Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

No he is not! Berganza was always a DC man. He worked up to his current position from being Kevin Dooley's assistant in the 90s.

The people from Marvel are people like Harras and Bobbi Chase (and prior to Burbank Matt Idelson).
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 02-08-2016 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    No he is not! Berganza was always a DC man. He worked up to his current position from being Kevin Dooley's assistant in the 90s.

The people from Marvel are people like Harras and Bobbi Chase (and prior to Burbank Matt Idelson).

My bad dude. It was just a mistake.

Time to keep the rumor mill spilling:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/02/...ongoing-comic/

Marguerite Bennett seems to be slated as the new Wonder Woman (bi-weekly) writer. Not quite as "glamourous" as I thought, but she's done some good work with Bombshells, so this could pay off if DC can groom her into a big time writer.

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post

Marguerite Bennett seems to be slated as the new Wonder Woman (bi-weekly) writer. Not quite as "glamourous" as I thought, but she's done some good work with Bombshells, so this could pay off if DC can groom her into a big time writer.
    I've heard nothing but good things about Bennett and her work, and it would be interesting to see her on a really big title like Wonder Woman and how she would handle a bi-weekly series.

But the real victory here would be that the Finches are finally gone .

BANNED

She's writing Angela: Queen of Hel, which I haven't started reading yet, but looks good from the little I've seen of it.

Not the best choice they could have gone with, but she should be good and there's no way she can be worse than the Finch run.

All-New Member

So Snyder isn't writing Wonder Woman. I'm guessing he writes new Superman title, Man of Steel, with Capulo on second arc, continues to coordinate with Tomasi doing Superman book.

Quote Originally Posted by Compson View Post
    So Snyder isn't writing Wonder Woman. I'm guessing he writes new Superman title, Man of Steel, with Capulo on second arc, continues to coordinate with Tomasi doing Superman book.
    Or maybe the Trinity book? But the Superman line needs some big writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I've heard nothing but good things about Bennett and her work, and it would be interesting to see her on a really big title like Wonder Woman and how she would handle a bi-weekly series.

But the real victory here would be that the Finches are finally gone .
    Bruh don't do that, Bennett penned Earth 2 and World's End, but her work's seem good enough so who knows.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I'm not sure about Bennett on a Wonder Woman that runs twice a month. She was involved in that mess with World's End and so I count her as being a part of the debacle there and though DC Bombshells is a weekly book it's shorter page-wise then a full comic is. I hope she's a good fit for WW but I have some doubts.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Bruh don't do that, Bennett penned Earth 2 and World's End, but her work's seem good enough so who knows.
    Wait, she was!? Holy crud, I did not know that. Pretty bad spot on her record in terms of DC work .

Though, frankly, after Robinson it seems like Abnett's the only writer the Earth-2 title has brought the best out of.
    Last edited by Frontier; 02-15-2016 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Can't blame her for what happens on a weekly. She's working off of someone else's script.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Can't blame her for what happens on a weekly. She's working off of someone else's script.
    It was an editorially mandated event with an editorially mandated plot with an editorially mandated end point. Then the lead writer jumped ship. World's End was a mess but the only people I blame for that debacle is DC's editorial staff.

We're already getting some of the Titans' history back and the JSA is supposedly returning (hopefully on their own Earth 2). As far as I'm concerned Rebirth is already a success. DC just needs to tweak a few things with this event. The timeline needs to be longer to accomodate all the Robins and earth Green Lanterns, some costume design changes (please ditch Superman's high collar! and Raven's feather face!), and make the heroes friends with one another. Hal and Ollie barely know each other!

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    It was an editorially mandated event with an editorially mandated plot with an editorially mandated end point. Then the lead writer jumped ship. World's End was a mess but the only people I blame for that debacle is DC's editorial staff.
    Yeah I don't blame Bennett for World's End. DC intentionally sank Earth 2 so they could put out one more godawful weekly series. She was given a horrible plot and was tasked with making it work. I don't think many writers could have succeed with the mess that they handed her. I completely blame editorial for the Earth 2 debacle. Was it Berzanga again?
    Last edited by Robotman; 02-15-2016 at 10:46 PM.

BANNED

Marguerite Bennett is killing it on Bombshells, she does a good WW in that series. Compared to who we have on Wonder Woman right now, I'd say that's pretty damn glamorous.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    I find it funny that the entire time World's End was coming out people were always blaming the writers for how bad it was and now people are blaming editorial for the fiasco there. Personally, I blame every single person who was involved with it both writers and editors and that includes Bennett. Even with her work on DC Bombshells being good I'm still going to be skeptical of her being on a double shipped Wonder Woman until I see a few issues. That just how I feel about it.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG