Super Moderator

Default Igle, Randolph & More Launch "BLACK" Graphic Novel Kickstarter

Written by Kwanza Osajyefo with art from Jamal Igle, "BLACK" is set in a world where only Black people get superpowers.

Full article here.

Spectacular Member

This sounds very interesting. Definitely excited to read this one when it comes out.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I really liked the interview I read with Kwanza, so I wanna see about the Kickstarter next week.

Never heard of Zuda, though.

Astonishing Member

Looks like it could be fun. Not sure if I'd want to be a part of the kickstarter though. It's a good concept but could come off as ham fisted.

Though I'd wonder how that world would work. I mean dynamics would have to be different if a world existed where only one "race" had super powers.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Looks like it could be fun. Not sure if I'd want to be a part of the kickstarter though. It's a good concept but could come off as ham fisted.

Though I'd wonder how that world would work. I mean dynamics would have to be different if a world existed where only one "race" had super powers.
    Not really.

It can be done with very few dynamics being changed.

I'll give you one-in my school district every school has FREE breakfast for students. Think about what you could put into that food? Especially since it comes form ONE source. We have 200k students.

Stores-not every store is in a black community.

Shoes-how many colleges and sport leagues have NIKE only contracts?

If you wanted to infect certain people you could do it in so many ways. And no one would notice.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Not really.

It can be done with very few dynamics being changed.

I'll give you one-in my school district every school has FREE breakfast for students. Think about what you could put into that food? Especially since it comes form ONE source. We have 200k students.

Stores-not every store is in a black community.

Shoes-how many colleges and sport leagues have NIKE only contracts?

If you wanted to infect certain people you could do it in so many ways. And no one would notice.
    Err. Not what I was meaning.

What seems to be the implication given the article is that there have been black superheroes, and only black superheroes for some time in secret (until the main character discovers this) but the present power dynamics of the world haven't been changed yet. IE It's a world outside of our window type of world but with a possibly extremely altered history.

Astonishing Member

I hear the second part of the trilogy, White is about to be released but I don't see it solicited anywhere. Does anyone know how to get these books or would you have to be a part of the Kickstarter or will it be offered to the public.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    I hear the second part of the trilogy, White is about to be released but I don't see it solicited anywhere. Does anyone know how to get these books or would you have to be a part of the Kickstarter or will it be offered to the public.
    Check next month's Final Order cutoffs it should be listed in those. Issue 2 is slated for May so orders for issue one should start next month.