Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Roger Goodell was asked in his state of the NFL address why the NFL hasn't pursued charges that Peyton Manning was using PED's in 2012 and 2013 from a report. Someone brought up how it seems like the NFL isn't really at all pushing as a hard as they did for the Deflate Gate situation and how they went after Tom Brady last season.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Off-field issues never stopped Al Davis from bringing in all sorts of scoundrels and rapscalions when he ran the Raiders, and Jerrah already took a chance on Greg Hardy who's escapades make Manziel look like amateur night in Dixie. I think Jones is eager to have Johnny Football wear the star, probably as much for the publicity as what he could do on the field. As an Eagles fan, I'm hoping Manziel ends up in Dallas and trains wrecks the 'Boys big time.
    Everybody knows Jerry wants Johnny so he can be the one who will say "I SAVED Johnny!"

Yet you couldn't save all those other guys who he let do whatever they wanted like Greg Hardy.

It's funny-the guy with the issues will still sniff a job but the guy who behaved RG3 might be the one sitting at home next year.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Everybody knows Jerry wants Johnny so he can be the one who will say "I SAVED Johnny!"

Yet you couldn't save all those other guys who he let do whatever they wanted like Greg Hardy.

It's funny-the guy with the issues will still sniff a job but the guy who behaved RG3 might be the one sitting at home next year.

Manziel likely won't get much of a sniff. His ex-girlfriend was confirmed as being assaulted by him recently so , its not like many teams will be knocking down his door to offer him a contract. He also didn't wow on the field. I mean his stat line was posted on the last page in 8 games he started and its not worth the risk. A team will demand he go to rehab and stay outta trouble a year at least before he even gets a backup job.

RGIII will fair better than Manziel but he has a lot of issues on the field. His mechanics , foot work and all needs work. He showed problems last season and his speed to escape the blitz is gone. Whatever team signs him as a backup , is gonna have to have a QB coach spend time working with him.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Joe Montana details his sad state of health after a long NFL career. Montana claims he's had 3 neck fusion surgeries and he can no longer run due to his knee problems. And he's only 59 years old.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/201...lems?CMP=fb_us

The NFL has selected the 2016 NFL Hall of Fame. 8 players will be inducted and they are ....

Brett Farve
    Tony Dungy
    Kevin Greene
    Marvin Harrison
    Eddie DeBartolo Jr.
    Orlando Pace
    Ken Stabler
    Dick Stanfel

Snake should have been in years ago
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Kevin Greene finally gets in. And Owens does not. Good on both counts.

I know the voters say you should only look at how the player is at football, but for me that's not a plus for T.O., it's an indictment. The guy destroyed pretty much every locker room he has been in, and as far as I'm concerned, that's part of football. The guy who makes everyone around him less doesn't deserve to get in.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

No I'm sorry that's bs. T.O. is EASILY a top 5 WR of all time. He's probably closer to top 3. And certainly top 3 of the last 20-25 years. Nobody on that ballot was even close to him at their respective positions.

Harrison might have killed someone.
    Dungy is now one of the bottom tier coaches in the Hall.
    Favre dicked over the Packers and nearly every team he played with for his last 5 years. And he is not a top 5 QB the way T.O. is a top 5 WR.

The Hall of Fame did a disservice to itself by using personal matters to make T.O. wait. Once you make this thing about anything other than football, it starts becoming a subjective circle jerk. And it's why the baseball HOF is such a complete mess right now. T.O. not getting in is going to be the big story that overshadows this year. Which sucks.

Why should owners be in the HoF?

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    No I'm sorry that's bs. T.O. is EASILY a top 5 WR of all time. He's probably closer to top 3. And certainly top 3 of the last 20-25 years. Nobody on that ballot was even close to him at their respective positions.

Harrison might have killed someone.
    Dungy is now one of the bottom tier coaches in the Hall.
    Favre dicked over the Packers and nearly every team he played with for his last 5 years. And he is not a top 5 QB the way T.O. is a top 5 WR.

The Hall of Fame did a disservice to itself by using personal matters to make T.O. wait. Once you make this thing about anything other than football, it starts becoming a subjective circle jerk. And it's why the baseball HOF is such a complete mess right now. T.O. not getting in is going to be the big story that overshadows this year. Which sucks.
    I count what T.O. does to the FOOTBALL TEAM LOCKER ROOM as part of football. And he tends to destroy any dynamic inside of there.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    Some owners do a great job for the game and actually make teams become dynasties. In the case of Eddie DeBartlo Jr , he took a franchise that was pretty down and within a couple season his hiring of Bill Walsh and being a solid owner created the dynasty we saw. A few owners are in the Hall of Fame.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I count what T.O. does to the FOOTBALL TEAM LOCKER ROOM as part of football. And he tends to destroy any dynamic inside of there.
    And he's still one of the best WR's to ever play the game. There's Rice, then Moss, then T.O. Whatever he did in the locker room doesn't come close to taking away that he was far and away the most qualified player on the ballot.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    Because they are amongst the most influential people in football. Rooney, Mara, and Kraft probably did more for the game than any 3 people you can probably find in the Super Bowl era.

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

lancerman says strictly stats:

And he's still one of the best WR's to ever play the game. There's Rice, then Moss, then T.O. Whatever he did in the locker room doesn't come close to taking away that he was far and away the most qualified player on the ballot.
    Frankly, I would have a hard time voting for anyone I thought was an asshole. I'm sure others feel the same.
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Frankly, I would have a hard time voting for anyone I thought was an asshole. I'm sure others feel the same.
    Whatever. It's a sport HOF not a Pulitzer Prize. OJ is still in the Hall of Fame. Marvin Harrison and Ray Lewis both probably killed somebody and one is and the other will be in the HOF. A season ago Tony Dungy went off about how he didn't think a gay player (Michael Sam) would fit in the NFL. It's not about being a nice a guy. The fact is T.O. whatever you think of him was far and away the most qualified candidate by a country mile.

By this logic Kobe Bryant isn't a first ballot HOFamer. Nor should Lawrence Taylor have been. There are so many crappy players in he HOF because of some feel good story and then you have a legitimate top 5 of all time at his position and he isn't getting in. Put it this way of the current group of guys playing today, Brady, Manning, Gronk, and Watt would be the only players that legitimately would have a case of going in ahead of T.O. based off play on the field.

It's embarrassing for the Hall of Fame and it puts a shadow on this whole class.