Astonishing Member

Default Battleworld's suspictions (Spoilers?)

I don't know if I should have started this thread in "Marvel Comics" better, but I'm simply starting it where I think it could have more attention.

Those who have read "Contest of Champions" probably know now that Battleworld wasn't destroyed after Secret Wars, or at least, not completely. Until now, we know some of the domains have been removed to restore old realities or something else. We can guess that includes the inhabitants of those domains. At least for now, we have these confirmations:
    + Manhattan: This is the most important one, the one used to recreate the main reality of ANAM. It has included the reconstruction of most of its parts. That includes Attilan, Monster Metropolis, the Manhattan from Earth-616 and parts of Manhattan from Earth-1610. However, some ruins remains from this domain in Battleworld, naming now the domain as "Ultimate End; and its arena is called "Manhattan-Earth 61610". This is clearly what it's left of Ultimate Universe, with some influences of its short coexistence with Marvel's Earth-616.
    + Weirdworld: It's clear that Weirdworld has been removed from Battleworld and now exist on Earth-616. However, it seems its strong source of magic has turned into something more than just a "floating island". It seems it has become a whole "twin planet", existing aside from Earth. It could be like one of the Nine Asgardian Realms. This Weirdworld seems also a "patchworked" world of several realities, merged together. For now, we know it has Thundra's reality, the world of Arkon (Polemachus), the original Weirdworld, the world of Crystar and several others.
    + Westchester: The reality of the X-Men from the 90's animated series seems to have been restored too. I hope this reality would include the other Marvel series from that era, like Spider-Man's one.

However, it seems that while other domains stayed in Battleworld, some of their inhabitants have managed to escape from it, either existing in the new Main Marvel or influencing in its existence. I would say that their realities have been officially destroyed, and all that's left are these pieces that remain as Battleworld's domains. Let's see which ones of them:
    + 2099: Roberta Mendez, Captain America from the future, has escaped and she's now on Earth-616; where he found Miguel O'Hara too. It seems her escape has something to do with Reed Richards and his family.
    + The Regency: The Regent, along with his hechmen and his company, has also escaped and they now exist in the current Earth-616. I would dare to say that its Prowler and Mockingbird escaped too and merged with their counterparts, since their roles alongside Spider-Man look like a lot to what they were doing here.
    + Utopolis: I'll say that some of the members of the Squadron Supreme could have escaped from here too. I mean, we have the Nighthawk from the Supremia's province, and Blur from the Nutopia's province (territory of New Universe).
    + The Wastelands: Clearly, the Old Man Logan we have in Main Marvel escaped from here.

We should consider which other domains have been restored. I have several candidates thanks to one of them in particular. Let's see:
    + Knowhere: Very likely, as part of Marvel's cosmos. And we already know that some of its characters, like Yotat the Destroyer, have survived.
    + Negative Zone: As an important part of the cosmos too, we can guess it was restored too.
    + Arachnia: This one has the key for the restoration of several of the domains. As you know, the Web Warriors were trapped in this domain, and they have kept somehow a copy of the Web of Life and Destiny inside of them. I suppose that knowledge was used then to restore most of the realities seen on "Spider-Verse" after Secret Wars ended. That should included the worlds of their members, which would include Araña's Earth-616 (confirmed), Spider-Gwen's reality (confirmed), Spider-Noir (which would remove the unlocated domain of Old Town), Spider-Ham's reality and Spider-India's reality. Spider-UK's reality would surely remain destroyed because it was destroyed before Secret Wars started. Which other domains should have been restored with the Web of Life? Let's see:
    - Egyptia: It's Spider-Man was killed in Spider-verse, but his world could be now restored.
    - MC2: Confirmed (thank goodness), considering the big role of Mayday in Spider-Verse.
    - Valley of Doom: Red Wolf has survived, as it's very possible that this world was the reality of the "Spider-Cowboy" we saw in Spider-Verse. They should remove the "Doom" part, however.
    - Arachnia: The reality of this domain should have been restored too.
    - The Wastelands: I have doubts about this one. I believe it has more potential now as Domain than as a reality.

Well, the point of this is that, I have a suspiction. I haven't seen any proof in "Contest of Champions" yet, but I do believe Battleworld is not just a "empty planet" now. I do believe several of its inhabitants are still trapped in this planet, trying to survive in this nightmarish place without any kind of control or order. So, I do believe we will see an adventure where several heroes from the Main Marvel reality will try to rescue the innocents that are still trapped here. My suspictions:
    + Ultimate End: I really want to believe that several characters from Ultimate Marvel are still here, those that we haven't seen yet confirmed on ANAD Marvel.
    + Utopolis: You can bet on all that the members of the Squadron Supreme won't doubt into doing anything to rescue what it's left of their destroyed worlds. Nighthawk and Blur will surely have the determination, and they could also rescue some characters from the other provinces.
    + The Rengency: I really want to believe that the Spider-Marriage of Peter and MJ, and their daughter Annie Parker, are still alive here.

I have more to comment, but this is already too long. I'll continue after some answers.

Egyptia was confirmed for being restored back in Web Warrior #1. It's where Mayday and Gwen went to have lunch after the training exercise.

Astonishing Member

Thanks a ton for the info, Kurolegacy. I just checked that Marvel 1602 (King James' England) was restored too in the introduction of the Web Warriors on "Amazing Spider-Man #1". So, this could really proof that the realities we saw in "Spider-Verse" has been restored thanks to the Web Warriors.

Next issue of "Contest of Champions" (issue #6) will explain how the Contest started and how Battleworld survived. I hope it will show a map with the surviving territories. In the meantime, I'm checkin more datas of the domains. I personally suspects that the Wastelands (Old Man Logan) weren't restored, because I don't think Old Logan will be happy with it.

Mighty Member

I should check out Contest of Champions. From the posts it sounds like it will deal with the fall out from Secret wars and Battleworld

Astonishing Member

You know?, I just thought about an interesting twist in this whole thing. The Collector and the Grandmaster could actually keep Battleworld/realm, but with an interesting twist. Many of the realities used on Battleworld were practically "dystopian future worlds", which I can guess noone will really care to restore. So, these horrible realities could remain destroyed and erased from the timeline, leaving a whole new world of possibilites in Marvel's future. Their remains (and some of their inhabitants) would stay as part of Battleworld, as pawns for The Collector and the Grandmaster.

Basically, the barons of the remaining domains would be Marvel's most terrible villains, trapped here as punishment for their crimes. Doomed to battle each other for all eternity. We could still see other characters being summoned to this place, but to keep profiles low, Mr Sinister from Bar Sinister will be especially tasked with cloning each of these characters the Collector and/or the Grandmaster would like to use.

Of course, there will still be innocents trapped in these domains, so the heroes will form somekind of "third side" in the conflict to rescue whatever is left to save here. I can even have some ideas:
    + Miguel O'Hara and Roberta Mendez could be involved trying to save the 2099 from Battleworld. It would be interesting if they managed to switch this 2099 with the destroyed 2099 that Miguel has been trying to return.
    + It would be interesting if several of the domains "erased" from Battleworld are replaced by the remains of other "unpleasant" realities. For the time being, we already know Weirdworld, Egyptia and Westchester have been removed. To replace them, they could use realities like "Heroes Reborn" or the "Heroes Return" of Morgan Le Fay.

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    You know?, I just thought about an interesting twist in this whole thing. The Collector and the Grandmaster could actually keep Battleworld/realm, but with an interesting twist. Many of the realities used on Battleworld were practically "dystopian future worlds", which I can guess noone will really care to restore. So, these horrible realities could remain destroyed and erased from the timeline, leaving a whole new world of possibilites in Marvel's future. Their remains (and some of their inhabitants) would stay as part of Battleworld, as pawns for The Collector and the Grandmaster.

Basically, the barons of the remaining domains would be Marvel's most terrible villains, trapped here as punishment for their crimes. Doomed to battle each other for all eternity. We could still see other characters being summoned to this place, but to keep profiles low, Mr Sinister from Bar Sinister will be especially tasked with cloning each of these characters the Collector and/or the Grandmaster would like to use.

Of course, there will still be innocents trapped in these domains, so the heroes will form somekind of "third side" in the conflict to rescue whatever is left to save here. I can even have some ideas:
    + Miguel O'Hara and Roberta Mendez could be involved trying to save the 2099 from Battleworld. It would be interesting if they managed to switch this 2099 with the destroyed 2099 that Miguel has been trying to return.
    + It would be interesting if several of the domains "erased" from Battleworld are replaced by the remains of other "unpleasant" realities. For the time being, we already know Weirdworld, Egyptia and Westchester have been removed. To replace them, they could use realities like "Heroes Reborn" or the "Heroes Return" of Morgan Le Fay.

What do you think?
    Not sure how this will play out, but I do like these ideas. This book has been one of my surprise ANAD favs so far. Can't wait till the Ultimates show up.

Astonishing Member

I'm glad you like my ideas, Frizb. Just imagine this potential story for the Contest of Champions. Do you remember "Marvel Zombies va Age of Ultron"? Well, how about "House of M vs Days of Future Past"? You can't deny the possibility of these two domains fighting each other is quite interesting.