Page 6 of 78 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Marshawn Lynch has seemingly announced his retirement in his way. On twitter he posted a picture of his cleats hanging from a telephone line , suggesting he was hanging it up for good.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ch-just-retire
    Sadly for Lynch his body was banged up this past season even though he turns 30 this season , his body has over 12,000+ yards already and its bound to haven taken a toll .
    There's sort of an unspoken rule about a team making an announcement about coaching hires, or players announcing anything like this on the weekend of the Super Bowl, to not steal the thunder of the game.

For an egomaniac like Lynch, it doesn't surprise me that he'd break that rule.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Eagles release Riley Cooper, #1 Kenny Chesney fan...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14...gles-6-seasons

-M

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    There's sort of an unspoken rule about a team making an announcement about coaching hires, or players announcing anything like this on the weekend of the Super Bowl, to not steal the thunder of the game.

All about that action boss
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

egomaniac?

lynch?

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    egomaniac?

lynch?
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post

-M

That's about 3 seasons overdue. Unless Chip Kelly is actually as racist as some ex-players claim, and was keeping a mediocre receiver for some other reason...
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

-M
    So long, Riley Racist! Best news I've heard all day!

That's about 3 seasons overdue. Unless Chip Kelly is actually as racist as some ex-players claim, and was keeping a mediocre receiver for some other reason...
    One of Kelly's philosophies was, "Big people beat up little people", at 6-4, Cooper excelled (said with tongue in cheek) in the blocking department, otherwise, he was a waste. His one and only good season came when Desean Jackson was still with the Birds and teams double teamed him, leaving Cooper open to pick up catches. Once Jackson was cut two years ago, Cooper's production left town with him. I damn sure won't miss Cooper who landed firmly on my personal shit list after that Kenny Chesney concert and never left.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Maybe Riley can catch on in SF with Chip!

-M

Maybe Riley can catch on in SF with Chip!

-M
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if that happens. I really wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if that happens. I really wouldn't.
    That he goes or catches fire?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I hope Ware goes back to Dallas on a 2 yr deal now that he has a SB ring
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

I'm hoping we don't add to our collection of white pass-catchers. Hate having someone on the team I actively root against.

Fantastic Member

Denver has 25 free agents including: Von Miller Super Bowl MVP LB, Brock Osweilier - back up QB, Brian McManus - kicker, Malik Jackson, Ronnie Harmon - RB, CJ Anderson RB, David Travethon - LB, Brandon Marshall - LB.

I think Peyton retires.
    And Denver also has a bit of an issue where Demarius Thomas, starting WR, disappears in big games as he did in the AFC championship game and Super Bowl.

BANNED

Von Miller will get the franchise if they can't figure out money (and if for no other reason, they ought to pressure Peyton to retire so they have the money for a big-money deal) and it'll be a damned steal for them. He's priority #1.

I wouldn't worry about Thomas, he needs someone to throw it down the field consistently and Peyton can't do that. Give him a season to gel with Brock (or whoever) and he'll be fine.

I agree it's pretty much a given the Broncos will franchise Miller, then try to sign Osweiler to a new deal. Should Peyton hangs up his cleats (I'm guessing he won't make his decision until after the victory parade at the earliest), the Broncs will need to find out if the kid can be their QB of the future. But, if Manning gets the itch to play one more season, that could set back Osweiler's development. I guess.