Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

When I was in Hawaii I remember a LCS that was close to Ala Moana. I don't remember the name, but it was a great collection and nice friendly staff.

More locally, the one I would go to most as LCS was Blister in Tokyo.

Nowadays I would purchase through the exchange service on Okinawa.

I just got back from my local thrift store where I was able to find some DC animated movies, a like new copy of the book Superheroes and Philosophy, and some PC games (batman Vengance, Alpha Protocol, an Dragon Age 2) for a buck each.

Quote Originally Posted by Penoy View Post
    There are still some of us who support our local comic shops right?
    I travel a lot and when im on a different city I make an effort to drop by comic shops (schedule permitting) to check out what's one their shelves.
    Recently, I found a Batwoman: Elegy deluxe edition at a shop in Spokane, WA on their used section. Book was in great shape for a great price. Needles to say the find made the trip for me.

Anybody else have/do something similar?
    I bet it was "The Comic Book Shop" on Division! I used to go there all the time!

Their "used" rack always has great stuff...my greatest find was a Hardcover 1st printing of "The Dark Knight" by Frank Miller. The dustjacket does NOT say "Dark Knight Returns", nor does the title page (although that is what this book is). It's also autographed on the inside first page by Miller and is #34 of however many he signed (don't have it in front of me, but I think it was only 500 or something). Got it for $10, and after I paid for it I asked the guy what it was; he was pretty angry that someone took it in & put it on the used shelf without checking it out first.

I've never seen another edition like it.

Edit: I was wrong, it's #32 out of 4,000. Here's one I just saw on ebay, just like mine (this is NOT my listing). http://www.ebay.com/itm/321443638486
    Last edited by Clark_Kent; 07-08-2014 at 03:20 PM.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

The Comic Book Shop! You're right! If I land here again and the Moore Superman is still there, im getting it.

Spectacular Member Whenitmatters's Avatar

At my LCS i purchased a copy of The Life and Times of Martha Washington in the 21st century sealed Slipcased Hardcover Edition for cover price.

I got a cover price Devil Dinosaur omnibus earlier this year.
    Also, online I got the xmen omnibus v1 from Amazon JP about a year ago. They had one in stock.

The only other was a copy of the Ennis Punisher omnibus. I found d it at an online bookshop I use for $100. Then when I was preparing my order I got their newsletter. With a $10 voucher.

I found emerald twilight for 10 bucks at half price books

Amazing Member

Last week:
    Marvel Masterworks Dr Strange vol 1 for cover price

All-New Member

Do you mind revealing the online bookshop you used to find that Punisher omnibus?

I got a nice Swamp Thing statue for cheap, got Age of Apocalypse and Untold Tales of Spider-Man omnibus for 25 dollars a piece.

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

I've never really anything exceptional, really. In Forbidden Planet in the past, I've found cheap hardcovers like Mythos and The New Deal for £10, and out of print stuff like X-Men: Vignettes, X-Men: Children of the Atom, etc.

What I did find today, however, is a bargain book store in Coventry ("closing down", as the sign said outside), and to my surprise, as someone has only ever found worthless mediocrity in bargain book stores, they had two full bookcases of Marvel books, ranging from £5.99 to £7.99, with everything from Anita Blake, The Dark Tower, Jason Aaron's Incredible Hulk, Kieron Gillen's Uncanny X-Men, Jurgen's Cap, Kick-Ass, Avengers: The Origin, some Season One books, Nova Classic vol. 1 and so on, along with some Premiere Classic books: Return of the Burglar, Beauty and the Beast, a West Coast Avengers volume, even a MM: Ka-Zar HC (£25) and other assorted stuff. I came out spending a little over £20 on the Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Comics Magazine OHC, MM: Uncanny X-Men vol. 2 and Return of the Burglar. Generally the condition is fine; the HC are immaculate aside from a small bit of pen on the top of the pages, only visible when the book is closed. The TPBs are a little worse for wear (the MM: UXM book had a small tear, some damaged edges on the cover and a sticker inside which, although easily removable, left a remnant, but then my copy of v1 I got from Amazon isn't perfect either.) Great for reading copies, although if you care more for the display then it's best to look elsewhere.