Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Your Expectation and Wish List for REBIRTH: SHAZAM!

What do you think a rebirth series will entail, and what do you want from a rebirth series featuring the World's Mightiest Mortal?

What I expect DC will do: still call Billy Batson's hero guise "Shazam".
    What I want DC to do: I want the kids (Billy, Mary, Blond Freddy, Pedro, Darla and Eugene) to be the "Marvel Family", bring back the Lt. Marvels, but as depicted in "Thunderworld Adventures" (led by Uncle Marvel), have Billy begin his training as a magic user (if he is to be the "new" Shazam, which is a title that guardians of the Rock of Eternity have), and just be used more often other than window dressing.

IMO, of course.

I don't think Cap will actually get the Rebirth treatment. I think it's more likely he (and the rest of the Shazam foster kids) will get a continuation of Johns and Frank's New 52 origin story (once Frank is done drawing Batman Earth One Volume 3). It is such a great set up story, and it was left on a great cliffhanger with Dr. Sivana meeting Mr. Mind. It finished over 2 years ago (!!) and fans have been clamouring for a follow up ever since. That story needs to be continued.
    If DC's Rebirth has anything at all to do with the multiverse, I would love to see Thunderworld involved in a big way. However, I strongly doubt DC would ever have an ongoing Earth 5 Captain Marvel series as it is not in line with the property's name rebranding, which they might think is important for the upcoming Shazam movie.

I expect a continuation of the Shazam origin that Johns wrote, and Im quite fine with that given how wonderful the story was.

However, when that story ended it had set Billy up to grow as a person and move closer to the Billy of yesteryear and that character arc seems largely ignored, though he's far from the brat some claim him to be. So really, the only change I want to see is Billy acting as if he still remembered the lessons he learned in those backups. Other than that? Just keep it going.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Expectation is no major changes, but wish would be the return of the Earth-S concept. I liked the idea of Captain Marvel/Shazam being the WORLD'S MIGHTIEST MORTAL, which is a tough title for Cap/Marvel to hold as long as he shares a world with Superman.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

My wish-list: To see other Fawcett superheroes folded into his universe. It might be a stretch, but I believe it should happen.

I predict that Johns will leave Justice League for Shazam this year.

For a captain marvel reboot, I would follow more the Hercules model and get rid of the silly shout. Can also revamp the other fawcett heroes. For the first issue of captain marvel, I would like to see captain marvel beating up superman. Captain marvel should make superman bleed.

BANNED

I could see it happening and can't wait he's having a film a bit down the road but I'd assume DC would start the hype train for it. I'd really love if Rebirth did something with Black Adam though who I'm really wanting to see get a book.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    My wish-list: To see other Fawcett superheroes folded into his universe. It might be a stretch, but I believe it should happen.

I predict that Johns will leave Justice League for Shazam this year.
    Can't see that happening Johns is the event guy and JL is now the machine at the center of the DCU (where it was suppose to be) but i can see him finally returning to multiple books.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    For a captain marvel reboot, I would follow more the Hercules model and get rid of the silly shout. Can also revamp the other fawcett heroes. For the first issue of captain marvel, I would like to see captain marvel beating up superman. Captain marvel should make superman bleed.
    What's silly about the shout?
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    What do you think a rebirth series will entail, and what do you want from a rebirth series featuring the World's Mightiest Mortal?

What I expect DC will do: still call Billy Batson's hero guise "Shazam".
    What I want DC to do: I want the kids (Billy, Mary, Blond Freddy, Pedro, Darla and Eugene) to be the "Marvel Family", bring back the Lt. Marvels, but as depicted in "Thunderworld Adventures" (led by Uncle Marvel), have Billy begin his training as a magic user (if he is to be the "new" Shazam, which is a title that guardians of the Rock of Eternity have), and just be used more often other than window dressing.

IMO, of course.
    I totally agree. We’ve missed these characters for too long.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    What's silly about the shout?
    Personally love the shout in translates really well in media. When Black Adam did it in the DCUO trailer I got chills about how badass it was.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Personally love the shout in translates really well in media. When Black Adam did it in the DCUO trailer I got chills about how badass it was.
    I know right

Astonishing Member

freddy needs to lose the blonde hair. guy inspired elvis, get his hair back

Billy really needs some love.

BANNED

I'm kind of losing hope about a Shazam/Cap. Marvel ongoing... specially if he doesn't get one with this relaunch. :/