Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Your best LCS find

There are still some of us who support our local comic shops right?
    I travel a lot and when im on a different city I make an effort to drop by comic shops (schedule permitting) to check out what's one their shelves.
    Recently, I found a Batwoman: Elegy deluxe edition at a shop in Spokane, WA on their used section. Book was in great shape for a great price. Needles to say the find made the trip for me.

Anybody else have/do something similar?

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

There aren't many LCS' s in Holland (lucky to have one close by) soI don't often visit other comic book shops. But I've found some nice things at my shop like the Best of Wolverine hc a few weeks back at cover price
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

About a year ago, I was in Los Angeles and had time to stop by and check out Golden Apple Comics in Hollywood. I didn't find as much as I had hoped, but I was excited to stumble across Alien: The Illustrated Story, in pretty good condition and for a great price. Snatched it up.

Two years ago, around the time I was just getting back into comics, I was browsing my LCS's stock of DC TPBs, and there I found Batman: No Man's Land, Vol. 3. At that point, I had 1, 2, 4 and 5, but 3 was apparently out-of-print, and every copy I found online was going for a ridiculous price. Yet, here was a single copy in the back corner of my LCS going for the cover price. I grabbed it immediately.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

LCS-s are virtually non existent around here but when I was on holliday in the UK I found a brand new Batman RIP deluxe last fall in Southend-on-sea at the Ace comic shop, and a year before I bought some second hand books for fairly cheap in Brighton at Dave's comic shop. (all 12 or 13 JSA trades, Eternals ohc still in shrinkwrap).

My lcs has a bunch of preacher and ex machina hardcovers selling for msrp. Also I recently found a guy on kijiji selling JLA vol. 2 HC for $15.

LCS here had Gotham Central v1 HC and War of Kings OHC for retail. Another one a bit further away had a Brubaker Daredevil v1 Omnibus.

Best find was when I was in Aus on holiday wandering into LCSs looking for Daredevil Omnibuses and getting the Miller DD Omni and Companion for under cover. Pretty happy with my LCS finds considering how scarce the actual shops are.

starman vol 2 brand new for 10% off and batwoman: elegy used at cover price.
    formerly 'weeks'

Got absolute rebirth for 33 and absolute blackest night for 55 lol.
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

I haven't found any deals in any Los Angeles based LCS, but thanks to a member on these forums I found a signed copy of The Punisher by Ennis at the Comic's Outpost. I contacted them and they were more than willing to ship the book out to me for cover price late last year.

Incredible Member

About three months ago I decided to bite the bullet and upgrade my old Starman TPBs to the hardcover omnibuses. Then I found out how hard volume 3 is to find, due to being out of print and DC discontinuing the softcover omnibuses after volume 2. I went to a local LCS just on a regular visit, scanned the shelves, and lo and behold, there were sealed copies of the first three hardcover volumes!

I bought volume 3 for cover price intending to keep it, but then ultimately purchased all six volumes signed by James Robinson for $200 in an eBay auction. So I sold the still-sealed copy of volume 3 on eBay last week for $146. Nearly 200% profit, not too bad. Too bad the first two volumes aren't as scarce, I'm pretty sure they're still there.

There's no proper comic book shops in my country, so when I found a Spanish Maus Hardcover Edition at 30% off in a library, I couldn't resist.

The world needs bad men RedNave's Avatar

Gotham Central Vol.2 HC
    League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Vol.1 Absolute

The Legion of Super-Heroes Mayfair RPG Guide.

LCS? They don't exist around here.

Extraordinary Member

Spider-Woman #1 for 0.50p!