Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MeloDet View Post
    I was a little worried I'd come across as too much of a fanboy, but yeah, that's pretty much what I was thinking. I think I've mentioned it before, but I've come to the conclusion that part of the reason I've stopped enjoying Superman/Batman stuff is the way that Superman's characterization seems to change to work better as a foil to Bats. You never see the "Clark Kent is real, Superman's the mask" played up as much as when he's being compared to Batman's "Bruce Wayne is the mask" bit. I don't think the characters are inherently opposites the way some writers and fans seem to.

Agreed, though I actually quite liked Tomasi's Batman & Robin his Superman stuff has all been very mediocre so far. As for Pak I can only hope that HsssH is right and that Kuder gets a chance to take over as both writer & artist; I get the feeling that he's more responsible for the best of Pak's run that he gets credit for.
    i will not lie. i dislike batman in the shared spotlight books, all of them, in my pov the other characters get a cronical level of stupidity and powerlessness to make bats shine. i only like the bat books that are centered on the character own cast and "world". grayson was right to pave his way out of the bat shadow

Astonishing Member

Still early. Still room for more news. Keep hope alive.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Called it. Now you need a Trinity book in time for the movie. Decent move.

Ooooo "The Super Man" sounds like a really cool name. I wonder what it could be about? Maybe a look at Superman squarely from the eyes of those around him and the world at large? Like a revolving door of POV characters that are all interlinked by their proximity to this guy? Nah. More than likely another place where Superman punches people for 20 pages

Superman is now bi-monthly? That's interesting. Tomasi's not really my favorite writer but I'll give him another shake just to see what's good.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Y'know, Tomasi's fine. I didn't check his Superman/Wonder Woman run, but in the preview of that, Superman himself came off really well. It certainly couldn't be any worse than the last Superman #1. I trust that'll stay a rock of stability, if not much more than that, so long as DC stays out of his way.

The Super Man (I'm thinking that's a false report, it's an in-joke only a handful would get) and Man of Steel (that sounds a lot more plausible) could both be interesting, given that they sound at least somewhat like specialty projects. Hoping one of them is by Steve Orlando. Sure wouldn't complain about Hickman either. And I've said it before, I'll probably say it again: god help the poor son of a bitch who has to take on Action Comics #1, when the first one created the superhero and the last one had the writer of the star's most beloved story of all time.
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Agniwolf View Post
    i will not lie. i dislike batman in the shared spotlight books, all of them, in my pov the other characters get a cronical level of stupidity and powerlessness to make bats shine. i only like the bat books that are centered on the character own cast and "world". grayson was right to pave his way out of the bat shadow
    It's kinda disappointing really since I when he's written a right (for me, I realize that a lot people like the way he's usually written) I do really enjoy the character, but the way he's been written in past years I find the character almost completely unlikeable. Honestly if I want Batman-esque stuff I'd rather read Daredevil most of the time.

As for the announcements, I just.. I really just want a writer who cares about Superman. It's become even more noticeable lately with Landis and his clear passion for the character and how that has translated so well into American Alien that part of what has really been lacking in recent years is creators that actually love the character. I don't even have the same opinions on Superman as Landis but the fact that he cares about the character and has a clear vision has made American Alien a joy to read. I suppose though that it comes back to editorial with that, doesn't it? Even if they found a creator who loved the character they'd probably be gone after a few months of frustration at not being able to show their vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Ooooo "The Super Man" sounds like a really cool name. I wonder what it could be about? Maybe a look at Superman squarely from the eyes of those around him and the world at large? Like a revolving door of POV characters that are all interlinked by their proximity to this guy? Nah. More than likely another place where Superman punches people for 20 pages
    Now that's an interesting idea. Very reminiscent of Astro City, though you're probably right about it being more punching. Yay -_-.
    Last edited by MeloDet; 02-02-2016 at 11:26 AM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

If Tomasi can bring the sheer fun of his wild n weird BATMAN AND ROBIN run, I'm game.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

No way that BATMAN/SUPERMAN doesn't get a relaunch in time for the film.

I think its very unfortunate that Tomasi is doing that entire line crossover just before Rebirth. I mean, we all love crossovers, right? I don't like his writing as it is, but I can see many other people getting sour on him before he even has a real chance to show what he got for Superman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    No way that BATMAN/SUPERMAN doesn't get a relaunch in time for the film.
    what movie? bat v sup i snext month and bat/sup book is still going on

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    The Super Man (I'm thinking that's a false report, it's an in-joke only a handful would get) and Man of Steel (that sounds a lot more plausible) could both be interesting, given that they sound at least somewhat like specialty projects. Hoping one of them is by Steve Orlando. Sure wouldn't complain about Hickman either. And I've said it before, I'll probably say it again: god help the poor son of a bitch who has to take on Action Comics #1, when the first one created the superhero and the last one had the writer of the star's most beloved story of all time.
    Oh yeah I hadn't even concidered they could be specialty projects. DC you owe me a Hickman.

Ha! That poor poor human being. I'll be pullin for them (unless it's like Lobdell or someone like that)

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I think its very unfortunate that Tomasi is doing that entire line crossover just before Rebirth. I mean, we all love crossovers, right? I don't like his writing as it is, but I can see many other people getting sour on him before he even has a real chance to show what he got for Superman.
    on the contrary, im really expecting his run cause the greatest plus it has to offer is cohesiveness, even if the char gets ooc it will be cohesive in the entire line, so it is a great oportunity to show what he really understands (or not) about the char. after all, truth and savage dawn is a mess because of the massive rewrites it had on the run

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

DC Comics Rebirth: The Big Idea… Is A Secret From Batman V Superman Kept From Creators And Editors: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/02/...s-and-editors/

BANNED

Nothing but terrible news.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

DC Comics Rebirth: Trinity Comic To Return, Starring Batman, Superman And Wonder Woman: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/02/...-wonder-woman/

Thats sounds horrible.