile, I hope there will be money left for freshly minted Pro Bowler and Birds' defensive standout Fletcher Cox.

Kaep debunked the going to the Jets rumors, I thought?

Or was it the Jets debunked that rumor?

Or both?
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 02-04-2016 at 12:10 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Not much going on in Bills news. They've been fairly successful in both Free agency and the draft lately, so I'm looking forward to March 15 and beyond. The defense could use some bulking up right now, especially depending on how it all plays out with Nigel Bradham and Mario Williams, but I'd almost argue that (especially based on this past season) they are expendable compared to Glenn and Incognito. The left side of the line is really solid because of those two. Brandon Spikes is still out there. He's kind of a high risk player, but he's a talented player and still very young. And being out of the league for a year, you can probably grab him for cheap. Bruce Irvin would be nice at OLB. I think he may be the best defensive player out there who has the best shot of going to free agency. Good chance it won't happen, but if it did I wouldn't be shocked.

As far as the draft goes I think the most important things to do would be bolster up the Offensive line. I'm willing to give John Miller another year, but something needs to happen at Right Tackle. Kouandjio and Henderson just aren't reliable options. Another Wide Receiver who can play opposite Sammy Watkins would be nice, but that's probably falling a bit into the luxury category. First round, though, I think they need to draft best player available though. A true first round talent will go a long way on the Bills right now and except maybe at Running Back and maybe Quarterback, there's not a single position where it would be totally pointless to go best available.

In Eagles news , the team basically is regretting signing DeMarco Murray to that big contract last season. If they cut Murray before June 1st it will cost the team $13+ million. The team likely could draft a RB and wait til after June and cut Murray then.

In Eagles news , the team basically is regretting signing DeMarco Murray to that big contract last season. If they cut Murray before June 1st it will cost the team $13+ million. The team likely could draft a RB and wait til after June and cut Murray then.
    The whole business with Murray was a colossal error from the jump. From Chip Kelly longing to get rid of Lesean McCoy, followed by Frank Gore saying no to the Eagles (I'm convinced that came after McCoy called Gore and told him to stay away from Philly) to the desperate signing of Murray for more money than he was worth after nearly 500 touches with Dallas the season before, not to mention coming to an offense that clearly WASN'T suited to him. This has been a first class debacle that's going to cost the Birds big time.

The whole business with Murray was a colossal error from the jump. From Chip Kelly longing to get rid of Lesean McCoy, followed by Frank Gore saying no to the Eagles (I'm convinced that came after McCoy called Gore and told him to stay away from Philly) to the desperate signing of Murray for more money than he was worth after nearly 500 touches with Dallas the season before, not to mention coming to an offense that clearly WASN'T suited to him. This has been a first class debacle that's going to cost the Birds big time.
    I'm going to feel bad for you (because you're one of the few Eagles fans I like) if Chip turns the Niners around in a couple years and the Eagles keep falling.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium