View Poll Results: Who do you want to win?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batman

4 33.33%
  • Superman

8 66.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

Default Who do you want to win? Batman or Superman?

Brain VS. Brawn, The Dark Knight VS, The Man of Steel. Who do you want to win? Personally I think Batman is going to win because he usually does in the comics.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

Batman doesn't usually win in the comics. He usually survives just long enough to break Superman out of whatever spell or hypnosis he's under that made him attack in the first place. Sometimes Batman's heart gives out or he has to go to the hospital afterwards. Whereas Superman comes off as pretty much unscathed afterwards. Judging by the previews, things probably won't work in Batman's favor this time, either.

BANNED

Can't they both just run into each other really hard, knocking both of them out, some they're both winners and losers?

Incredible Member

Everyone knows they're going to fight until they realize they should be friends. No winner, no loser.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    Everyone knows they're going to fight until they realize they should be friends. No winner, no loser.
    There could be a winner. But yeah, I doubt Batman vs Superman is doing to be about them fighting, that Doomsday trailer gave me the feeling it's going to be done with that by the end of the first act.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Bizarro. And then the NotYetJusticeLeague.

Astonishing Member

But a Batman and Superman comic in front of me and I'll read Batman first.

However--I'm tired of Batman even putting up a fight. Superman isn't an idiot either--he should squash Batman like a bug. A BUG!!!!

Wonder Woman.

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Batman doesn't usually win in the comics. He usually survives just long enough to break Superman out of whatever spell or hypnosis he's under that made him attack in the first place. Sometimes Batman's heart gives out or he has to go to the hospital afterwards. Whereas Superman comes off as pretty much unscathed afterwards. Judging by the previews, things probably won't work in Batman's favor this time, either.
    I disagree. Batman told Superman that he won in the Dark Knight Returns, and Superman had the bruises to prove it. Also in Batman: Hush, Batman beat Superman with a large amount of electricity when he was under Poison Ivy's control.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

BANNED

I would really like for them not to fight. After the way the fight was staged in Man of steel, hard to see how even Batman gets in as much as the first blow, given how fast they moved
    Last edited by AJBopp; 02-02-2016 at 08:23 PM.

BANNED

I like how when I watch videos on YouTube of old people and Koreans reacting to the treailer, they seem confused as to why they're fighting. "They're superheroes, why are Batman and Superman fighting?" they say, seeming perplexed about the basic idea of the movie. And it's a pretty good question. I doubt most people that have wanted to see these two characters meet on the big screen really want to see them punching each other the first time they met.

Hey, your non-comic book reading mom or dad (or grandparents) may have loved the old Superman and Batman tv shows, and Superman movies (maybe even the only Superman radio show) when they were younger. Now they get what they alway wanted, them finally coming together to punch each other in the face as Batman tells Superman he'll bleed.

BANNED

Wonder Woman.

BANNED

Neither. I want us to win with a good film. Keeping fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman#22 View Post
    I disagree. Batman told Superman that he won in the Dark Knight Returns, and Superman had the bruises to prove it. Also in Batman: Hush, Batman beat Superman with a large amount of electricity when he was under Poison Ivy's control.
    Batman won in DKR by having it look like Superman killed him, so he won the game he was playing but lost the fight (although he probably could've killed him with a different use of kryptonite). Did he actually shock Superman into unconsciousness in Hush or shock him out of Ivy's control? It's been a while since I've read that (and I do remember Batman practically breaking his hand punching Superman, even with kryptonite). In "Sacrifice", Superman had no idea he was fighting Batman and beat the crap out of him. In the New Frontier sequel, Batman throws everything he has at Superman but doesn't manage to knock him out. Can't remember any other comic battles ("Tower of Babel" doesn't really count), but on The Batman, it was a case of Lex Luthor and Poison Ivy mind-controlling Superman and Batman having to snap him out of it. On Batman the Brave and the Bold, Superman was under the influence of red kryptonite and Batman had to wait it out and nearly got his head crushed. Throw in Batman Beyond and a Starro-controlled Superman heat-visioned the Batmobile's wing off and Terry's kryptonite tactic failed, although he was eventually able to free Superman and the rest of the JLU.

My point is, kryptonite fails a lot of the time and a Superman under his own power should be able to beat Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    I like how when I watch videos on YouTube of old people and Koreans reacting to the treailer, they seem confused as to why they're fighting. "They're superheroes, why are Batman and Superman fighting?" they say, seeming perplexed about the basic idea of the movie. And it's a pretty good question. I doubt most people that have wanted to see these two characters meet on the big screen really want to see them punching each other the first time they met.
    I don't want them to fight either, but punching each other is how superheroes say hello. Been that way for a while.

Amazing Member

Wonder Woman.

Or I would like for Batman to ineffectually wail on Superman while Superman sighs, rolls his eyes and then pats him condescendingly on the head before flying away because he has better things to do than be the target for an aggressively sad man's hissy fit.