Page 4 of 78 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

T.O will go in next season. They had a lot of players come up and to be fair Marvin Harrison , Orlando Pace and Kevin Greene waited a good many years to go in.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Pro Bowl needs to be scrapped. To the NFL and Goodell's credit, they tried. It wasn't working, so they tried some new things. And it still isn't working. Do something special for your all-pro players who have earned the honor; send them to Hawaii on your dime or something so they can just hang and vacation for a week, I dunno, but the Pro Bowl as an event is dead.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    Whatever. It's a sport HOF not a Pulitzer Prize. OJ is still in the Hall of Fame. Marvin Harrison and Ray Lewis both probably killed somebody and one is and the other will be in the HOF. A season ago Tony Dungy went off about how he didn't think a gay player (Michael Sam) would fit in the NFL. It's not about being a nice a guy. The fact is T.O. whatever you think of him was far and away the most qualified candidate by a country mile.
    And let's not forget how Favre intentionally laid down so Michael Strahan could get a sack everyone knows was bogus and set the record which ol' Gaptooth doesn't deserve.

By this logic Kobe Bryant isn't a first ballot HOFamer. Nor should Lawrence Taylor have been. There are so many crappy players in he HOF because of some feel good story and then you have a legitimate top 5 of all time at his position and he isn't getting in. Put it this way of the current group of guys playing today, Brady, Manning, Gronk, and Watt would be the only players that legitimately would have a case of going in ahead of T.O. based off play on the field.

It's embarrassing for the Hall of Fame and it puts a shadow on this whole class.
    And baseball's Hall of Fame is chock full is bad guys, sociopathic racists like Ty Cobb, unrepentant drunkards like Babe Ruth and Mickey Mantle and so forth and so on. While it's unlikely voters will reveal why they chose not to pick T.O., but if they did so because of his disruptive locker room antics, then I'll be sorely disappointed.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    T.O will go in next season. They had a lot of players come up and to be fair Marvin Harrison , Orlando Pace and Kevin Greene waited a good many years to go in.
    And that's the Hall of Fame's problem. That's like saying Peyton Manning shouldn't go in on year one because Warner's been waiting awhile.

BANNED

I think T.O. not getting in this year had a lot to do with his attitude and the coming receiver / tight end HoF problem. Over the next 5-8 years all the following either already are or will be up for induction: Tory Holt, Isaac Bruce, Terrell Owen, Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Randy Moss, Steve Smith, Tony Gonzalez, Antonio Gates, Jason Witten, Wes Welker, and maybe Larry Fitzgerald if he retires in the next three years. And I may have forgotten some, maybe Calvin Johnson depending on if he really retires and how voters view his shortened career.

No way does that whole list get in even though every one of them is top 10 or 20 all time in at least one if not multiple receiving categories. I think some voters might be already realizing that not all of them can get in and deciding who they will vote for to the exclusion of others.
    Last edited by JediMindTrick; 02-07-2016 at 05:33 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    And let's not forget how Favre intentionally laid down so Michael Strahan could get a sack everyone knows was bogus and set the record which ol' Gaptooth doesn't deserve.

And baseball's Hall of Fame is chock full is bad guys, sociopathic racists like Ty Cobb, unrepentant drunkards like Babe Ruth and Mickey Mantle and so forth and so on. While it's unlikely voters will reveal why they chose not to pick T.O., but if they did so because of his disruptive locker room antics, then I'll be sorely disappointed.
    Oh as far as Favre goes, let's not go into the circus every year after 2007 that his career turned into.

Point is, and I agree with you, we can play morality police with everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    I think T.O. not getting in this year had a lot to do with his attitude and the coming receiver / tight end HoF problem. Over the next 5-8 years all the following either already are or will be up for induction: Tory Holt, Isaac Bruce, Terrell Owen, Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Randy Moss, Steve Smith, Tony Gonzalez, Antonio Gates, Jason Witten, Wes Welker, and maybe Larry Fitzgerald if he retires in the next three years. And I may have forgotten some, maybe Calvin Johnson depending on if he really retires and how voters view his shortened career.

No way does that whole list get in even though every one of them is top 10 or 20 all time in at least one if not multiple receiving categories. I think some voters might be already realizing that not all of them can get in and deciding who they will vote for to the exclusion of others.
    I don't think Andrew Johnson, Reggie Wayne, or Welker will make it in. I might also include Antonio Gates in that crowd as well. Holt and Bruce I can't really speak to, but I think Steve Smith, Moss, Fitz, Witten and T.O will definitely make it in at some point. However, there is a difference between the NFL Hall of Fame and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. People aren't really doing new and exciting things in Rock and Roll anymore, so now the HOF has to go for quality bands, but second tier quality bands. For the NFL Hall of Fame, there are probably at least 7 Hall of Fame worthy players at every position at any given time. Some of them are probably going to be passed over and while history may correct itself and they get in later, it's a lot less likely.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    I don't think Andrew Johnson, Reggie Wayne, or Welker will make it in. I might also include Antonio Gates in that crowd as well. Holt and Bruce I can't really speak to, but I think Steve Smith, Moss, Fitz, Witten and T.O will definitely make it in at some point. However, there is a difference between the NFL Hall of Fame and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. People aren't really doing new and exciting things in Rock and Roll anymore, so now the HOF has to go for quality bands, but second tier quality bands. For the NFL Hall of Fame, there are probably at least 7 Hall of Fame worthy players at every position at any given time. Some of them are probably going to be passed over and while history may correct itself and they get in later, it's a lot less likely.
    Steve Smith hasn't retired yet and its a 5 year wait. He claims he's gonna return next season so he will be eligible in 2021. Witten will go in the mid 2020's when he;s allowed to.

If this Andrew Johnson is "Andre Johnson" the WR from the Texans and Colts , then yeah ...he should make it in. Johnson hasn't retired yet and likely will play a couple more seasons if he can. Johnson is 9th on the career yards list (he can pass Reggie Wayne next season as he's close) . He's also 8th in career receptions list (he can pass Wayne for 7th as he's close to that as well) . What is amazing is Johnson did this on a lot of terrible Texans teams his career. Also the fact Johnson missed 22 games due to injuries (he lost a majority of 2007 and 2011 seasons) so his numbers likely would have been top 5 had he played then.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Got an alert on my phone from Bleacher Report saying my Eagles aren't too terribly keen on franchising Sam Bradford and, according to rumor, might, and I repeat, might by interested in trading for----wait for it----Nick Foles. Seriously scratching my head over that.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

And that's the Hall of Fame's problem. That's like saying Peyton Manning shouldn't go in on year one because Warner's been waiting awhile.
    Peyton shouldnt he chokes in the Postseason.

Joe Montana details his sad state of health after a long NFL career. Montana claims he's had 3 neck fusion surgeries and he can no longer run due to his knee problems. And he's only 59 years old.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/201...lems?CMP=fb_us

I don't doubt it. He looks like he can barely walk in those Papa John's ads.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Peyton shouldnt he chokes in the Postseason.
    Please tell me you're joking.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Shouldnt be first ballot. He should get in eventually but first ballot hell no neither should Kurt.

BANNED

T.O. didn't even make the top 10 and reports were that they had a 40 minute discussion on whether he was "worthy" of the Hall of Fame.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Shouldnt be first ballot. He should get in eventually but first ballot hell no neither should Kurt.
    Wow. His playoff struggles don't even come remotely close to overshadowing his incredible career. It doesn't get anymore automatic than Peyton Manning. If he's not a first ballot HOF'er, no one is.

Not even this hall of fame panel, as stupid as they are, is that stupid.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-07-2016 at 03:21 PM.