Spectacular Member

Default Does anyone else think Sinestro is wrapping up

I'm starting to think this title will not last past rebirth.

1. If the main title gets a new team I would think that they would relaunch fresh by canceling all the other titles.
    2. Bunns DC work has all but gone away, hasn't it?
    3. I'm surprised it has lasted this long. Although it is a great book, I can't imagine sales are too strong.

If it does get cancelled I will be sad. It kinda feels like the last remnant of Johns run.

Mighty Member

I have a feeling it's wrapping up too. The current artist Brad Walker has said he's working on a new project soon and is presumably off Sinestro, so that's not a great sign either.

I really enjoy the book so I hope it sticks around.

Well Lobo ended , And Guess Whose writing All the Xmen books at Marvel. Its an Awesome Villain team book , Maybe a title Change to Sinestro Corps that way people know its not just him. Because I didnt get aboard till the Lobo Crossover, if it does go, I'd hope the Rebirth gives us at least A Red or Yellow Lantern book.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

While I've enjoyed every minute of it, I always assumed this would be a finite series. I'd rather they let Bunn wrap it up however he intends to than try to crank out more issues with rotating/fill in teams (cuz let's face it, there's probably not a long line of creators waiting to work on Sinestro).
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

How many issues has this gone?
    Could it all be collected into a Deluxe size edition? Especially if it tells one larger story. I'd be curious to pick it up then. Monthly I just couldn't swing it.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Yeah, regrettably it looks like it's on the way out. Certainly when you factor in the way that Bunn's tenure at DC has panned out.

It's certainly managed to last a lot longer than I anticipated though. Still.....shame......

Extraordinary Member

I sure hope not. I've been loving Bunn's take on my favorite villain. But if it is ending soon, I really hope Bunn gets some new work at DC soon. He's a talented writer. His Lobo and Aquaman weren't well-received, but he certainly is a name that DC should always have on their roster of creators.

Its been a good run but I think a lot of books or almost everything ongoing is going to be wrapping up with this whole rebirth thing. But I am hoping that we get something focusing on a corps outside of green after the relaunch.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales